Originally slated for a 2 night stay while in the area for work. I cut it short because to be honest the place need to fine tune itself as well finish the construction before I would stay here again.
I noticed from the moment I pulled in the construction still going on around the property, which is understandable there is work to be done.
Check in was fairly smooth but when I got up to the room which was an upgraded room, I was literally behind the elevator shaft. My profile specifies away from elevator and I know from experience not a good call to be so close to the elevator. I also noticed a strong smell of fresh paint, thinking right away that this would b nauseating over time.
I asked for a new room, they were happy to help and moved me to a lower floor, same room type but again, fresh paint. I called down asked if I could cut the stay short and was accommodated without an issue. So make the best of a single night for now, I unpacked and noticed the crumbs of food still on the floor and plenty of dirt like the vacuum wasn't working properly and left this behind. No biggie, just 1 night I keep telling myself.
I had 2 double beds, smallish bathroom, large second room with workspace, table with 4 chairs, L Shaped couch and mini bar. Like I said, has great potential.
I went up to see what the lounge had to offer and my key didn't work so downstairs I went to have it reprogrammed. Back up I go, in the lounge I was greeted by a nice woman working the shift. Plenty of nice finger foods and bevs to be had.
Gym was decent, small for a hotel of this size and class, pool was also nice but the construction was a bit of an eye sore. The trash outside the back window from the gym was a turn off as well, they had all the old furniture and paint cans from the previous property all over the place.
All in all, a work in progress, putting a coat of paint on a wall isn't the way to create a top notch hotel of the caliber one might expect from Le Meridien. Fine tune the details and you may have a contender here but not at the moment, sorry Starwood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Connected Getaway: Adjacent to Perimeter Mall, Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter is set in the heart of Dunwoody, minutes from downtown Atlanta via car or MARTA. The surrounding area is a contemporary juxtaposition of business, shopping, dining, sports, and entertainment. Modern Indulgences: The spacious, well-lit foyer exemplifies the stylish clean lines throughout the hotel. The gym and pool help guests unwind, world-class cuisine is served at our inviting restaurant, and our event space accommodates transformative experiences. Individual Comforts: Our 275 oversized guest rooms and suites feature bold blue and white decor with natural wood accents. All offer wireless High Speed Internet Access to keep you connected to home and the office, and some have two king-size beds for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlanta Perimeter Hotel And Suites
- Atlanta Perimeter Hotel Dunwoody
- w Atlanta Perimeter
- w Hotels Atlanta