“Comfortable Business Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter

You added Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter to your Saves list
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Perimeter Center West, Dunwoody, GA 30346 (Formerly W Atlanta - Perimeter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dunwoody
australia
“Comfortable Business Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for nearly two weeks at the beginning of October. Overall - very comfortable. Hotel staff were always helpful and polite. We travel extensively and always book Club Lounge rooms. Club Lounge equals - private lounge with evening drinks and snacks in the evening, breakfast (cooked) and free wi fi - this was not the case. We had to pay for wine - $25 US for two glasses of wine, very limited snacks. Breakfast was limited and on the weekends, it was not replenished regularly - people had to ask for bread for toast. The hostess looking after the club lounge on the weekends was quite frosty when you asked for orange juice or milk (basic breakfast stuff??). Wi-fi in the club lounge is not free - you have to use the two computers to get free wi-fi. Basically do not bother spending the money on Club Lounge - not worth it.

The rooms have been upgraded and are modern and spacious. A couple of things to take on board. Upgrade your hair dryers - they are very old and small. I have short hair and took me time to dry my hair - anybody with long hair would be there for a while....take your own hairdryer. I asked for a plug converter ie. Australian to US - the hotel did not have any...get some! Not everybody has coffee - whilst there was coffee machines in the room, there was no way to make tea. Our room was on the 10th floor and the club lounge was on the 12th. I am not going to walk up stairs to get some hot water to bring down stairs. Get some kettles and keep with housekeeping for people who request them.

The gym was great and used it on a daily basis. We only ate in the restaurant twice but all good. We ate across the road at Season 52 - which was very reasonably priced and great.

I would stay again at this hotel - just a few points to improve.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Jinnine r,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate all of your suggestions. You are correct in that we do not provide complimentary wine or beer in the Club Lounge. However, we have recently made a change to offer free Wi Fi in the Club Lounge. Other features and benefits are indicated on our website.

I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Peter J. Dunn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cooper City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter had exceptional service from booking, to check-in. Room was very clean and most comfortable. The suite had a sofa and coffee table and would have suited business travelers as well as a leisure stay like mine. This was an exceptional stay and since it was my honeymoon most appreciated! Kudo's to the staff and management of this hotel.

Room Tip: Suite was very nice though it had a large meeting table with 8 chairs that definitely was not needed...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael1221,

Thank you for the great review and thank you for selecting Le Meridien for your honeymoon, I am honored! I am glad this was a memorable stay.

Atlantic Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel often when it was The W from it's heyday to its run down state. Thank goodness Satrwood converted The W to a Le Meridien. The valet, bellman, and front desk associates we're all genuine and friendly. The rooms large and modern, apparently they converted the old balconies to extend the rooms. Clean, simple lines, greys, whites and woody. Nice job with the rooms. My only call out is that it seems the tubs are the old tubs and they should've replaced them during the conversion. The tub just doesn't look clean because its old and stained. The location is truly the most convenient location due to it's walkability to shopping and numerous restaurants. There was. It a charge for parking during my stay but I do believe they will start charging for parking, Also, the Internet is not free unless you are a Starwood member or your rate code includes free Internet. The availability of a courtesy shuttle, daily, until 11pm is a great service add. My only negative is that two rooms / guests (traveling together) especially the one next door to me kept opening and slamming their doors... .let's all remember to not slam our hotel doors.... Seriously we can close them a tad softer. This is especially annoying in the morning when business folks are departing. As I write this review, my two "neighbors" have slammed their doors 11 times.

Room Tip: Check all the rate codes as prices do vary greatly depending on your code.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BrenKen1,

Thank you for your extensive review. In response to you comment on parking, there is a parking charge from Sunday night to Thursday night, weekends are free. There is a charge for internet in the rooms but we offer it complimentary in the Hub (our lobby) as well as in the Club Lounge for Platinum SPG guests or guest who purchase rooms on our club floors.

Brea, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The rooms are amazing! You get a large room and a large living room. I have never had such a large hotel room. The service is amazing too. They are available to help with anything you need. The decor is very modern. I don't stay anywhere else when I am in Atlanta.

Dear Rcopeland14,

Thank you for the great review! I am thrilled to read that this is the only hotel you will stay at in Atlanta.

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I would truly be remiss if I did not write this review, since I stayed here for three consecutive months, 3-4 nights every week (plus a handful of other stays before that). This place was home!

