“Love This Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter to your Saves list
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Perimeter Center West, Dunwoody, GA 30346 (Formerly W Atlanta - Perimeter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Dunwoody
Brea, California
“Love This Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The rooms are amazing! You get a large room and a large living room. I have never had such a large hotel room. The service is amazing too. They are available to help with anything you need. The decor is very modern. I don't stay anywhere else when I am in Atlanta.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Rcopeland14,

Thank you for the great review! I am thrilled to read that this is the only hotel you will stay at in Atlanta.

We hope to welcome you back!

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I would truly be remiss if I did not write this review, since I stayed here for three consecutive months, 3-4 nights every week (plus a handful of other stays before that). This place was home!

Summary: see my headline, plus I would definitely recommend to business travellers who need to be in the Perimeter area or north of the city, and even visitors for whom the price is comparable to their alternatives. Platinum SPG business traveller, just so you know my angle.

Pros:
- Service: above all, the attentive and personal service differentiated the stay for me. The staff made the place feel like home, everyone from the desk check-in to the lounge to the shuttle driver. By my second stay (a month apart!), the staff already recognised me, and not because I gave them my name or they saw my reservation (I was still walking up to the desk). Bethlehem at the lounge would remember to leave me coffee for my late nights, the staff got my packages for me, the front desk knew my preferences every time, they left handwritten notes, and everyone always had warm greetings and smiles. What a change from the place I switched from, where I had stayed just as long but no one ever knew me personally.
- Rooms: very recently renovated, so everything is new, clean, and works. I had some very minor issues with a shower or two, but they fixed it right away when I brought the issue up. Suite availability is high; I have never not gotten upgraded.
- Decor: I like the sleek, modern, Euro-influenced aesthetic, made everything feel even cleaner.
- Location: as far as the land-of-chain-restaurants goes, this hotel is in a good spot - several chains are walkable (PF Changs, Olive Garden, J Alexander), and two good local Atlanta chains are also walkable (Alon's, Seasons 52). Most of the other hotels in Perimeter don't have as much nearby.
- Sleep: I've never slept better in a hotel - the mattress firmness just struck a chord with me, the curtains were truly blackout, and I've never encountered any noise whatsoever.

Neutral:
- Gym/amenities: nothing out of this world, but has a handful of ellipticals and treadmills, plus a full set of weights and a weight tower. If nothing else, there's very little traffic and it's quite clean. To be honest, I used very few other amenities.
- Value: I'm neutral - it's often slightly more than a peer hotel, but I was booking on a company rate (so it's probably different than market), and I wasn't concerned about the price. It wasn't cheap, but wasn't astronomical, pretty on point for what it is.

Cons:
- Parking: parking is available, but I think it's $10? Used to be free, and still free at the Westin nearby.
- Elevators: super nit pick, but they often take so long, and I could never figure out why.

As you can tell from the relatively minor and few cons, I had a stellar impression of the space. A huge thank you to the staff for making this feel like home, when it otherwise would have been more dispiriting to be away from home four nights a week. I will miss these folks!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Etoilefilantecb,

What a tremendous review, thank you! In particular, thank you for recognizing and complementing the staff for recognizing you and making you feel special. Our goal is to create memorable experiences for our guests and learning that we have achieved this is always so gratifying.

We will miss you as well as I assume that your work related project is complete or you have relocated to Atlanta permanently. In any case, we are very thankful that you selected Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter as you home away from home over the past few months.

Jackson, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in a king suite. The room was MASSIVE, basically two good-size normal hotel room combined into the suite. It has a large living/sitting area with a big flatscreen tv, a nice office area and a large table and chair for eating. The bedroom had its own flatscreen tv and was very well equipped. Bathroom was about average size.

The hotel itself was very clean and bright. The staff was more than courteous. I'd recommend self-parking over Valet as the valet staff frequently get overwhelmed and it can take some time for them to retrieve your vehicle. If you need to stay in the Perimeter area I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Suites are basically double the size for a few bucks more a night, worth it!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Legacyofbob,

Thank you for the wonderful review. And thank you for noting the courteous staff.

We hope to welcoming you again.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was impressed with this hotel! It was recently renovated and everything from the lobby to the rooms are new and stylish. If you are travelling for business in Atlanta, this is a great place to stay.

Great location is you need to be in the north perimeter area. Self-parking was only $10. The hotel has a good restaurant, and you can order from the full menu in the bar area. (Get the salmon!) The bar area is large, with several tables that are good for setting up your laptop and working away. The rooms are large and there is also a good size desk in the room if you prefer to work there. If you stay on a club level, the club lounge also has several areas to work, two computers with free internet access, limited breakfast in the morning, and appetizers in the early evening. Gym is fairly large with several cardio machines, weights, etc, etc.

The hotel is near a shopping mall and several restaurants. I would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Valerie P,

A great review on the hotel, thank you!

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Loved it! It was luxurious while affordable. Love that combo. Bed was very comfortable. Entire room was clean. Coffee machine in room makes delicious coffee. Wish I had discovered that earlier in the trip! Friendly, helpful staff. Quiet hotel! Will definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MandyH21,

Thank you for the great review. I am very pleased to read that you will be back!

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We met friends who were staying at Le Meridien, Atanta Perimeter. They were staying on the hospitality floor of the hotel and took us to the hospitality room, where we were offered a lovely choice of hors d'oeuvres, waters or wines. We just had waters, but it was so nice to know we could enjoy a happy hour in a comfortable setting, talking to our friends without loud noise or music and ready access to internet on the computers available in the space. This was sort of a business/friends meeting, so we spent a lot of time in the hospitality area before going down to the restaurant in the hotel for dinner.
The dinner menu in the restaurant was interesting, and the food was very good, but the service was terrible.
We were the only guests in the restaurant at the time but no one came to give us water or take our orders for a long time. We waited an additional elongated time to be served, and some of the food was over salted.
I loved the decor of the hotel, very modern European, but unfortunately I wouldn't go back to the restaurant again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BailsB43,

Thank you for your review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter.

I am sorry to read that your experience in the restaurant was less than fantastic. I have shared your feedback with our Chef and restaurant service team. On a brighter note, I am pleased you liked the decor and Club Lounge.

I hope you will reconsider trying our restaurant again as I am sure your experience was the exception and not the norm.

Once again, thank you.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Just recently stayed 2 weekends in a row at this hotel on business. I was very impressed with the room size and the large desk work area. The couch was nice in the room also as it made it so you didn't have to lay in bed to watch the nice flat screen TV. Everything seemed updated and was very comfortable! My only two reccommendations to the hotel would be to put a top sheet on the bed as the comforter gets hot and its the only blanket. It would also be nice to put cream in the room with your wonderful expresso machine.
Overall, great location as it it very close to food and shoppping. I would reccommend staying on club floor as the access to refrigerated drinks and breakfast was a nice treat. The staff was also very helpful and accommodating.

Room Tip: Club floor 11 and 12 gets you access to lounge.
Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Beanyb8b,

Thank you for the great review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter.

The Le Meridien brand has European origins and true to this origin, the bedding does not have a top sheet, just a cozy down comforter. However, should your travel plans bring you back to our hotel, simply ask the staff for additional sheeting and it will be our pleasure to accommodate you.

Once again, thank you.

Peter J. Dunn

Been to Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter? Share your experiences!