“Jekyll and Hyde experience” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter to your Saves list
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Perimeter Center West, Dunwoody, GA 30346 (Formerly W Atlanta - Perimeter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Dunwoody
Atlanta, Georgia
“Jekyll and Hyde experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Background - staying here for 3 weeks straight, SPG Platinum Member

The good:
1- Nice big rooms
2- Newly remodeled
3- Lobby provides a nice work or relaxatio area
4- Great area for restaurants/entertainment around the hotel

The Bad:
1- Housecleaning (and cleaning in general it seems) is *very* inconsistent and unpredictable,and it often ignores do not disturb signs. Cleaning seems to be a random act. It does not help that these modernist hotels don't have trash cans anywhere, so a lot of room service trash may be in hallways throughout the day.
2- Absolutely no acknowledgment of SPG frequent guest status, as a matter of fact not even lodged in SPG reserved floor
3- Random parking charge policy
4- Some staff is friendly some not so much so either the training in this area is inconsistent or staff are left to their own on how to interact with guests
5- Although the workout room is large, there is not enough equipment for peak times.

Summary: For a "luxury" hotel I would expect better. For a long term "elite" SPG member I would also expect better. Seems this hotel is still struggling to create a following (with so many other SPG properties,and other hotels, in the area) which is unfortunate. It would not take much to clearly be the best SPG property in the Atlanta (minus the St. Regis). In the meantime it performs as a much lower class property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear epg_01,
Thank your for review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. I appreciate the nice description of ‘the good’. However, I am sorry to learn of ‘the bad’, especially after a three week stay.

Regarding the inconsistent housekeeping effort, no excuses. Do not disturb signs should always be respected. Regarding the location of your room relative to your SGP status, the type of room you had may be the reason that you were not actually on the SPG floors. I believe that you were in a double king suite (based on researching your status and length of stay combination). Because of the fact that we do not have a large number of these suites on each floor, it is impossible for us to place more than a few on our two SPG floors. We make every effort to place our SPG Gold, Platinum and Elite members on the highest floors possible (unless otherwise requested) while still honoring the requested room type.

Parking charges are only applicable during the week which might explain what you have described as random parking charge policy. We do not charge for parking on Friday and Saturday nights.

In the end, we certainly appreciate your loyalty to Starwood and to Le Meridien for a three week stay. If I may suggest for future reference, especially for extended stays, please contact a manager while you are on property to discuss any shortfalls you may experience. More often than not, problems can be rectified with immediately when they are brought to management’s attention.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This Hotel was remodeled about a year ago. I stayed here before remodel when the hotel was a W. The remodel and reopening as Le Meridian is incredible. There are great dinning choices near the hotel, but the hotel has a Head Chef that makes stock from scratch. Try the Restaurant! The bar is a good place to relax after work or meet Friends for drinks.

The rooms are very comfortable and the staff is great. This is my "go to" Hotel when staying in Atlanta Perimeter area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear EugeneCooper,

Thank you for your wonderful review. My team and I are grateful that this is now your ‘go to’ hotel in Atlanta.

We look forward to your return

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I rarely take the time to write a negative review, but found the service st this hotel so horrific that I must warn others.

This was my first visit to the hotel since it had changed from being the W Perimeter. I called the hotel to ask directions from the highway and the phone was answered by a person speaking so rapidly it was in inaudible rumble. I asked if this was the Le Meridian hotel and he simply said: "that's what I just said" in an annoyed tone. I then asked him where the hotel was located and he replied that it was across the street from Perimeter Mall and hung up the phone. I was shocked at how rude the phone operator was.

The exterior actually looked very nice and I was looking forward to checking out the new decor. I pulled into the valet and had to wait 5 minutes for an attendant to come out. He seemed confused when he finally came out. I asked him if he worked the valet. He replied that he did, but didn't have any tickets and would have to go find some. I was never apologized to for the wait or the fact that he had no valet tickets. He was gone for several minutes. I had now been in the valet for over 10 minutes. When he returned he simply passed me the ticket without eye contact.

I entered the hotel to walk into the extremely bright lobby. It was lit like a Walmart. The low end modern decor had a few business travelers in the lobby. It seemed like a hospital waiting room or uncomfortable airport lounge, rather than a hotel lobby or bar.

