“Very happy with my stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Gwinnett Place

You added Comfort Suites Gwinnett Place to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Gwinnett Place
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3700 Shackleford Road, I-85 N & Pleasant Hill Rd., Duluth, GA 30096   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Duluth
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very happy with my stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have heard Comfort Suites left a little to be desired, but I was very happy with my stay. The rooms were very clean, the service was excellent, and the pool was nice as well. It's important to keep in mind the cost of the hotel versus the quality. No need to expect Ritz features, but did receive A+ service and enjoyable and clean experience. One of the best hotel values in this area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Macon, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is a clean hotel with adequate amenities for a $55 stay. Pool was ok, not great. Not much of a gym. Room was clean and quiet. Beds were fine. Not the Ritz, but a fine place to get decent hotel for a night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Asheville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

In most places I would have expected to pay twice as much for this kind of hotel experience. For the incredibly low price I was charged here, I was astonished. The rooms were spacious and clean. The receptionist was pleasant and helpful. The best part was how surprisingly quiet it was. Our room was very close to the lobby and standing in the hall in front of our door I could hear the television in the lobby blaring quite loudly. Once inside our room I would never have known it was there. We didn’t need air conditioning or heat so we had no masking white noise, but we didn’t need it. We heard nothing from the lobby or any other rooms, not even plumbing sounds as one so often does. There was hardly any road noise. We did occasionally hear doors closing along the hall but this was infrequent enough not to disturb us.

For those who may be more meticulous than I am, there were a few slight signs of shabbiness. For instance, the window screen was bent such that it didn’t make a close seal and looked like it might fall off. Personally, I was pleased that the window actually opened. I did notice a strong smell of cleaners when we first checked in but that passed fairly quickly so I assumed the room had been cleaned immediately before we got there and just needed a little time for the smell to fade.

For what might have seemed a more standard price I would have considered this a totally adequate, average hotel that I would be perfectly willing to stay in again. At the price we paid, it was a fantastic find.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Carrboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I chose this hotel because I thought it would be a good place for me as a person with allergies. The hotel is supposed to be all non-smoking, and I requested (over a week in advance) that there be no air freshener or feather pillows in my room. When I arrived at the hotel, it was apparent that no one had done anything about my special requests. The clerk had just come on duty, and she had just now read my requests. This clerk was doing her best, but special requests for allergies have to be a team effort, started when the room is cleaned in the morning, and by the time I arrived at 10pm it was too late. My room smelled like air or carpet freshener, and there were feather pillows on my bed. The clerk told me that there were no non-feather pillows available in the hotel. She offered to take them off of the bed for me, but could not remove them from the room, due to hotel rules. So I had her put them in the closet. I tried explained that the feather pillows on the bed had been shedding feather fragments into the bed all day, but I doubt that she got that.

There was a smell of tobacco smoke in the hall outside the fitness room and laundry area. So much for a smoke-free environment.

One of the reasons I use Comfoft Inn and Comfort Suites hotels is because there has always been a luggage cart available for loading and unloading my work and fitness materials--until now! I saw no cart by the front door, and when I asked the clerk, she told me that one of the carts was broken, and she was unable to find the other cart--she presumed that another guest had taken it into his/her room. I waited around but a cart did not materialize. She offered to help me bring my things in and I took her up on this. The cart was not available when I was checking out the next morning.

I was in room 120. The room seemed clean. Both sink and tub drain needed work. The breakfast was good. The price was relatively low, but you get what you pay for here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Wonderful Staff and a clean big room. What else can you ask for. I was satisfied with my stay at this property and will stay here again the next time I am working in the Atlanta area. Lots of restaurants close by and the price of the hotel is very good in my opinion.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Fairview, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

American Academy for Forensic Science (AAFS) met in Atlanta this week. On Tuesday, Feb. 21, they allowed 60 students access to an orientation with numerous experts in forensics, all aimed at "solving a murder, if it was indeed a murder."

My granddaughter is homeschooled, but we managed to nail a spot among the 60. Who wants to spend upward of $90 to $100 a night to just sleep? So we opted to stay about 20 miles out (Duluth) along our route (I-85) and take our chances on lucking in to a good, clean, reasonable hotel. My usual choice is Comfort Inn and Suites or Holiday Inn Express, both of which were at the same exit (along with the more expensive fare).

Phillip was most accommodating desk clerk ever. Forget AAA. Forget other discounts. How would you like a 2-queen non-smoking for less than any advertised prices you have seen on the net? Well, duh! For a little over half others wanted, we got a divided room with couch, desk, two queens, safe, microwave and fridge. At least matched the cleanest rooms and the quietist rooms we've ever stayed in. Absolutely NO complaints!

Room Tip: All rooms perpendicular to the highway and well buffered. Guess just stay on the south side (opposit...