“Pretty good but some small problems” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter to your Saves list
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Perimeter Center West, Dunwoody, GA 30346 (Formerly W Atlanta - Perimeter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Dunwoody
travelersc92
“Pretty good but some small problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Overall, the hotel is very nice, not a basic sterile business hotel. The staff is friendly, the hotel is clean and modern. I've been staying there several days a week for the past few weeks and there are several small problems/minor irritations on each stay. The in room safe didn't work, tv didn't work (which wasn't the hotel's fault) there was something sticky on the carpet, one time there was no top sheet on the bedding, there are never enough towels, they didn't leave soap in the bathroom, etc... I'll keep going back for the convenience for work, but I really wish they'd kick it up a notch. One other thing, the beds arn't comfortable. Not a Westin Heavenly Bed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear travelersc92,

Thank you for reviewing Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. I am sorry to learn of the small ongoing issues you are experiencing. I hope that you are reporting these to the front desk so they can be managed immediately if and when any occur. One quick note on the bedding, the brand standard for le Meridien is a bottom sheet only since the duvet covers are changed daily. This is a change that we adjusted to in the last few weeks.

Thank you for your continued patronage!

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I booked this hotel to serve as a resting place for me and my twin 18 yr. old daughters during a weekend shopping trip to Perimeter Mall. We had a bad attitude going in because our original plans for the weekend of going to the beach had to be scrapped as the weather forecast there was horrible Just walking through the hotel doors uplifted our spirits. We experienced gracious service at check in and a very calm, cool vibe in the lobby. Our room ( turned out to be suite) was amazing. ( I actually thought they gave us a free upgrade as this is way more than I expected based on the online views during booking.) Our huge rooms - living area, bedroom and bath, were appointed in understated grays and whites, with warm mid-century-esque wood furnishings. Bedding was just fine and I especially appreciated the little cool-touch flexible neck reading spot lights that were affixed by the sides of each of the two, yes two, king beds in our room. The high-quality portable magnifying makeup mirror proved to be especially handy with three ladies getting ready in the a.m. Both TV's were well positioned height wise in each room and were mounted on some sort of adjustable stand to the clear viewing from any angle within the room. Coffee machine was euro-style with options for espresso and reg. coffee. We didn't get into the the mini-fridge but it appeared to be well stocked. We brought our own little cooler of water bottles and snacks up at check-in and no harsh words or looks came our way. Location is fantastic if you're planning on shopping at Perimeter Mall. A Super Target is right behind hotel for necessities. Loads of eating options are available immediate area besides what's available at the mall. Nice pool area, although we ran out of time and couldn't use it. If you get a good price on one of the online sites, do not hesitate a second to book this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Flagirlatheart,

Thank you for the long and great review. I am very pleased to learn that we became a pleasant surprise after your disappoint of not heading to the beach.

Come back and visit us again.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay at the newly renovated Le Meridien in the Atlanta 'burbs. Once I found my way around the construction - the entrance was not quite finished - I was greeted by a very friendly and efficient front desk associate and a sleek, modern, open lobby/bar area (still has that "new car" smell) that gave the immediate impression that this was going to be a good experience. First impressions were correct. The rooms are nicely styled with some very interesting touches, e.g., poetry etched down the side of a floor to ceiling mirror. Comfortable bed and very spacious desk area with ample outlets, etc. I always appreciate a large, flat-screen TV and a coffee maker, and I wasn't disappointed there either. Will definitely stay again when my travels take me to Atlanta!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear BrdwyBear,

That you for the great review. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Central NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

the hotel has a unique vibe and decor. Loved the flight numbers, airport codes and route listings that were etched into the mirrors in the bathroom. A lot of the art around the place is unexpected and unusual. I enjoyed looking at it and trying to figure it out. As for my stay, rooms were quiet and comfortable. I didn't spend too much time at the bar height desk, so can't say for sure if that would be a problem of comfort over the long term. The breakfast buffet was adequate. I do have to say that the shuttle driver went above and beyond while trying to collect me from a MARTA station in a torrential thunderstorm. I really appreciated his effort in trying to make it easier for me, while he took the brunt of the rain and the driving in circles to find me. great job!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear bonvoyage74,

I am thrilled you loved the hotel. Thank you for the great review.

