I would truly be remiss if I did not write this review, since I stayed here for three consecutive months, 3-4 nights every week (plus a handful of other stays before that). This place was home!
Summary: see my headline, plus I would definitely recommend to business travellers who need to be in the Perimeter area or north of the city, and even visitors for whom the price is comparable to their alternatives. Platinum SPG business traveller, just so you know my angle.
- Service: above all, the attentive and personal service differentiated the stay for me. The staff made the place feel like home, everyone from the desk check-in to the lounge to the shuttle driver. By my second stay (a month apart!), the staff already recognised me, and not because I gave them my name or they saw my reservation (I was still walking up to the desk). Bethlehem at the lounge would remember to leave me coffee for my late nights, the staff got my packages for me, the front desk knew my preferences every time, they left handwritten notes, and everyone always had warm greetings and smiles. What a change from the place I switched from, where I had stayed just as long but no one ever knew me personally.
- Rooms: very recently renovated, so everything is new, clean, and works. I had some very minor issues with a shower or two, but they fixed it right away when I brought the issue up. Suite availability is high; I have never not gotten upgraded.
- Decor: I like the sleek, modern, Euro-influenced aesthetic, made everything feel even cleaner.
- Location: as far as the land-of-chain-restaurants goes, this hotel is in a good spot - several chains are walkable (PF Changs, Olive Garden, J Alexander), and two good local Atlanta chains are also walkable (Alon's, Seasons 52). Most of the other hotels in Perimeter don't have as much nearby.
- Sleep: I've never slept better in a hotel - the mattress firmness just struck a chord with me, the curtains were truly blackout, and I've never encountered any noise whatsoever.
- Gym/amenities: nothing out of this world, but has a handful of ellipticals and treadmills, plus a full set of weights and a weight tower. If nothing else, there's very little traffic and it's quite clean. To be honest, I used very few other amenities.
- Value: I'm neutral - it's often slightly more than a peer hotel, but I was booking on a company rate (so it's probably different than market), and I wasn't concerned about the price. It wasn't cheap, but wasn't astronomical, pretty on point for what it is.
- Parking: parking is available, but I think it's $10? Used to be free, and still free at the Westin nearby.
- Elevators: super nit pick, but they often take so long, and I could never figure out why.
As you can tell from the relatively minor and few cons, I had a stellar impression of the space. A huge thank you to the staff for making this feel like home, when it otherwise would have been more dispiriting to be away from home four nights a week. I will miss these folks!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
What a tremendous review, thank you! In particular, thank you for recognizing and complementing the staff for recognizing you and making you feel special. Our goal is to create memorable experiences for our guests and learning that we have achieved this is always so gratifying.
We will miss you as well as I assume that your work related project is complete or you have relocated to Atlanta permanently. In any case, we are very thankful that you selected Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter as you home away from home over the past few months.
Peter J. Dunn
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.