“The Best Hotel in the Perimeter Mall area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter to your Saves list
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Perimeter Center West, Dunwoody, GA 30346 (Formerly W Atlanta - Perimeter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Dunwoody
“The Best Hotel in the Perimeter Mall area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This Hotel was remodeled about a year ago. I stayed here before remodel when the hotel was a W. The remodel and reopening as Le Meridian is incredible. There are great dinning choices near the hotel, but the hotel has a Head Chef that makes stock from scratch. Try the Restaurant! The bar is a good place to relax after work or meet Friends for drinks.

The rooms are very comfortable and the staff is great. This is my "go to" Hotel when staying in Atlanta Perimeter area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I rarely take the time to write a negative review, but found the service st this hotel so horrific that I must warn others.

This was my first visit to the hotel since it had changed from being the W Perimeter. I called the hotel to ask directions from the highway and the phone was answered by a person speaking so rapidly it was in inaudible rumble. I asked if this was the Le Meridian hotel and he simply said: "that's what I just said" in an annoyed tone. I then asked him where the hotel was located and he replied that it was across the street from Perimeter Mall and hung up the phone. I was shocked at how rude the phone operator was.

The exterior actually looked very nice and I was looking forward to checking out the new decor. I pulled into the valet and had to wait 5 minutes for an attendant to come out. He seemed confused when he finally came out. I asked him if he worked the valet. He replied that he did, but didn't have any tickets and would have to go find some. I was never apologized to for the wait or the fact that he had no valet tickets. He was gone for several minutes. I had now been in the valet for over 10 minutes. When he returned he simply passed me the ticket without eye contact.

I entered the hotel to walk into the extremely bright lobby. It was lit like a Walmart. The low end modern decor had a few business travelers in the lobby. It seemed like a hospital waiting room or uncomfortable airport lounge, rather than a hotel lobby or bar.

I entered the elevator (also over the top florescent lights) to Tina Turner music from the eighties blaring at an uncomfortable level. Another guest in the elevator made eye contact and asked me what I thought of this place. I answered it seemed very awkward and the staff seemed poorly trained. He agreed and laughed. He then said, " This place is a nightmare. Last time I stay here."

I went to my room and found the same horrible lighting that existed throughout the entire hotel. The decor in the room was plain and uninspired. Plastic cups in pastil wrapping on the bathroom counter like a Motel 6. Thin mildew smelling towels hung on the sink and above the toilet.

At least I could have a glass of wine and watch some TV. The minibar was poorly stocked and I was again disappointed.

Overall this hotel is not worth $10 a night. The staff is rude, the hotel is dirty and uncomfortable.
Sleeping in your car would be better!

Room Tip: Book at another hotel.
Green Features: I did not see any information about this in the room or was distracted by how disgusting the hotel was to notice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My colleagues stayed in other hotels close to this one and complained a lot. However the meridien is a really nice hotel, with nice and very large rooms ( bigger than my apartment at home) and a nice gym. Only issue was my room, which was on a low level; the air conditioning was noisy. But I got told from my colleagues that they did not have this issue.

• Stayed June 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is my first stay here. Very modern and contemporary hotel. Awesome lobby with an impressively long modern bar. Lots of seating at the bar and lots of nearby seating. Relaxed lighting and not very noisey. Front desk staff and meeting staff very friendly and they can dish out the smiles. I had breakfast in the restaurant and it was well lighted and clean with a nice buffet offering. Wish two things: restaurant staff needs to learn to smile. Didn't feel very welcoming. Never saw our waiter again after we were seated. Had one cup of coffee poured and that was it. No one even came close to seeing if we would like a second cup. Fix the restaurant and I would have given it a perfect score.
Beds are very comfortable with great generous pillows. Lots of easy access outlets in the room. Lots of room so you don't feel cramped. Housekeeping staff is on their game. Good room to get work done. I didn't need earplugs either.
Hotel is close to Perimeter Mall with quality stores.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Joe L,

We are on it!

We hope to welcome you back again and look forward to a perfect score.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Asked for paper cups to make a cup of tea, was told that they were out. Asked for a glass cup from housekeeping and never got. Another co-worker had no coffee in her room. Shut water off for several hours one day. Then when I got back the water ran brown and yellow. Staff was extremely nice at check-in, but being kind rating average.

Room Tip: Charge for wifi then reimburse so they act like they are doing you a favor
Green Features: Seemed good asked if you wanted your room cleaned daily at check in
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Patti H,

Thank you for your review le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. Obviously not our best few days!
We did have to shut off the water for a few hours on three floors for maintenance work. We advised all of the guests on those floors the day prior to try to minimize the inconvenience. Unfortunately, there is never a ‘perfect’ time to complete this work but it does need to get done. It was our hope that working from late morning to early afternoon on a weekday would have the least guest impact.

Hopefully you will give us another opportunity in the future.

roswell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a wonderful hotel in a superb location. The rooms are hip and modern with all the comforts a traveler needs. Bed and bedding are comfortable and of good quality. I experienced excellent customer service from Ian and Tonya. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear susan b,
Thank you for the kind words in describing your recent stay at Le Meridien Atlanta. In particular, thank you recognizing Tanya and Ian.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Perhaps this is true of all LMs, but this one exudes a hipper than thou attitude. If you get past that, then it's just fine. The entrance can be a bit challenging -- particularly when entering from the west -- but it was good enough.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear scyphers,
Thank you for the nice review Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. The ‘hipper than thou attitude’ is an interesting and unique description of the hotel.
We hope you will come back again.

Peter J. Dunn

Been to Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter? Share your experiences!