“One of my faves” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Alexander's Atlanta Dunwoody is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 52 Restaurants in Dunwoody
Cross street: Meadow Lane
atlanta
“One of my faves”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've eaten here many times but never gave any feedback. You will not be disappointed. Love the open kitchen atmosphere. This location is a former Houston's restaurant. Love the chicken fingers and macncheese. Large portion of food.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

illinois
“Greatly improved!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My family and I had a very tasty, well prepare and well presented dinner at J. Alexander's Atlanta-Dunwoody on Oct. 31st, 2012. The grilled salmon atop Alex's Salad was delicious, the rather new addition to the menu - taco platter- was just as flavorful. The grands enjoyed Mac 'n Cheese/steamed broccoli. Robert (who took our order) is personality plus and Michael, our server, was spot on. This was a great dinner in a casual upscale restaurant. Even the music was perfect! Of course, we'll be back!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Bar Service Saturday 10/27/12”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The server this evening spent most time talking to people at the end of the bar and only pored the drink order after I had ordered from the other server. I was charged for premium wine but ordered house. I asked for a check after dinner and she pointed to a glass and said its in there. This server always spends time ignoring customers as has been my experience in the past. She is too busy talking as well as arrogant. The food is expensive and deserves professional service. This is not an unusual experience with this server. She was a bar back in the past and is suited for that or needs further training as to customer relations and priorities. We will continue eating at JAlexanders when this server is not on duty even though prices are equal to more professional establishments.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Steak Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

While getting acquainted to Atlanta I thought I 'd try this place. I had the ribeye, mashed potatoes and a Cesar salad. Though I ordered to go food the restaurants requires you place orders at the bar only and does not take orders by phone. I'm glad they do that. It seems like a great ploy or business strategy to get you to see the ambiance and order drinks while you wait. The bar tender was super nice and talked me into a glass of wine while I waited. I have to back with friends to dine in soon.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Great business lunch spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is my favorite location to have a business lunch. The menu is great with a wide selection. The hostess always pays attention to the color of your pants and brings a dark cloth napkin if you're wearing a darker color so you don't walk out of there with white spots all over your pants. They are very accommodating with special requests as well. The wait staff works as a team and you can be certain that your drink will be refilled before it is empty. The seating is also great since you can have a business meeting without feeling like others are right on top of you. Great place overall!

Visited July 2012