“Heart of Italy ~ in Dunwoody (Atlanta), GA” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Carbonara Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 57 Restaurants in Dunwoody
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Mt. Vernon Hwy
Transit: MARTA Bus Route: 150 Perimeter Center/Dunwoody Village
Atlanta, Georgia
“Heart of Italy ~ in Dunwoody (Atlanta), GA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Chef, Kitchen, and Wait Staff were all wonderfully helpful and sensitive to Vegetarians in our party. Others ordered authentic, traditional dishes that were ALL Amazing. Only one other restaurant in Atlanta (near downtown) can do a Risotto as it SHOULD BE DONE ... THANK YOU FOR A DINNER TO REMEMBER!

• Visited December 2012

Atlanta, GA
“Cozy Home Feel with Half and Half”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Visited 12/14/2012

My family loves Italian cuisine. Opposed to dining at our usual Maggiano's or Brio, we chose to venture our taste buds to Carbonara, since it's also highly rated. The restaurant was hard to find, but upon entering, it immediately felt like home. I loved the openness and "family style" seatings. The food took extremely long to prepare, but it was hot and fresh. Two people ordered the salmon and rated it an 8. Two people ordered the chicken marsala and gave it an 8.5 and 6.0. My husband did not give an exact description of the taste, but he thought it was horrible. I ordered the fettuccini primavera. Although I knew it only came with peas, carrots, etc, I thought both the presentation and taste reminded me of a TV dinner. I did not think it was worth $16.00. I'm glad 3/5 of us enjoyed the meals, but I would definitely not return.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank SteveLili
Dunwoody, Georgia
“Nice Dunwoody spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Have had 2 meals since the open; pleased with both. Dunwoody has a tradition of difficulty when it comes to keeping restaurants. Italian has been the one exception and we might see history repeating. Service was very good and the owner was "omnipresent." Good crowd and all seemed to enjoy. The osso bucco was nicely done along with a very nice risotto. Wine list did not break the bank. The cannoli were a little disappointing, but likely impossible to "do it all" in the north Georgia suburbs. Happy to return.

• Visited August 2012
Dunwoody, Georgia
“Now, that's Italian !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have eaten here three times. The food is authentic Italian. I should know, my parents are from Calabria. I had the fettuccini Bolognese and my wife had the penne Arrabiatta. Both were al dente with just the right amount of "gravy". We have decided to dine here once a week. Dunwoody needs a true Italian restaurant. Carbonara is it.

1 Thank bookbinder303384703
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I had the pleasure of dining at this restaurant last night. We received prompt, polite & fast service. The owner was present & helpful to patrons, as well as staff. The food was fresh and delicious. We will be back.

• Visited August 2012