“Amazing staff and gorgeous hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter to your Saves list
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Perimeter Center West, Dunwoody, GA 30346 (Formerly W Atlanta - Perimeter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Join SPG to save 5% more
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Dunwoody
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Amazing staff and gorgeous hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I can't describe how welcoming and conscientious the staff were. They anticipate your every need and nothing is too much trouble and are just such lovely people to top it off.

The rooms are really spacious and the beds are unbelievably comfortable. Take a 12th floor room if possible and enjoy the floor to ceiling - wall to wall views and access to the club lounge, soft drinks are available 24/7 and they serve complimentary continental breakfast and afternoon snacks like samosas cheese, olives etc

If I had to be pushed to suggest any improvement the room service menu late at night is really limited - although I always wanted soup which they had - I didn't like the types available each night.

Other than that something which I find in all hotels is that there was not enough light in the room for getting ready etc unless you have your curtains open (not always practical)

The pool wasn't open yet, but I'm sure it's lovely and the 3 mile shuttle and pick up service was a really nice touch.

Thanks for a great 5 days - particularly to the reception staff - do ask them where to go and what to do we found out about a great festival and a gospel service both highlights of our stay. I really hope I can come back soon :)

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
West Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for a long weekend and quickly came to love this hotel. We met Francis the moment we checked in and he is a dream to deal with. He has the best personality to work the front desk. Although we didn't need a valet, Greg, is also a top notch asset for the hotel because he knows his restaurants that are nearby. Chris is an excellent bartender and extremely knowledgeable even when making an off the wall drink. Thanks for that one Chris! Our room was very spacious and clean.The fitness center is very nice. The club lounge was very functional for us. Unfortunately the pool is undergoing renovations at the present but it should be really nice when they are finished. We had a couple of little problems that were quickly handled. About the only thing that is a big minus for this place is that they don't furnish fridges for the rooms. I drink a lot of water and prefer it cold and a fridge would have been extremely nice. The hotel is right across the street from the Perimeter Mall, which is nice, but there is no crosswalk, so be careful of the traffic. There are lots of absolutely wonderful places to eat within walking distance, so park your car and walk! You will be glad you did. Dunwoody is a nice place.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room as high as you can to avoid any noise if you would like to get some sleep i...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear TheArdsofSC

Thank you for the thorough review of your recent stay at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. I am very pleased to read your comments on different members of our team. Our goal is to create memorable experiences for our guests and it would certainly seem that we accomplished this goal during your visit.

We hope you will come back again!!

Westfield, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a great hotel with friendly staff, a spacious lobby with ample seating and a fantastic room. There is a long, high desk with a high chair that turned out to be a great working environment. Walkable to the high end mall across the street and great restaurants as well.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear 02Hossier,

Thank you for the great review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the selection of the high desk and desk chair in the room. I have to admit that this is one of my favorite points of differentiation in our rooms. Everyone loves this difference.

We hope to welcome you back again.

Hazlet, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel rooms and grounds are so nice, hotel is away from all the downtown noise. Gym is excellent. I am giving 3 stars because of the club lounge access. I paid over $60 more for club lounge but i have to say its the worse food I've seen at a lounge i.e the quality and quantity. The evening Hors D'oeuvres had almost nothing edible then the breakfast had biscuit sandwiches that were microwaved. I asked the server if they made it from the kitchen she said it's supplied daily.

If you don't care about the club lounge then this is a perfect hotel. I'll stay here again but at a standard room rate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear maud9

Thank you for your review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter.

I am sorry to learn that you did not enjoy the food selection of the Club lounge. We will take your feedback into consideration when we are changing the menu selections.

Once again, thank you!

Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked this for a Saturday night date night with my husband. The room was stylish and comfortable, as was the lobby. There were crowds of unsavory characters hanging out though, and there was litter everywhere. Lots of litter in the parking lot. Litter in the lobby (on the tables) and even found trash in my guest room sink upon check-in. Not up to par for an upscale hotel stay. Had stayed many times when it was the W hotel and it was better then. I don't plan to return. I believe this hotel lowers its room rate drastically on the weekend and it clearly draws a different crowd than the weekday business travelers.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear KimAtlanta,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations.

While I understand your decision to not return to the property, I hope that you will continue to patronize our sister branded Starwood Hotels.

Sincerely

Oakton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am very glad I decided to stay here on a recent visit to Atlanta. The hotel is converted from an old W. They did a great job with the hotel and the rooms are fantastic. It hasn't open and modern floor plan. The staff was nice and I really enjoyed my stay. Can't wait to come back. The one thing I would note as a platinum member you only get the awards floor not as good of an upgrade as another hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear cmillerus

Thank you for the great review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We can’t wait to welcome you back!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My family and I was visiting family in Atlanta. We stayed here and also in the W downtown (for our visit to the aquarium). Both was very nice but if I had choose one over the other, I would pick here for sure. The decor was very modern and the room was spacious and bright. The TV was great!! I've stayed at a lot of hotels with big flat screen TV with disappointing ordinary resolution making it horrible to watch. This one had a 46" Samsung with HD picture!! Another surprise is the in-room espresso machine instead of your run of the mill coffee makers. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The Parameter Mall is across the street with food places in walking or close driving distances. Also nice to find out that self-parking here is free over the weekend which was a plus. Over all, we felt very comfortable here and I will stay here again on my future visits.

EH

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Ed H

Thank you for such a nice review. i may be biased but I agree with your choice of hotels! I am very pleased you enjoyed the hotel and surroundings.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Peter J. Dunn

Been to Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter? Share your experiences!