I have been traveling to the perimeter area of Atlanta for over 10 years as my company headquarters are located there. I have probably stayed in just about every major chain hotel in the area and have always been puzzled at how run down and in need of updating most of them are. Recently both the Marriott and what was the "W" (now Le Meridien) completely upgraded and Le Meridien is the place to stay. The rooms are huge. This was my first return in some time and the staff desk upgraded me to a king suite on the club floor. I stayed for three nights and the room was fantastic! It was tastefully decorated with a large sectional sofa, table for eating or meeting, a large desk area and a second room with king bed.Best of all it was so new...no stains on the carpet or furniture as is common in most of the area properties. Yes, the bathroom is on the small side, but the overall quality of the room is leagues above anything else in the area.
The only place I felt they came up short was in the club lounge. There are really only some light snacks available in the evening and no hot food for breakfast other than oatmeal. The Marriott has this beat with light dinners and full hot breakfast. However, the location can't be beat as the Perimeter Mall and many restaurants are across the street and easy to walk to.
I used the hotel shuttle every morning, and it was a pleasure as it seemed on demand and was always right there. I was the only rider each morning. The restaurant and bar a beautiful, but I did not eat in them. I did order room service and the food was good but the choices limited, It would be nice to see those offerings expanded.
Overall, this is my new place to stay. The service was great and everyone seemed to be happy to be working there which always makes being away from home a bit nicer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Connected Getaway: Adjacent to Perimeter Mall, Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter is set in the heart of Dunwoody, minutes from downtown Atlanta via car or MARTA. The surrounding area is a contemporary juxtaposition of business, shopping, dining, sports, and entertainment. Modern Indulgences: The spacious, well-lit foyer exemplifies the stylish clean lines throughout the hotel. The gym and pool help guests unwind, world-class cuisine is served at our inviting restaurant, and our event space accommodates transformative experiences. Individual Comforts: Our 275 oversized guest rooms and suites feature bold blue and white decor with natural wood accents. All offer wireless High Speed Internet Access to keep you connected to home and the office, and some have two king-size beds for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Starwood, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlanta Perimeter Hotel Dunwoody
- Atlanta Perimeter Hotel And Suites
- w Atlanta Perimeter
- w Hotels Atlanta