Please come back and visit us again.!

NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Originally slated for a 2 night stay while in the area for work. I cut it short because to be honest the place need to fine tune itself as well finish the construction before I would stay here again.

I noticed from the moment I pulled in the construction still going on around the property, which is understandable there is work to be done.

Check in was fairly smooth but when I got up to the room which was an upgraded room, I was literally behind the elevator shaft. My profile specifies away from elevator and I know from experience not a good call to be so close to the elevator. I also noticed a strong smell of fresh paint, thinking right away that this would b nauseating over time.

I asked for a new room, they were happy to help and moved me to a lower floor, same room type but again, fresh paint. I called down asked if I could cut the stay short and was accommodated without an issue. So make the best of a single night for now, I unpacked and noticed the crumbs of food still on the floor and plenty of dirt like the vacuum wasn't working properly and left this behind. No biggie, just 1 night I keep telling myself.

I had 2 double beds, smallish bathroom, large second room with workspace, table with 4 chairs, L Shaped couch and mini bar. Like I said, has great potential.

I went up to see what the lounge had to offer and my key didn't work so downstairs I went to have it reprogrammed. Back up I go, in the lounge I was greeted by a nice woman working the shift. Plenty of nice finger foods and bevs to be had.

Gym was decent, small for a hotel of this size and class, pool was also nice but the construction was a bit of an eye sore. The trash outside the back window from the gym was a turn off as well, they had all the old furniture and paint cans from the previous property all over the place.

All in all, a work in progress, putting a coat of paint on a wall isn't the way to create a top notch hotel of the caliber one might expect from Le Meridien. Fine tune the details and you may have a contender here but not at the moment, sorry Starwood.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear 2worldtravelersnj,

Thank you for taking the time to write a complete review on your stay. I am sorry to learn of the issues you encountered, definitely now the norm for us but valuable feedback nonetheless and easily remedied.

I am extremely happy to report that the renovations are almost complete so in just a few weeks, there will be no more construction trucks or any signs of renovation construction. Also, our new restaurant, Portico, will be opening in the coming weeks so please come back and revisit the hotel, I am sure your experience will be better.

Once again, thank you!

Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Service was really good at check in. We were offered late check out without requesting it.

The room was large and very nice. All the furnishings were new. There is an in room safe and a mini bar. The work desk is bar height. It did not feel like it would be comfortable to use for a long period of time. We did not use the pool or bar. We could see the corner of the pool out of the window. It looked like there were a couple of cabanas set up. Not sure if there is a charge.

The parking lots were very dark and crowded. The parking was complimentary, but I think that will change once all the work on the hotel is done. The elevators were slow. We waited 3 or 4 minutes on an elevator. When one finally stopped, it was full. Rather than continuing to wait we walked down from the 8th floor with our luggage. This was on a Saturday morning at 9 am, maybe there was a rush.......

Overall, the minor difficulties are probably more than worth it to have a room that is new and clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear roadonemoretime
Thank you your review.

The feedback so far on the height of work desk in the room is fantastic, mostly due to the great desk chair. There is no charge for the cabanas – they are available complimentary on a first come, first serve basis. Regarding the elevator, we did experience a malfunction late last week with one of our elevators resulting in the delayed service you referred to. My apologies for the additional unplanned exercise.

We hope you will come back and visit us again.

Thank you again!

Augsburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Was there with my partner this week while he has done business meetings I relaxed by the fantastic pool! From arrival to departure everything was the way it should be! The food I tried was excellent as well! The lounge offers amazing treats and even Fiji, Perrier Water and so on instead of the cheap stuff you get in other lounges!
I would say its the best Hotelexperience in Atlanta so far, better then the Ritz Carlton downtown!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear KingMarcus,

Awesome review….thank you!
Our new restaurant, Portico, will be opening in early July so come please come back and visit again!
Peter J. Dunn

Been to Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter? Share your experiences!