“Great Stay with Great Customer Service! (40th Birthday Celebration)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter

You added Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter to your Saves list
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Perimeter Center West, Dunwoody, GA 30346 (Formerly W Atlanta - Perimeter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dunwoody
Columbus, Georgia
“Great Stay with Great Customer Service! (40th Birthday Celebration)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I am active duty military and just made a PCS move right before my Birthday. So I ended up making last-minute plans to meet some friends and celebrate my birthday. The Hotel was great down to the top-notch front desk staff. I was very impressed with the service and the rooms. Can not say enough about the 2 king suites with club lounge access. They even sent strawberries and champagne up for my Birthday. Even the security guard greeted me with a happy birthday one of those days as we departed for the evening. Truly a blessing! And the area is great, the mall across the street, and great restaurants all around. Didn't even have a need to travel downtown everything we needed was in the area. Love love loved my stay! This place is good for business or pleasure. And I don't usually leave reviews but I felt it was well-deserved!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Stacy575,

What a great review on your recent stay at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, thank you!

I am very pleased that you chose our hotel to celebrate your birthday. Happy belated birthday from me!

We hope to welcome you back! Thank you for all you do in your service.

Peter J. Dunn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Down South
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed recently for two nights with my daughter and another Mom/daughter for a weekend birthday celebration and to see Maroon5 at Philips. We chose this hotel because of its proximity to the Mall for the girls, ease of catching Marta to get to the concert, and the setup of the room along with offering uncovered parking for our Excursion. Location did not disappoint. The Marta station isn't walkable, but a very short drive through the mall parking lot which is right across the street. Although this is a business hotel, we did see a few people with children and didn't feel unwelcomed at all. I especially appreciated the friendly bell service with our bags. Front desk was also accommodating answering questions and helping us get a cord for a laptop. Very congenial atmosphere with a little edge that our pre-teens appreciated.

The adults appreciated the super comfortable double king beds in the suite. I loved this room setup and wish more hotels offered it. This gave us room to spread out and reminded me almost of a Vegas-style room. An especially lovely touch was the in-room illy espresso maker. I actually want one of these at home now I loved it so much! The club-floor breakfast was basic but delicious (loved the perfectly cooked bacon) and evening hors d' oeuvres of mini-quiche, olives, small pastry and cheese tray with dips very nice and added value to our stay. I also enjoyed the views from the club lounge and gathered that several people staying on this floor were repeat business customers so obviously this property provides a reliable experience! Rooms felt quiet and the floor peaceful. Also, we did order room-service and enjoyed a delicious almost-midnight pizza that my daughter claims was one of her favorites--ever! I do regret not trying their eclairs but will definitely do so next time!

Finally, parking was a breeze with no concerns that we have at times with the Excursion and covered parking. I actually asked about this here on tripadvisor before booking this hotel and very pleased with management's quick response.

We will definitely stay here again and are happy to find a hotel in this part of Atlanta that will consistently give us the experience we like. Thank you Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter for making my daughter's birthday weekend a happy memory!

Room Tip: I believe SPG members may get free wifi. I do know there is free wifi in the lounge/public areas of...
Green Features: You can decline housekeeping for your stay for extra SPG points. I initially did this but quickly realized we would need housekeeping since traveling with kids. Front desk friendly reversed this. Nice option if you're able to take advantage!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear sherpasmom,

Thank you for the elaborate review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter.

I am very pleased to read that we made your daughter’s birthday weekend a happy memory. Mission accomplished!

We hope to welcome you back!

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is my 'go to' hotel when working out of my companies ATL office.

The staff are so friendly and the shuttle service that takes me and picks me up from my work is a nice touch.

Having stayed here a few times now I would still certainly recommend it, however I have to point out that last time I ordered room service I opted for a pizza which was clearly frozen and quite inedible. On check out I noticed I had been charged for it and although I wanted a refund it took the reception ages to find the receipt so I had to dash to catch my plane without one.

Another gripe I had (sorry Le Meridian this is not your fault) was when using the gym in the morning I was not able to use the free weights as there were a couple of ladies who had all of them for half an hour whilst they exercised to a video they had brought down on their laptops. This I thought was pretty selfish given it was rush hour (7am)

Anyway onto the positives, I find the beds here really comfy and the huge TV with good choice of channels, this combined with excellent cleaning service and nice toiletries keeps me happy overall.

