“Jewel in Dunwoody” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 52 Restaurants in Dunwoody
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Your Neighborhood Restaurant serving Steak and Seafood ...and so much more... Dine In or Call ahead for Take Out . We also cater. Looking forward to meeting and serving you.
Cashiers, North Carolina
“Jewel in Dunwoody”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Food is great and the space is so warm and well done with a big bar and lots of tables and booths. Menu is varied but lots of choices and specials. Brunch was great with the Steak and Eggs the best I have eaten. This was my first time eating at Alison's. Alison greeted us and you can tell after two years in this space, she has a great following. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2012

Marietta
“Was hoping for better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I love to support local businesses so we tried Alison's restaurant. Overall it didn't feel really clean, nothing obvious, that's just how I felt. The server was not great, had to ask about the specials and then she didn't describe them well at all, or give prices which really irritates me. Food was ok all around, except for the chocolate mousse cake - wonderful.
Alison came by to say hello which was nice, just hope they step it up a little with the food and welcoming feeling by everyone, not just the owner. Was Saturday night at 7 and only about 7 tables so they need to pick it up!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I had half of my husband's steak quesadilla and half of my shrimp quesadilla. Both were very good, though I enjoyed the steak the most. The Mango Cheesecake -WOW! ... words cannot do it justice.
Very good food at reasonable prices, right in Dunwoody Village. I appreciate the clean facilities and would most definitely eat here again if I am in the area.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
HOOVER
“Nice, Quiet restaurant with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

It was a cold night and we were visiting the area from out of town. Not wanting to eat at a chain that we had at home, we consulted apps on our phones and found this restaurant. We ate very early as we had had a long day so it wasn't very crowded for dinner (it was 5pm). The food portions were very large, very good, and perfect to warm us up. I had the lobster ravioli and my husband had a burger and we finished it all. The service was very friendly and they had a wide selection of foods, wine and beer.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Always a relaxing, delicious pleasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

We have been to Alison's many times, and it has been consistently wonderful. Last night we went for a leisurely meal with our 11 year old son and his friend. We were warmly greeted, got a table with no wait for patio seating, and the food was delicious. Casual, inviting atmosphere and sitting outside was just lovely. My husband had the crab cakes which he thoroughly enjoyed. I had the entree version of "Alison's Salad" with scallops. Greens were fresh, scallops seared to perfection and the dressing was divine and just the right amount. My son had a "Mac and Cheese Burger" which put him on cloud nine. He also had a side of broccoli to get some green stuff in him, with a healthy portion of fries just to balance things out. His friend who joined us has some food allergies so the staff took special care in talking with us and insuring that all his food was in accordance to his needs. Alison, our gracious hostess, stopped by to chat for a moment and to make sure everything was right. All in all a relaxed, perfect evening out.

• Visited September 2011