“Great hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter to your Saves list
Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 Perimeter Center West, Dunwoody, GA 30346 (Formerly W Atlanta - Perimeter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dunwoody
New Jersey
“Great hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My family and I were there over Spring Break. It's about a 20 minute drive from downtown Atlanta (with no traffic and a 50 cents toll road going into the city). Since we've never stayed at a Le Meridien before, we thought we would give it a try and we're glad we did. We're SPG members and got a suite - a bedroom with two king beds, a nice size living room and a dining room table. Very nice to be able to spread out after a full day visiting all of Atlanta's great attractions. Francis at check-in was very helpful.

We used the Club Lounge for breakfasts and snacks. The woman there (I forgot to get her name) is wonderful.

A great place to stay with plenty of places to eat/shop nearby!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear DC4NJ

Thank you for the great review. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed the spacious suite!

Come back again!!

Peter J. Dunn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have stayed at this property no fewer than ten times in its previous incarnations. I recently completed a one night stay under its new flag, Le Meridien.

Wow, what a difference. The hotel has been completely remodeled top to bottom. (NOTE: As of this writing, it is still under construction, but that did not affect my stay in any way)

Everything about this stay was top notch; from check-in to check-out and everything in between was fantastic. I was upgraded to a very large suite (I am a Starwood Platinum member) and was very impressed with the furnishings, the décor and the size of the room. This hotel used to have balconies on the rooms. Since the renovation, the balconies have been removed and replaced with an additional 24 square feet or so of living space in the rooms, which really makes a huge difference in perceived size of the rooms.

My suite was located on the club level, which, with my Starwood Platinum status, granted me access to a spacious and well stocked Club Lounge with 24-hour hot coffee, snacks and even bottled Perrier water - a welcome addition to my stay.

The room are each equipped with a mini bar and a complimentary illy espresso maker and four espresso pods, which I promptly plowed through upon arrival - a nice touch.

All in all, a fantastic stay - I will be returning in short order.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Geoffrey E,
Thank you for the great review!
We love our new hotel and to your point, the rooms and suites have a lot of extra space since we enclosed the balconies.
Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Peter J Dunn
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Just stayed at the Le Merdien in the ATL Perimeter for work. I stayed at the hotel a year ago - what a difference a year makes. I was given a HUGE suite with full living room, work area, and dining room table, aside from the bedroom. The room was very comfortable. All the staff were very kind and helpful. Its in a good location if you need to be in that area of Atlanta. They were putting some finishing touches on the gym but it was decent size and had new equipment. I'll definitely be back.

The Club on the top floor was nice too -- and the individuals working, both morning and night, were incredibly friendly - like very authentically, nice people.

Room Tip: Get a suite!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Andrew_and_Kate

Thank you for the great review! The difference from one year to the next is truly remarkable. Please come back and visit us again.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I am staying for three nights on business. The hotel just opened 3 weeks ago, and there is still on going construction. I have not been at the hotel during the day, but apparently the construction is going on between 8AM and 8PM for another few weeks before completion. The rooms on the upper floors are done, and are very large suites, with modern furnishing. There are large bedroom areas and large living areas with 55" Samsung LED TV's. I have not stayed at a LeMeridien (Part of the Starwood Collection of Brands), but like the clean, contemporary furnishings in the room and the overall look of the hotel. It feels similar to a W Hotel which this property used to be years ago before being completely renovated. The beds are comfortable, room was quiet at nigh, bathroom nice size. I come to Atlanta twice a month, and I see myself staying here again in the future.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Waitingforvacation,

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed the hotel and particularily pleased that you will be coming back!

Brooklawn, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

When I saw that a Le Meridien was available for a very reasonable rate (with Starwood points and cash option), I had to jump on the opportunity. I've always wanted to stay at a Le Meridien, but shied away from the price.

We stayed in a two king bed suite. And what a suite! Spacious, and comfortable. It was a fun experience, being in that big a living space. Plenty of room to spread out, plenty luxurious. The power situation was great in the bedroom - we've all been in those rooms where you can't find an outlet.

There were wrinkles, however. The coffee machine is quite the experience, and not recommended. The hotel is under renovation - there was some construction noise, the temporary entrance is bit awkward with suitcases, and the parking lot is tight and unfinished.

Most distressing of all was the fact that we came back one night, and our room door was actually open. That's not good. Not at all. We were a bit concerned, and alerted the front desk immediately. Luckily, nothing was disturbed, and the staff were quite apologetic. I am a bit concerned about the inherent sloppiness, and I'm sure the staff is as well.

All said, I'd stay at the Le Meridien again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear KJE1776

Thank you for your review and your great description of the suite.

Le Meridien partners with Illy Coffee, worldwide. The coffee machines in our rooms are certainly not the typical hotel coffee machines. They are, in fact, espresso machines but will also make a regular cup of coffee. While we do provide an instruction card on the use of the machine, its uniqueness does cause some a little confusion on its first use.

The temporary entrance is thankfully a short term disruption. By the end of the month, we should have our new entrance completed. Lastly, with regarding the parking lot, it will be the last area to be renovated once the renovations to the building are completed. At that time, we will resurface and re-stripe the entire parking lot.

I apologize about your room door being left open and very pleased to learn nothing was disturbed. I have followed up with my housekeeping team to make sure they close all door completely as they complete their cleaning of the rooms.

Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great new hotel in Atlanta's Dunwoody area. Very modern and chique, high level of service and the rooms are just great. Finally a hotel that has power outlets next to the bed! if you are in the area this is a top notch hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Peter D, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Sbroumand_Nomad,

Thank you for the brief yet great review on the new Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. I couldn’t have summed it up better myself!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for the last 3 weeks. Despite the continuing construction I continue to enjoy the hotel
Staff-very friendly and helpful. The front-desk is efficient, yet likely require some addiitonal training to understand the platinum reward options when checking in. The club lounge staff is exceptionally friendly and eager to help. Everyone who works there always takes the time to recognize me as a guest.
Room-I stayed in the hotel the first full week it opened, in a king suite - massive in size and awesome TV and bed. Modern decor, yet comfortable enough. Can't beat the 50 inch TV. Bathroom is decent - nothing unique
In room service-pull out the wallet- yet the food I ordered was much better than I expected or hoped- just plan on spending money
Club lounge - very nice and roomy - decent breakfast items. A bit light on the evening service. Would be great to have desserts.
Exercise room - pretty room - 3 treadmills, 2-3 elipticals, 3 bikes (of sorts), weights. Nice facility and love the large window. Wouldn't mind better TV service on the machines though. Good news, is the room is not a closet like most hotels.
Personal touch-on my second week i had a letter, 2 bottles of Fiji water and 4 chocolates - very nice touch
External-love the hotel external - however, the parking lot is in pretty bad shape and disorganized. I suspect that will change once the construction wraps.
Overall-great location (by the mall and restaraunts). Will certainly come here for weeks on end.

Room Tip: Get a suite - nice and big!
Dear PM Scotland,

Thank you for your review of the new Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter. I am extremely pleased of your intent to come back again!

You are correct in your assessment of our rooms and suites. When we removed the balconies during the renovation and enclosed that space as part of the room, we added nearly 50 sq. ft. per room, 100 sq. ft. per suite. Our typical room measures over 420 sq. ft. and our suites range between 775 sq. ft. and 850 sq. ft. – certainly the largest in the Perimeter market. A small correction to note, the flat screen LED Samsung televisions are 46” in the rooms and bedrooms of the suites and 55” in the suite living rooms, in all suites!

Once again, thank you sharing your feedback and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter.

Peter J. Dunn

Been to Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter? Share your experiences!