Special mention to Angel on reception and Reggie the shuttle driver!

See you next month :)

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear MalPalLondon,
Thank you for the favorable review on your recent stay at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. Sorry about your experience in the fitness center with the two ladies using all of the weights with their personal video – not a typical morning in the fitness center!
We look forward to welcoming you back next month.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is my first stay at this property. I had a conference nearby so I decided to stay here to experience this property. I have not stayed at a Le Meridien property (I stay a lot at the SPG properties) in a while so I wanted to check it out.

The property itself is welcoming and it is well designed with a chic touch to it. Location is convenient for businesses and accessibility to Downtown, airport and different suburbs. It is a lively location so even though I arrived late, the lobby was full with bodes and quite noisy. The person at the front desk was not very knowledgeable about the spg, so I did not get the platinum treatment. However, I was eventually upgraded to a beautiful suite. The room was nicely appointed, but the bathroom was rather plain.

I wanted to have some dinner and even though the restaurant is open until 10pm, they closed it much earlier and they were focused a lot on encouraging the people doing social drinking. Eventually, they let me order in the lobby, but my order had to be changed a couple of times since they did not have the ingredients in stock. However, when the dish eventually arrived, it was delicious.

I had to leave early morning so I used the club level which is nicely designed and it has a great view. Actually, I got a beautiful picture of the sunrise. However, the food is quite plain and dull. High on carbs and low on options.

When I tried to check out, I asked for a hard copy of my portfolio and there was a extra "room charge" that the front desk agent could not tell me what was it for. I asked for an explanation and for removal. The supervisor told me that is was in my rate and it cannot be removed. After more than 20 minutes they were able to remove it but still I did not receive an explanation what was it for. It also made me late for my teaching session. I believe at this point that this is possibly a hidden fee for people that really do not pay close attention to their portfolio.

After I got home, I wrote an email to the general manager, and to his credit, he replied promptly. He told me that the charge was for a rollaway bed which I ordered. I never ordered such thing, especially since I was travelling solo. A very strange explanation. He promised that his director of guest services will contact me, which it never happened. However, the general manager replied to every email and seems to be a very caring person.

It looks that at this property the glitz could easily become a glitch.
Would I stay here again? Absolutely! It is a very nice property.

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Dear ToniCTravelAmeniti1
Thank you for the review on your recent stay at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. As you noted in your review, you and I have exchanged several emails regarding your stay and the now infamous rollaway bed.
In further researching the matter, we determined that the rollaway bed is one of the items listed in your SPG preferences added in 2009 by the St. Regis Monarch. Mystery solved! As I noted in one of my email responses, the hotel does believe in nor practice adding ‘hidden fees’ to our guests.
In the end, I appreciate you noting that you would absolutely return, than you!

roswell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is phenomenal.The rooms area spacious and modern, while still cozy. Everyone I encountered was friendly and helpful, especially Francis at the front desk. Parking is free on the weekends, which is appreciated. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2015
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Susan b
Thank you for the great review on your recent stay at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. I love the description of ‘phenomenal’!
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Acworth, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015

I have now come here numerous times for job training. It is in a great location, although if you try to leave the hotel during rush hour, it will take you an hour to go down the road. The place is very clean. We were served a great breakfast and a healthy lunch buffet with lots to choose from. It was probably the best of any hotel we've had training in. Leaving the parking lot was a challenge, because each car exiting had to call the help button.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, January 26, 2015
Dear Lauren M,

Thank you for the great review of at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. I am enjoy reading whenever a guest refers to us as the best.

We hope to have you back again for more training.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2015

I reserved a King Bedroom to celebrate my wife's birthday and had a wonderful experience. The hotel is near the Perimeter Mall and numerous stores. Anything you could need is right around the corner. We previously stayed at this location when it was the W, but I must say it has been greatly improved. Check-in was very easy and the front desk person, Kaliah, was extremely helpful. We upgraded to a King Suite which was very clean and spacious with tasteful furnishings. The breakfast buffet was also delicious and well appointed.Great experience and will return!

Room Tip: I recommend the King Suite, but the room does not come equipped with a usable refrigerator. Just a s...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, January 15, 2015
Dear Jnev1914
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, especially since it was for your wife’s birthday.
Please wish her Happy (belated) Birthday on my behalf. We hope to welcome you back again.

Peter J. Dunn

Been to Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter? Share your experiences!