“It's so Chic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter

You added Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter to your Saves list
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Perimeter Center West, Dunwoody, GA 30346 (Formerly W Atlanta - Perimeter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dunwoody
La Habra, California
“It's so Chic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Like others mentioned, I hate to say I love it. I fear it will be too sought after. The SPG beds are out of this world, I even miss them when I go home. The towels are soft; other hotels' are so stiff it feels like the top layer of skin is scraped off when you dry yourself! The first time I stayed, I was jealous of my friend who got a nice sectional and tall desk in his room. My second time, I got a suite with dining room and separate bedroom, so now I am spoiled. I love this hotel. I don't really care about the food, I prefer to go out to eat anyway. Also, I am looking forward to the pool opening! The shuttle driver and the front desk staff are so friendly too! I will be back!

• Stayed June 2013
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear apple-tron,

Thank you for your great review. I hope we can change your mind about our food, the new restaurant opens in July and the food will be fabulous!

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Peter J. Dunn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Auburn, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This property was the first W in Atlanta (and one of the first W's anywhere) but was let go from the W brand back in 2011. The Atlanta Perimeter Hotel was the debacle that followed. Thankfully, Starwood got their act together and renovated and rebranded this hotel (in a great location in Dunwoody) to LeMeridien. I've stayed twice in the last month and have been very impressed, and the renovations aren't fully complete yet.
The rooms are great. Larger than most, great desk area, comfortable couch (I stayed in a standard king room), comfortable bed & A/C system. Gone are the showers without a door from the W days...tub/shower combo now but water pressure was great...bathroom amenities very nice also. Illy coffee a nice touch and mini bar available also. Only downside with the room was lighting. There just isn't enough.
As an SPG gold member I got upgraded to a high floor room with additional space on my first visit...didn't get an upgrade the second time, but I think the front desk worker was brand new. Staff was very friendly though.
All in all, Dunwoody has been lacking a good hotel since the W was there. Le Meridien could be a great hotel and I look forward to staying again once the renovation is complete.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear sbtau,

Thank you for the great review. I am glad to learn that you are a repeat guest. You are correct in that this was one of the first W Hotels. Actually, it was the second after New York. We are just weeks away from completing our renovations which will be highlighted by the opening of our new restaurant, Portico Global Cuisine. We are planning on an early July opening. Please come back again!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I am a fan of the SPG group and was delighted that I could stay at the Le Meridien. The hotel is contemporary and the staff are very sweet, friendly and attentive. My room was spacious and comfortable. Wifi worked well and it was good to have coffee on tap.

The color / furniture scheme is a bit odd ... in parts modern, in parts new age, in parts old wood, in parts spartan. Not sure why. And the restaurant isn't finished yet, so you have to order in.

Dear nsnandra,

Thank you r review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. A quick correction on the status of our food and beverage operation – our new restaurant is scheduled to open in early July but in the meantime, food service is available in The Hub for all three meals periods. Of course, in room dining is always an option.

Please come back again!

Mill Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I ran a meeting at this hotel with over 30 participants. All were happy with the location, meetin room, food and service. A number of us also stayed overnight for a couple of nights and we were all delighted with our rooms. The staff are very attentive. I highly recommend.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Judith94941,

Thank you for the review and recommendation. We pride ourselves on our service delivery so I am pleased to learn that your meeting was a success. We hope to welcome you and your associates back!

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I travel often and I hate to share this hotel because this is my new mainstay. This hotel is glorious!! I fear telling anyone just becasue i dont want it to change. This is not your typical Starwoods property. It is wonderful. The rates, the rooms the atmosphere and the staff....all superb!! Sonia at check in was kind, friendly, funny and just plain warm. The upgrades are a wonderful perk to a long day. I wanted to stay for 3-4 days....that is how comfortable the room was. If your searching for a hotel in ATL, try this. I promise you wont be sorry. It is near, Ross, TJMAXX, Target, Restoration and a variety of eateries. It is not downtown ATL but if you want to not have to worry about parking your car and it getting broken into, this is the perfect place. It takes about 12-15 min to get to it from downtown ATL in low traffic. Easy to find. The pool was not open yet, but under construction. The weight room was immaculate and so were the rooms. Hallways were wide and quiet and the downstairs area was beautiful. Cant say enough about this place. I was impressed. Thanks for a great stay Le Meridien....much appreciated.

Room Tip: All rooms were large. The King King suite looks just like the pics on the website. There was no nois...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jezabel1214,

Thank you for the great review. It is always wonderful to know that we have impressed our guests . Come back and visit us again!

Hemet, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed at Le Meridien 5/23/13, we had a king/king suite, it was very spacious and tastefully decorated. The beds and pillows were uber comfy....complimentary bottled water in the room, the staff was very welcoming and helpful. My only comments are in regards to disposable coffee cups by the upscale coffee maker and disposable water cups? You would think a hotel of this caliber would invest in mugs and glasses. I also think they could "upscale" the bathroom also, we go to vegas frequently and this hotel could almost compete with Wynn/Encore or the suites at The Hotel ... IF...they upgraded the bathrooms and drinking glasses/mugs. Other than that, I had no complaints whatsoever!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Califdesire,

Thank you for the positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next trip to Atlanta.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I travel a lot around the US for business. I am pretty loyal to Starwood but I like to stay at boutique hotels whenever possible as well. I was coming to Atlanta just for a night and was probably going to arrive late. I called the hotel and they assured me no problem. I arrived around 10:00 PM, earlier than I had planned. The only downside of the hotel is the parking lot is a little dark and not well marked. Staff was awesome, some of the most friendly I have ever encountered. Front desk, great, room service, great, maid service, so polite and nice just saying hello in the halls. I had a late night snack and the food was very very good as was my breakfast. Workout facility was above average. Hotel has been renovated top to bottom and it shows. The lobby area is beautiful. As for the room one of the best I have ever had. Clean, spacious, well appointed. Bed was great and a great lounge chair and desk. Got plenty of work done before my late checkout. A must stay in Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear orlickg,

Thank you for the great review. I appreciate the kind remarks on both the hotel and the staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back!!

Peter J. Dunn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunwoody
Perimeter Center
The Westin Atlanta Perimeter North

Been to Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter? Share your experiences!