“Modern comfort.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter to your Saves list
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Perimeter Center West, Dunwoody, GA 30346 (Formerly W Atlanta - Perimeter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Dunwoody
roswell
“Modern comfort.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is a wonderful hotel in a superb location. The rooms are hip and modern with all the comforts a traveler needs. Bed and bedding are comfortable and of good quality. I experienced excellent customer service from Ian and Tonya. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear susan b,
Thank you for the kind words in describing your recent stay at Le Meridien Atlanta. In particular, thank you recognizing Tanya and Ian.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Perhaps this is true of all LMs, but this one exudes a hipper than thou attitude. If you get past that, then it's just fine. The entrance can be a bit challenging -- particularly when entering from the west -- but it was good enough.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear scyphers,
Thank you for the nice review Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. The ‘hipper than thou attitude’ is an interesting and unique description of the hotel.
We hope you will come back again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at Le Meridien last evening. Check in was somewhat painful because the slider to place my credit card wasn’t working. Used three cards till the clerk realized it wasn’t my card, it was the reader. Awoke to take a shower and realized there was NO hot water. Phoned front desk and they said “sorry were working on it but we are aware”. No courtesy call to my room to tell me, I had to call them. Took a cold shower (been in a war zone and had hot showers btw). Front desk said they would have given me a free breakfast but breakfast was over. I have traveled to world and your customer service was pathetic. If there is no hot water you better think of a plan to make it right. Highly encourage the GM and his staff go visit a local Chick-fil-a to see how customer service is delivered. Poor, poor performance...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Steven M,

I am very sorry to read the frustrations you encountered during your recent visit to Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter – definitely not our best performance. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences.

I will relay your comments and suggestions to my team.

Thank you for your feedback.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a very nice property, but it is not quite on par with LM's in outside of the US. Admittedly I am a hotel snob. You will never NEVER see a Holiday Inn, Best Western, or La Quinta review from me. There are even times when staying at a Sheraton, even with Starwood as my preferred brand, causes me to pause and reconsider my brand loyalty.

With that said the LM Atlanta has a nice club-level lounge, modern (LM-typical) decor, and a friendly staff. Unfortunately, even in a one-bedroom suite the bathroom seemed like an afterthought. It was small and typical in size and layout to a much lower tier hotel.

Valet was nonexistent and there were several guests including myself queued up in the drive waiting for someone to come usher cars through. Not a huge deal as there is self-parking, but typical LM clientele is more of a valet-using crowd.

Bottom-line: Very nice hotel in Atlanta if you're going to be in the downtown area or 'burbs, but if you're just staying overnight due to international flight connections it is quite a ways from the airport (35 minutes in light traffic to ~1 hour in heavy traffic).

Room Tip: If you're SPG Platinum, ask for a corner suite.
Dear coastaltrav,

Thank you for your review of le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. I am very pleased to read that you rated us a s a very nice hotel.

We do offer valet service and I will follow up with my team to review your comments regarding the lack of valet during your visit.

Once again, thank you and please come visit us again.

Providence, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've stayed in most of the hotels nearby, and I consistently return to the Meridien. The location is good, right across from the Perimeter Mall. The staff is friendly and helpful, and seems genuinely interested in making your stay a pleasant one. When I check in, they welcome me back, which means either they actually remember me from time to time, or their CRM system does. In any case, it's nice to be acknowledged as a repeat customer.

The restaurant is definitely above average, and kudos to the bar tender who remembers how I like my martinis. The rooms are large, clean, and well-maintained. The wifi speed is fast enough to work from my room, and can usually hold a pretty good Skype session. Their shuttle service will take you anywhere nearby, though during peak hours they could really use two of them. The in-room coffee is definitely above average, though it took me a few stays to get the hang of the coffee maker. The hotel is sort of a modern European style, which wouldn't be my first choice. The rooms have lots of task lighting, but few overhead lights. It gives the place a homey feel, but I find myself keeping a flashlight handy to find the odd sock that ends up in the corner. I also like their green program, which allows you to forgo some of the housekeeping in exchange for extra Starwood points.

If you stay anywhere often enough, eventually you will have a problem of some kind or other, and I get that. What matters is how they address the issue. On one occasion I had a really, REALLY loud AC unit, and they fixed it promptly and were very apologetic. In my book, that counts for a lot.

Strangely enough, there are no advanced services on the TV. Most hotels have PPV movies etc., and the Meridien does not. I imagine it's a pretty good revenue stream for most hotels, so I'm not sure why they've not installed something. In any case, when I miss an episode of Game of Thrones, the TV has an HDMI input, and I end up using a laptop and HBO 2 GO, and it works quite well.

If I had one suggestion for improvement, it would be that the housekeeping service is a bit inconsistent. The rooms are always clean, but occasionally they don't quite get the resupply thing right. Sometimes they replenish the coffee but not the cream, and occasionally I end up with two conditioners and no shampoo. I now make it a habit of checking the cream supply when I come in for the evening, and calling the front desk if it falls short.

Dear Sailwtmeri,

Thank you for the extensive review on your recent stay. I am very pleased to read that you are a repeat guest and even more pleased that our bartender remembered how you like your martinis!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here for four days and enjoyed every relaxing minute in the room. I had a one bedroom suite that was spacious and very well furnished, including a dining table. The room had good natural light. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was professional and the rooms spotless.

My only gripe was the room service menu which had a limited selection without the standard comfort foods for the road. When I ordered, it did come up within 30 minutes, but the salmon with spinach was pretty meager looking. Again the room service staff was efficient and nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear THESUPERFRANK,
Thank you for your review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter!
I am very pleased that you enjoyed every minute in our beautiful large suite. Many thanks for the mention on our professional staff!

Oakton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Located across the street from the mall so good proximity to shopping and restaurants; rooms and common areas are modern and clean; friendly and helpful front desk staff; decent food and drink in the club lounge. Overall, no complaints.

Dear MVreviews

Thank you for the nice review on your recent stay. I appreciate your mention of the friendly and helpful staff!

Peter J. Dunn

Been to Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter? Share your experiences!