“Has potential but need to work out those kinks....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter to your Saves list
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Perimeter Center West, Dunwoody, GA 30346 (Formerly W Atlanta - Perimeter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dunwoody
NJ
“Has potential but need to work out those kinks....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Originally slated for a 2 night stay while in the area for work. I cut it short because to be honest the place need to fine tune itself as well finish the construction before I would stay here again.

I noticed from the moment I pulled in the construction still going on around the property, which is understandable there is work to be done.

Check in was fairly smooth but when I got up to the room which was an upgraded room, I was literally behind the elevator shaft. My profile specifies away from elevator and I know from experience not a good call to be so close to the elevator. I also noticed a strong smell of fresh paint, thinking right away that this would b nauseating over time.

I asked for a new room, they were happy to help and moved me to a lower floor, same room type but again, fresh paint. I called down asked if I could cut the stay short and was accommodated without an issue. So make the best of a single night for now, I unpacked and noticed the crumbs of food still on the floor and plenty of dirt like the vacuum wasn't working properly and left this behind. No biggie, just 1 night I keep telling myself.

I had 2 double beds, smallish bathroom, large second room with workspace, table with 4 chairs, L Shaped couch and mini bar. Like I said, has great potential.

I went up to see what the lounge had to offer and my key didn't work so downstairs I went to have it reprogrammed. Back up I go, in the lounge I was greeted by a nice woman working the shift. Plenty of nice finger foods and bevs to be had.

Gym was decent, small for a hotel of this size and class, pool was also nice but the construction was a bit of an eye sore. The trash outside the back window from the gym was a turn off as well, they had all the old furniture and paint cans from the previous property all over the place.

All in all, a work in progress, putting a coat of paint on a wall isn't the way to create a top notch hotel of the caliber one might expect from Le Meridien. Fine tune the details and you may have a contender here but not at the moment, sorry Starwood.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear 2worldtravelersnj,

Thank you for taking the time to write a complete review on your stay. I am sorry to learn of the issues you encountered, definitely now the norm for us but valuable feedback nonetheless and easily remedied.

I am extremely happy to report that the renovations are almost complete so in just a few weeks, there will be no more construction trucks or any signs of renovation construction. Also, our new restaurant, Portico, will be opening in the coming weeks so please come back and revisit the hotel, I am sure your experience will be better.

Once again, thank you!

Peter J. Dunn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Service was really good at check in. We were offered late check out without requesting it.

The room was large and very nice. All the furnishings were new. There is an in room safe and a mini bar. The work desk is bar height. It did not feel like it would be comfortable to use for a long period of time. We did not use the pool or bar. We could see the corner of the pool out of the window. It looked like there were a couple of cabanas set up. Not sure if there is a charge.

The parking lots were very dark and crowded. The parking was complimentary, but I think that will change once all the work on the hotel is done. The elevators were slow. We waited 3 or 4 minutes on an elevator. When one finally stopped, it was full. Rather than continuing to wait we walked down from the 8th floor with our luggage. This was on a Saturday morning at 9 am, maybe there was a rush.......

Overall, the minor difficulties are probably more than worth it to have a room that is new and clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear roadonemoretime
Thank you your review.

The feedback so far on the height of work desk in the room is fantastic, mostly due to the great desk chair. There is no charge for the cabanas – they are available complimentary on a first come, first serve basis. Regarding the elevator, we did experience a malfunction late last week with one of our elevators resulting in the delayed service you referred to. My apologies for the additional unplanned exercise.

We hope you will come back and visit us again.

Thank you again!

Augsburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Was there with my partner this week while he has done business meetings I relaxed by the fantastic pool! From arrival to departure everything was the way it should be! The food I tried was excellent as well! The lounge offers amazing treats and even Fiji, Perrier Water and so on instead of the cheap stuff you get in other lounges!
I would say its the best Hotelexperience in Atlanta so far, better then the Ritz Carlton downtown!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear KingMarcus,

Awesome review….thank you!
Our new restaurant, Portico, will be opening in early July so come please come back and visit again!
On the road again
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel got a lot better. The furnishings and interiors were upgraded so it looks and smells new though it is in the same old W hotel building. I don't understand why WIFI still works sporadically exactly the same issue as when it was a W.

I am lifetime Platinum and this is way better but the St Regis Buckhead still has this one beat.
However if you are not on a St Regis level expense account you will like it here.

Dear DoctorVonCueBall,
Thank you for the kind review. We have addressed your Wi-Fi concerns with our provider. Our equipment is all new and our Mbps for both downloads and downloads is well above the norm so there should be no reason for spotty service.
Thank you again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Hotel used to be the W which was very nice. I never realized that they converted it to another Starwood property.

Location is perfect; shopping, dining, and work all totally convenient. There is even a Super Target around the corner.

Rooms are very sleek and appear to be recently updated. The size of the room is what caught me by surprise. Much more spacious than the typical room.

I will be staying here again! Goodbye Hampton inn, Hyatt place and all the other marginal perimeter hotels!!

• Stayed June 2013
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Laurawi,

Thank you reviewing Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. We love the fact that you are leaving the competition to come to us!

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Outside Atlanta location perfect for people doing business in the north part of the city. This hotel was recently renovated and has a warm minimalist furniture including a huge lobby area with books. The location is very nice also because they are in front of Perimeter mall and a lot of very good restaurants. I cant describe the excellent service i received there. The rooms are nice. I used the fitness center many times and every thing works. They have a van service that can take you for free to any place located at max 2-3 miles round.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Robertocjp,

Thank you for the wonderful compliment on the excellent service you received. It is always a pleasure to read positive and it serves as a great motivator to the team.

Winter Haven, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I recently stayed here as part of a business meeting. The hotel is undergoing some exterior and interior renovations but that did not interfere in my stay. I spoke with the staff and the changes will make this hotel even better. The hotel lobby area is huge. It has a very spacious bar and restaurant area in the lobby. (They are expanding the restaurant with the renovations.) The staff was very professional, helpful and friendly. My room was equally as large. It had a large HD TV with real digital channels. The bed was very soft and great for sleeping. I was very impressed with the quality of this hotel. It has also a superb location - right across from the mall and many shops and restaurants. I loved the area. It is also near the MARTA station. The hotel will pick you up or take you there to get right to the airport so you could consider no rental car. I would return to this outstanding hotel. It is a great value.

Room Tip: There are many special areas on this property. Check them out.