Summary: see my headline, plus I would definitely recommend to business travellers who need to be in the Perimeter area or north of the city, and even visitors for whom the price is comparable to their alternatives. Platinum SPG business traveller, just so you know my angle.

Pros:
- Service: above all, the attentive and personal service differentiated the stay for me. The staff made the place feel like home, everyone from the desk check-in to the lounge to the shuttle driver. By my second stay (a month apart!), the staff already recognised me, and not because I gave them my name or they saw my reservation (I was still walking up to the desk). Bethlehem at the lounge would remember to leave me coffee for my late nights, the staff got my packages for me, the front desk knew my preferences every time, they left handwritten notes, and everyone always had warm greetings and smiles. What a change from the place I switched from, where I had stayed just as long but no one ever knew me personally.
- Rooms: very recently renovated, so everything is new, clean, and works. I had some very minor issues with a shower or two, but they fixed it right away when I brought the issue up. Suite availability is high; I have never not gotten upgraded.
- Decor: I like the sleek, modern, Euro-influenced aesthetic, made everything feel even cleaner.
- Location: as far as the land-of-chain-restaurants goes, this hotel is in a good spot - several chains are walkable (PF Changs, Olive Garden, J Alexander), and two good local Atlanta chains are also walkable (Alon's, Seasons 52). Most of the other hotels in Perimeter don't have as much nearby.
- Sleep: I've never slept better in a hotel - the mattress firmness just struck a chord with me, the curtains were truly blackout, and I've never encountered any noise whatsoever.

Neutral:
- Gym/amenities: nothing out of this world, but has a handful of ellipticals and treadmills, plus a full set of weights and a weight tower. If nothing else, there's very little traffic and it's quite clean. To be honest, I used very few other amenities.
- Value: I'm neutral - it's often slightly more than a peer hotel, but I was booking on a company rate (so it's probably different than market), and I wasn't concerned about the price. It wasn't cheap, but wasn't astronomical, pretty on point for what it is.

Cons:
- Parking: parking is available, but I think it's $10? Used to be free, and still free at the Westin nearby.
- Elevators: super nit pick, but they often take so long, and I could never figure out why.

As you can tell from the relatively minor and few cons, I had a stellar impression of the space. A huge thank you to the staff for making this feel like home, when it otherwise would have been more dispiriting to be away from home four nights a week. I will miss these folks!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Etoilefilantecb,

What a tremendous review, thank you! In particular, thank you for recognizing and complementing the staff for recognizing you and making you feel special. Our goal is to create memorable experiences for our guests and learning that we have achieved this is always so gratifying.

We will miss you as well as I assume that your work related project is complete or you have relocated to Atlanta permanently. In any case, we are very thankful that you selected Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter as you home away from home over the past few months.

Jackson, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in a king suite. The room was MASSIVE, basically two good-size normal hotel room combined into the suite. It has a large living/sitting area with a big flatscreen tv, a nice office area and a large table and chair for eating. The bedroom had its own flatscreen tv and was very well equipped. Bathroom was about average size.

The hotel itself was very clean and bright. The staff was more than courteous. I'd recommend self-parking over Valet as the valet staff frequently get overwhelmed and it can take some time for them to retrieve your vehicle. If you need to stay in the Perimeter area I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Suites are basically double the size for a few bucks more a night, worth it!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Legacyofbob,

Thank you for the wonderful review. And thank you for noting the courteous staff.

We hope to welcoming you again.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was impressed with this hotel! It was recently renovated and everything from the lobby to the rooms are new and stylish. If you are travelling for business in Atlanta, this is a great place to stay.

Great location is you need to be in the north perimeter area. Self-parking was only $10. The hotel has a good restaurant, and you can order from the full menu in the bar area. (Get the salmon!) The bar area is large, with several tables that are good for setting up your laptop and working away. The rooms are large and there is also a good size desk in the room if you prefer to work there. If you stay on a club level, the club lounge also has several areas to work, two computers with free internet access, limited breakfast in the morning, and appetizers in the early evening. Gym is fairly large with several cardio machines, weights, etc, etc.

The hotel is near a shopping mall and several restaurants. I would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Valerie P,

A great review on the hotel, thank you!

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Peter J. Dunn

Been to Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter? Share your experiences!