“Great Rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter to your Saves list
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Perimeter Center West, Dunwoody, GA 30346 (Formerly W Atlanta - Perimeter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Dunwoody
London
“Great Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week for business. All the staff were superb and the rooms were very good. Stylish and modern with tons of space and lovely bathroom facilities. Used the gym which was excellent and had a couple of meals which were fine.

Will definitely use this for my Atlanta trips in future.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear MalPalLondon,

Thank you for the great review. I am so pleased that you had the opportunity to experience our meeting services .We have outstanding facilities that we are very proud of.

We hope to see you again.

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Our first visit, very nice, well appointed.
Friendly, courteous, efficient staff. Quick check in. Suite was large and comfortable, nice view from our 11th floor suite. We did not use the Resturant, however i was told by a colleague that it was very good. The bed was very comfortable. Our meetings in the Board Room were attended to by staff who kept bringing drinks and snacks. The audio/visual equipment was "State of the Art". The proximity to Perimeter Mall was convenient for our spouses to shop while we met. We will be back in the future.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Topgun48,

Thank you for the great review. I am pleased to read that you will be back. Please try our signature restaurant, Portico, on your next visit.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Virginia Beach, VA, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have been traveling to the perimeter area of Atlanta for over 10 years as my company headquarters are located there. I have probably stayed in just about every major chain hotel in the area and have always been puzzled at how run down and in need of updating most of them are. Recently both the Marriott and what was the "W" (now Le Meridien) completely upgraded and Le Meridien is the place to stay. The rooms are huge. This was my first return in some time and the staff desk upgraded me to a king suite on the club floor. I stayed for three nights and the room was fantastic! It was tastefully decorated with a large sectional sofa, table for eating or meeting, a large desk area and a second room with king bed.Best of all it was so new...no stains on the carpet or furniture as is common in most of the area properties. Yes, the bathroom is on the small side, but the overall quality of the room is leagues above anything else in the area.
The only place I felt they came up short was in the club lounge. There are really only some light snacks available in the evening and no hot food for breakfast other than oatmeal. The Marriott has this beat with light dinners and full hot breakfast. However, the location can't be beat as the Perimeter Mall and many restaurants are across the street and easy to walk to.
I used the hotel shuttle every morning, and it was a pleasure as it seemed on demand and was always right there. I was the only rider each morning. The restaurant and bar a beautiful, but I did not eat in them. I did order room service and the food was good but the choices limited, It would be nice to see those offerings expanded.
Overall, this is my new place to stay. The service was great and everyone seemed to be happy to be working there which always makes being away from home a bit nicer.

Room Tip: Suites are huge.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Oniionryder,

Thank you for the great review. I am pleased to read you liked the renovated look and I am especially appreciative of the "Best bet in the Perimeter area" title.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back!

Atlantic Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Newly converted, modern. Friendly staff. Great hotel gym, but they were out of sanitizer wipes. The only negative really was the loud sound the doors make when you open and close them, especially the closing part, it's like nails on a chalkboard. It really sounds like people are slamming them shut.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room near at ends of the hallway where the suites are located. During the first part...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear BrenKen1,

Thank you for your review.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back!

australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for nearly two weeks at the beginning of October. Overall - very comfortable. Hotel staff were always helpful and polite. We travel extensively and always book Club Lounge rooms. Club Lounge equals - private lounge with evening drinks and snacks in the evening, breakfast (cooked) and free wi fi - this was not the case. We had to pay for wine - $25 US for two glasses of wine, very limited snacks. Breakfast was limited and on the weekends, it was not replenished regularly - people had to ask for bread for toast. The hostess looking after the club lounge on the weekends was quite frosty when you asked for orange juice or milk (basic breakfast stuff??). Wi-fi in the club lounge is not free - you have to use the two computers to get free wi-fi. Basically do not bother spending the money on Club Lounge - not worth it.

The rooms have been upgraded and are modern and spacious. A couple of things to take on board. Upgrade your hair dryers - they are very old and small. I have short hair and took me time to dry my hair - anybody with long hair would be there for a while....take your own hairdryer. I asked for a plug converter ie. Australian to US - the hotel did not have any...get some! Not everybody has coffee - whilst there was coffee machines in the room, there was no way to make tea. Our room was on the 10th floor and the club lounge was on the 12th. I am not going to walk up stairs to get some hot water to bring down stairs. Get some kettles and keep with housekeeping for people who request them.

The gym was great and used it on a daily basis. We only ate in the restaurant twice but all good. We ate across the road at Season 52 - which was very reasonably priced and great.

I would stay again at this hotel - just a few points to improve.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jinnine r,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate all of your suggestions. You are correct in that we do not provide complimentary wine or beer in the Club Lounge. However, we have recently made a change to offer free Wi Fi in the Club Lounge. Other features and benefits are indicated on our website.

I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Cooper City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter had exceptional service from booking, to check-in. Room was very clean and most comfortable. The suite had a sofa and coffee table and would have suited business travelers as well as a leisure stay like mine. This was an exceptional stay and since it was my honeymoon most appreciated! Kudo's to the staff and management of this hotel.

Room Tip: Suite was very nice though it had a large meeting table with 8 chairs that definitely was not needed...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael1221,

Thank you for the great review and thank you for selecting Le Meridien for your honeymoon, I am honored! I am glad this was a memorable stay.

We hope to welcome you back!

Atlantic Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel often when it was The W from it's heyday to its run down state. Thank goodness Satrwood converted The W to a Le Meridien. The valet, bellman, and front desk associates we're all genuine and friendly. The rooms large and modern, apparently they converted the old balconies to extend the rooms. Clean, simple lines, greys, whites and woody. Nice job with the rooms. My only call out is that it seems the tubs are the old tubs and they should've replaced them during the conversion. The tub just doesn't look clean because its old and stained. The location is truly the most convenient location due to it's walkability to shopping and numerous restaurants. There was. It a charge for parking during my stay but I do believe they will start charging for parking, Also, the Internet is not free unless you are a Starwood member or your rate code includes free Internet. The availability of a courtesy shuttle, daily, until 11pm is a great service add. My only negative is that two rooms / guests (traveling together) especially the one next door to me kept opening and slamming their doors... .let's all remember to not slam our hotel doors.... Seriously we can close them a tad softer. This is especially annoying in the morning when business folks are departing. As I write this review, my two "neighbors" have slammed their doors 11 times.

Room Tip: Check all the rate codes as prices do vary greatly depending on your code.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BrenKen1,

Thank you for your extensive review. In response to you comment on parking, there is a parking charge from Sunday night to Thursday night, weekends are free. There is a charge for internet in the rooms but we offer it complimentary in the Hub (our lobby) as well as in the Club Lounge for Platinum SPG guests or guest who purchase rooms on our club floors.

We hope to welcome you back!

Peter J. Dunn

Been to Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter? Share your experiences!