“Great Rooms, Great Value, Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter to your Saves list
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Perimeter Center West, Dunwoody, GA 30346 (Formerly W Atlanta - Perimeter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dunwoody
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great Rooms, Great Value, Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here two consecutive weekends while finding an apartment in the area after moving to Atlanta. I received excellent customer service, an upgrade that I didn't even request (I am very new to the SPG program) the first time, and was able to reserve an even better room than that (with Club Lounge access) for the same rate as the first time.

Please be advised: these were both Saturday nights, and this hotel is much less crowded and also less expensive on Friday and Saturday (especially Saturday), like much of "business" Atlanta.

The rooms are large, and when they say oversized work desk, they mean it - I wish I had one even half the size at my actual job. Inquire about WiFi costs, but I always connected to the Lounge, which is free. Front desk staff (I remember an African gentleman who knew the area well because he lived there, and an African-American lady who was equally kind), restaurant staff, and housekeeping staff were all professional, courteous and friendly.

Bathroom is spacious, well-lit, and has good-quality (typical) amenities.

In short, I paid less money than what I would expect to pay for a Holiday Inn Express, and feel that I got the value of something like an Intercontinental.

I do think their personal "bed style" (I'm not sure what they call it there) could probably be a bit better - mattress seemed very "giving" (i.e., not "firm" at all), but I'm stretching for a criticism there. Also, while the ice machine is very fashionable, you will hear it if you're right across the hall from it; I doubt you would hear it anywhere else (that's where I was my first stay).

Room Tip: If you are an SPG member, certainly the higher floor, the better. Don't be directly across from...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Excellent hotel after the renovation last week.
The contemporary hotel is heaven after a hard day's work. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. The lounge is open, bright and a place of rest. The bar is nice and also the staff do we they can to give you a good time. The rooms are spacious, clean and nicely decorated. The high desks were a bit strange at first but soon to be loved. The flatscreen, fast WIFI and delicious coffee make this a business stay worth while. I'll be back

Room Tip: Ask for a rooom on the clubfloor
Green Features: The hotel is recycling in room, in bar and restaurant
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear KurtD3,
Thank you for the great review! I am especially proud of your recognition of the friendly and helpful staff. Our goal is always to provide memorable experiences and it certainly appears that we achieved this goal with your stay.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for 4 nights. The design is very beautiful. The hotel looks much more expensive than it is. The rooms were very large, in great condition. The workout facilities were very nice and the free water and towels were a nice touch. All the employees were helpful and courteous without being over the top. The location is also great if you want to do some shopping since the mall is right acros the street. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear NA294,

Thank you for the kind review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter! I appreciate the kind words on the stay and facilities. Most of all, I am thrilled to read that you would stay with us again!

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is my second stay here, my first stay was right after they renovated. Still great, staff is very welcoming and helpful. Said I was having a bad day and the front desk attendant gave me a voucher for the bar. Rooms are spacious clean and well kept, workout room is large and clean and the lobby area is just super relaxing. My only tiny complaint is that I wish the food was a little better but I'm really just not picking. Highly recommend.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear orlickg,

Thank you reviewing Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter and thank you for making this your second stay.

I appreciate the “highly recommend" status.

Please come back again for a third stay.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I entertained clients there on the Chick Fila Kick Off Classic weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, except, perhaps, the mattress on the bed. I guess they are a matter of personal choice, but they really shouldn't have a permanent indentation. Overall, great experience. Friendly employees who made you feel like they were happy you were there. Great bar open until midnight. Shuttle service, extra large Tv. We're glad we stayed there, plan to go back.

Room Tip: Book two rooms and they just might upgrade you to a suite ! Nice people, really.
Green Features: I saw no offensive violations ? They don't dump their sewage on the parking lot ?
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear kimallman
Thank you for the kind review! I am thrilled to read that you will be back. I especially want to thank you for your comment on the friendly staff.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stay at this hotel twice. Once when it was the W and now after the conversion to Le Méridien. The hotel is located across the street from Perimeter Mall and the Dunwoody Marta station. There are many wonderful restaurants located near by. The hotel has a modern stylist french decor with clean lines. The rooms are large and spacious with Illy coffee markers in the rooms. The hotel bar has good food and service and is usually busy at night. I like the fireplace in the lobby. The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Lanny68,

Thank you!

Please come back again.

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here at the end of August and had a very enjoyable stay. Staff was very friendly. Hotel has a very modern french decor. Room was very spacious and clean. Bed was comfortable. The breakfast buffet was very nice and they quickly brought out more food when running low.

The location is great because you are close to so many things. Marta is close by. There is a mall across the street with tons of restaurants. There are also many stores/restaurants within walking distance. Pretty much anything you might need is very close by.

The one thing we didn't think this hotel had was great parking. It is free on the weekend, but close parking is very limited and we ended up way in the back of the hotel. It was very dark and not well lit and you couldn't get in from the back lot. You had to walk up a hill and around to get to the front to enter the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kzbug,

Thank you for the kind review on your recent stay at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. I am very pleased to learn of your very enjoyable stay. I am also pleased to write about upcoming changes to our guest parking that will provide additional spaces closer to the front of the hotel. We expect this to be in place in the coming weeks.

Please come back again.

Peter J. Dunn

Been to Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter? Share your experiences!