“Now, that's Italian !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Carbonara Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 51 restaurants in Dunwoody
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Mt. Vernon Hwy
Transit: MARTA Bus Route: 150 Perimeter Center/Dunwoody Village
Dunwoody, Georgia
“Now, that's Italian !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have eaten here three times. The food is authentic Italian. I should know, my parents are from Calabria. I had the fettuccini Bolognese and my wife had the penne Arrabiatta. Both were al dente with just the right amount of "gravy". We have decided to dine here once a week. Dunwoody needs a true Italian restaurant. Carbonara is it.

86% Recommend
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I had the pleasure of dining at this restaurant last night. We received prompt, polite & fast service. The owner was present & helpful to patrons, as well as staff. The food was fresh and delicious. We will be back.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Dunwoody Dining Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We love this place. The food is inventive and tasty. Service is personal and attentive. Prices are reasonable. And its close to home! So nice not to have to leave our hometown to find a great meal. Support this local businessman and his gem of a restaurant!

Sandy Springs, Georgia
“Finally, a great restaurant in Dunwoody”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We have dined here three times, once for lunch, twice for dinner, as recently as this past week. You may find some older reviews on other sites that are less than flattering, but those were during a period when the restaurant had not yet hit its stride, as is the case with many new eateries. Well, they've hit it now and it is great. I haven't found an item on the menu that was not excellent. Osso buco is the best I have ever had. Prices, particularly for the nice selection of house wines, are very reasonable. Service is warm, welcoming, and attentive. Spread the word. The Dunwoody restaurant scene now has a contender.

Atlanta, GA
“Almost excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We dined here to celebrate our anniversary, arriving at a busy time on a Friday evening. We were seated without a reservation -- although given how crowded it was, a reservation would have been a good idea. We both ordered the caprese salad, which was excellent. I enjoyed the spinach and ricotta ravioli; my spouse ate every bit of the generous serving of chicken Marsala with mashed potatoes. We were also served a small loaf of bread, which arrived at the table warm. There were some interesting wines available by the glass. (Tormaresca Chardonnay for me; Perazetta Sara Rosso for my spouse.) So why not quite excellent? Well, the service was okay, but not great. We were glad to be seated at a peak dinner time without a reservation; however, some guys at the next table grumbled audibly about the slow service while we waited for someone to bring us water, bread, etc. Our service wasn't so much slow as it was tentative to indifferent. The waitress seemed disinterested in our question about which wine would go well with our entrees. I had the feeling that the wait staff was stretched to the max. The decor is warm and welcoming. The large main room was very noisy with a number of groups and people dining with children. Given the hustle and bustle, the place seems to be a hit. I would have liked a little more polish and panache to go with the price tag.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere