“Decent accommodations for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Gwinnett Place to your Saves list
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Duluth
North Augusta, SC
“Decent accommodations for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stay in the area often for business reasons and have found that the Comfort Suites offers comfortable accommodations for the price. Although the rooms are dated, they are clean, and the bed is firm. I had no problem with the wifi. Breakfast could be a little more substantial. Hotel seems very busy, but my room was quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I picked Comfort Suites to make our Youth Groups reservation at because we always enjoy the value and size of their rooms! Well make note that all Comfort Suites are not the same!!! When we arrived with our group of 45 adults and teens we checked in and received our keys for 12 rooms! All seemed well until we got to the 2nd floor and smelled a horribly nasty smell! Well we overlooked that only to be continually disappointed! The rooms we booked slept 6 with 2 queen beds and sleeper sofa as I was told by Greg Hughes the front desk manager, but we had no sheets or any bedding for the sleeper sofas. I went down to the front desk and ask Michelle for sheets and she replied that they did not have any! So the 1st night some literally slept on dirty couches with NO sheets! When we awoke the next morning we started realizing that we only had 2 towels per room!!! So out of immediate need some shared! When we went to head out for our conference I stopped by the front desk and spoke with Greg and told him to please make sure we have sheets for each sofa bed and adequate towels for the next morning. He said he would be sure we did. We didn't arrive back to the hotel till around 10pm that night and when we did none of my request had been taken care of! No sheets and now some of the rooms had NO towels, some had their wet, dirty, used towels folded and put back on towel rack as though they were clean!!! For 45 people we had 18 towels!!! I went again to the front desk and spoke with Michelle who said there was "nothing she could do about it!" So once again the next morning we all shared towels! Gross huh??? As soon as we checked out I sent a complaint to Greg and ask for a refund! He put me off for a week and finally said my General Manager David Smith is going to conference call you at 2:00pm today, which was Wednesday, July 10th! Well that never happened so I called back and was basically told by Greg that he didn't know why Mr. Smith was not calling me back! I did forget to mention earlier that I did make an official complaint with Choice Hotels Corporate office, but because it was a group reservation it had to be handled by the hotel!!! So they were no help at all! To make matters even worse when we received our Credit Card statement they charge us for 14 rooms instead of 12!!! I have given the hotel ample time to resolve the complaint, but they refuse! So I am proceeding by letting everyone know this is the WORST hotel experience I have ever had! Now I will be disputing the charges through our churches credit card company!

• Stayed June 2013
Savannah, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Good location if attending something at the Gwinette Center Arena. Other than that it's really a poor choice. It's not clean, service was poor and property not well maintained. If I had not been with a group I would have certainly changed hotels.

• Stayed June 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Came here for a basketball tournament. The rooms are definitely outdated. The shower curtain rod was falling down, which caused the shower curtain not to stay closed. The tile around the baseboard n the bathroom was missing in spots. The carpet was horribly dirty and disgusting! The ladies bathroom next to the gym had feces around the inside bowl like it hadn't been cleaned in days. There was no paper towels or hand soap in that bathroom either. Then the breakfast was mediocre! I will try to upload pictures so you can see for yourself! I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worse enemy!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Lakeland, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Every hotel chain is in this area so you do have choices. Mine was for price , then location. Business center was closed at the time and carpet being replaced by what looked like water damage. You hear noise in hallways as expected but relatively quiet later in evening. Also most restaurants are nearby and its next to I-85.

• Stayed April 2013
Angier, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed March 31-April 4,2013..First of all we booked this hotel so my daughter could go swimming at the indoor pool...It was broken and they kept telling us it would be fixed the next day..it was finally fixed Wed. night. The first and second day while walking to room all you could smell was pot. Two nights that we came home there were cop's everywhere. The back entrance to the hotel was not secure, the door was to remain locked and it was always open. The fire alarm in our room started chirping and the front desk told us it wouldnt be util the next day before it was fixed. Everytime they cleaned our room we were only left one bath towel, no handtowels or washrags, just one bath towel for 3 people. As for free Wifi thats only if you are in the main entrance/lobby to hotel..as for the rooms good luck the signal is so low you can't get on...as for the television channels your lucky if you get 9-10 channels most of which are news, sports. Spoke with other guests and they said they would never return. The front desk asked us to stay another night and told them no way..they didn't respond to any of our complaints and only made excuses...

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel...don't stay here.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
dav4080, Manager at Comfort Suites Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
After talking with guest about his complaints, I pulled the house keeping report along with the front desk log and showed him all towels and wash cothes were in his room, the pool was converted over to salt from clorine and the outside pool company was still working on it, and knowone in the hotel listed any complaints about the wifi as we have 24/7 it services and tent cards are in all rooms. During there 3 day stay not one of these complaints were reported as I brought this to his attention. The police were their only because front desk personel called them due to group staying were being loud. The guest only responed it was not his place to report the problems or call the 24/7 IT. Guest was given an refund even though his complaints did not add up as it was shown to him including the Front Desk Manager and Housekeeping Supervisor and Maint. was present at this meeting with them. They were complaints from employees from this guest during his stay.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Could use a bit of upgrades, but the hotel was very clean, the staff very attentive and considerate, and all at a very affordable price. I was very happy with my stay and would likely stay again. My expectations were met and in some instances exceeded. I have stayed here before and enjoyed the stay better than the last. No complaints.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you and we look forward to your next visit, mention this response and you will recieve 10% off your next visit. Thank you for staying with us.

Been to Comfort Suites Gwinnett Place? Share your experiences!