I took great care in finding the perfect hotel for a recent getaway with my boyfriend this past weekend. We have both stayed in countless Starwood hotels but never a Le Meridien property so I was very excited to see that a new one had opened in Atlanta. I also author a lifestyle blog and was looking forward to sharing my experience with my readers. Unfortunately, I don't have as many positives to share as I was hoping for.
Check-in: "Sanja" at the front desk was friendly but did not want to accommodate my request for a higher room. On my reservation, I requested a room on a high floor, and away from the elevator. She first offered a 3rd floor suite which I asked her to change. We then were placed in a 5th floor suite, right next to the elevator and overlooking a parking lot! Not good enough especially when I later learned that the hotel was only at 40% occupancy for the weekend.
The Suite: The bedroom and living room were VERY spacious. We enjoyed the extra room however the bathroom was ridiculously small and cramped. The water pressure was acceptable however the A/C unit in our room sounded like it was going to blow every time we adjusted the temperature. It literally sounded like a car was rattling around in our room which made it very difficult to sleep. The bed was a bit too stiff for my liking.
Portico Global Cuisine : We visited the hotel restaurant on the first evening and overall we enjoyed the experience. We basically had the place to ourselves with the exception of one other couple. Service was slow but friendly. The food was tasty.
The Pool: Small and personal. The cabanas are free (first come, first serve). I only wished it stayed open later (closes at 10PM).
Customer Service: With the exception of the front desk clerk and the server at Portico, none of the employees greeted us. Not even a smile in passing.
Location: LOVED the Dunwoody area. It's tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Downtown & Buckhead. Perimeter Mall is right across the street. Lots of great dining and shopping within a 1-mile radius.
Parking: There is no covered parking. The lots are small and the spaces were extremely tight. Valet parking is also available.
WI-FI: Be prepared for the whopping $12.95 cost for internet access. It's free in the lobby but I work for a Government Contractor and needed some privacy. We felt that this cost was exorbitant.
Le Meridien was not horrible experience but I've experienced much better in Atlanta and for that reason (along with the outrageous WI-FI charge), I wouldn't stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Connected Getaway: Adjacent to Perimeter Mall, Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter is set in the heart of Dunwoody, minutes from downtown Atlanta via car or MARTA. The surrounding area is a contemporary juxtaposition of business, shopping, dining, sports, and entertainment. Modern Indulgences: The spacious, well-lit foyer exemplifies the stylish clean lines throughout the hotel. The gym and pool help guests unwind, world-class cuisine is served at our inviting restaurant, and our event space accommodates transformative experiences. Individual Comforts: Our 275 oversized guest rooms and suites feature bold blue and white decor with natural wood accents. All offer wireless High Speed Internet Access to keep you connected to home and the office, and some have two king-size beds for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlanta Perimeter Hotel Dunwoody
- Atlanta Perimeter Hotel And Suites
- w Atlanta Perimeter
- w Hotels Atlanta