I entered the elevator (also over the top florescent lights) to Tina Turner music from the eighties blaring at an uncomfortable level. Another guest in the elevator made eye contact and asked me what I thought of this place. I answered it seemed very awkward and the staff seemed poorly trained. He agreed and laughed. He then said, " This place is a nightmare. Last time I stay here."

I went to my room and found the same horrible lighting that existed throughout the entire hotel. The decor in the room was plain and uninspired. Plastic cups in pastil wrapping on the bathroom counter like a Motel 6. Thin mildew smelling towels hung on the sink and above the toilet.

At least I could have a glass of wine and watch some TV. The minibar was poorly stocked and I was again disappointed.

Overall this hotel is not worth $10 a night. The staff is rude, the hotel is dirty and uncomfortable.
Sleeping in your car would be better!

Room Tip: Book at another hotel.
Green Features: I did not see any information about this in the room or was distracted by how disgusting the hotel was to notice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Victor R,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. I certainly apologize for any lapse in service. This is not how we typically conduct ourselves and we will address your concerns with our team.

Regarding our décor, I can only say that I am thankful that the great majority of our guests and reviewers on this and other social media sites disagree with you. While we welcome all feedback, I would like to point out that what you describe as ‘low end modern décor” includes furnishings by Herman Miller, a major American manufacturer of office furnishings, equipment and home furnishings. Regarding the lighting that you describe as florescent, it is actually LED lighting that is dimmed at sunset to change the mood of the arrival and bar area.

You closed your review stating that the staff was rude. I hope that you brought this to the attention of the manager on duty prior to your departure as we have no tolerance for this. Again, I apologize if our staff was anything but accommodating. If you did not have the time to speak with a manager, I would highly recommend this avenue for any of your future travels should you experience t his again.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My colleagues stayed in other hotels close to this one and complained a lot. However the meridien is a really nice hotel, with nice and very large rooms ( bigger than my apartment at home) and a nice gym. Only issue was my room, which was on a low level; the air conditioning was noisy. But I got told from my colleagues that they did not have this issue.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Stefan777-400,

Thank you for your review. Hopefully your experience was wonderful enough to convince your colleagues to come to Le Meridien instead of another hotel next time you are in the area.

We look forward to your return.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is my first stay here. Very modern and contemporary hotel. Awesome lobby with an impressively long modern bar. Lots of seating at the bar and lots of nearby seating. Relaxed lighting and not very noisey. Front desk staff and meeting staff very friendly and they can dish out the smiles. I had breakfast in the restaurant and it was well lighted and clean with a nice buffet offering. Wish two things: restaurant staff needs to learn to smile. Didn't feel very welcoming. Never saw our waiter again after we were seated. Had one cup of coffee poured and that was it. No one even came close to seeing if we would like a second cup. Fix the restaurant and I would have given it a perfect score.
Beds are very comfortable with great generous pillows. Lots of easy access outlets in the room. Lots of room so you don't feel cramped. Housekeeping staff is on their game. Good room to get work done. I didn't need earplugs either.
Hotel is close to Perimeter Mall with quality stores.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Joe L,

We are on it!

We hope to welcome you back again and look forward to a perfect score.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Asked for paper cups to make a cup of tea, was told that they were out. Asked for a glass cup from housekeeping and never got. Another co-worker had no coffee in her room. Shut water off for several hours one day. Then when I got back the water ran brown and yellow. Staff was extremely nice at check-in, but being kind rating average.

Room Tip: Charge for wifi then reimburse so they act like they are doing you a favor
Green Features: Seemed good asked if you wanted your room cleaned daily at check in
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Patti H,

Thank you for your review le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. Obviously not our best few days!
We did have to shut off the water for a few hours on three floors for maintenance work. We advised all of the guests on those floors the day prior to try to minimize the inconvenience. Unfortunately, there is never a ‘perfect’ time to complete this work but it does need to get done. It was our hope that working from late morning to early afternoon on a weekday would have the least guest impact.

Hopefully you will give us another opportunity in the future.

roswell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is a wonderful hotel in a superb location. The rooms are hip and modern with all the comforts a traveler needs. Bed and bedding are comfortable and of good quality. I experienced excellent customer service from Ian and Tonya. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear susan b,
Thank you for the kind words in describing your recent stay at Le Meridien Atlanta. In particular, thank you recognizing Tanya and Ian.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Peter J. Dunn

Been to Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter? Share your experiences!