“Short stay...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta/Duluth/Gwinnett County

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta/Duluth/Gwinnett County to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta/Duluth/Gwinnett County
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Duluth
Tennessee
“Short stay...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed here for a short amount of time, however the lobby was very inviting with a warm fireplace and friendly night staff.

Bed could have used some bigger pillows, but overall experience with the room/hotel was nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while visiting family. The rooms were comfortable and clean and the bathroom was nice (if you are like me a clean bathroom is VERY important) and it was quiet. The beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly. I always request upper level, not near elevator or ice machine (noisy) and all of my requests were met. The check-in staff even mentioned my requests and said they had all been met. NIce.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ridgeland, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We are just leaving this property and can't say enough nice things about this mid-level hotel. All the basics and necessities. Great price made online. Very clean and plenty of towels (rare for most hotels). The standard in room coffee, bathroom amenities, cable TV. The bed was really comfortable. No in-room safe though. Basic breakfast. Will definitely stay here again. There is a Bahama Breeze around the corner and just 10 mins. to the Gwinnett Center.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was on a business trip to Norcross, Georgia and this was the hotel reserved by my employer. The lobby was clean and nicely decorated. The room was clean and was promptly attended to each day. The bed was comfortable and had about six pillows on each bed, so, you had a good variety to pick the one you liked. It was typically furnished for a hotel with a small refrigerator and microwave. The continental breakfast was average and pretty much what you would expect for a hotel breakfast. They did have a small store in the hotel that you could purchase various sundries and travel aides that was a nice addition. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. I did have a slight injury one evening and the on site store didn't sell what I needed. The attendant at the front desk actually got out their first aid kit and gave me something out of their kit. Great place to stay while travelling.

Southeast USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Exceptionally nice Hampton Inn, very safe area and easy access to interstate. Rooms were very clean and staff pleasant. My disappointment was with several people at the front desk....and with hotels.com. One or the other was giving me the run around and as time goes on it appears that both were. On arrival my reservation did not match up to my confirmation. After discovering the error I made a request at the front desk and was promised a roll-away for one of the rooms I reserved. I will spare you the details but say that in the last conversation which was with the general manager I was told that to compensate for the run-around I received, they would send a letter in the mail...a certificate for a one night stay that would be valid for one year from the date of my stay in mid September. I really appreciated the offer...however, the certificate has not been provided...It has been several weeks and no certificate in the mail. I got three different stories from 3 different people at the front desk. I am just saying....if you have a problem make sure that it is taken care of before you leave. I was told it would be handled and I didn't have to worry about checking out before things were resolved. Not so. I always choose Hampton Inns and have always had outstanding service...the service this time was very disappointing.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I just completed a stay at the Hampton Inn for business and the hotel included all of the usual Hampton amenities -- clean bedding, nice breakfast, and warm cookies at 5 PM. But what really set them apart was honesty. I had left my debit card in my room at checkout and did not realize it. The housekeeper returned to the front desk immediately. The manager, Trish then took the time to call my number of record to let me know that they had my card and had it ready for me when I returned to the hotel to retrieve it. In this day and age of scams, fraud and general disregard for others this was a wonderful surprise. Kudos to Trish and her staff for their wonderful service. I will definitely stay here again during my business in Duluth.

Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in Duluth, Georgia, which is about 20 miles north of downtown Atlanta. We chose this hotel because it is near where our son lives and we have had good luck staying at Hampton Inns in other cities. This was another good experience.

We checked in late -- about 11 p.m. -- and the night time clerk was friendly and courteous. We were into our room within 10 minutes of our arrival. We chose a suite, which has a small kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom. One of the things we liked was that the toilet and bathtub/shower were in a separate room from the sink and mirror. All rooms were clean when we arrived. Housekeeping did a nice job each day of our stay, and the staff was friendly throughout our stay.

The breakfast bar, included in the room rate, had cold and hot options, from cereals to breads/pastries to fruit to eggs/meat, along with milk, juice, coffee and tea. There was always plenty of food at the bar, even on Saturday when it seemed like half the kids in a weekend soccer tournament were staying at this Hampton Inn.

The hotel has easy access to I85, a major freeway running south-north through Atlanta. Parking is free.

Our daily rate averaged about $123 with tax over our 6 night stay. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here on our next trip to the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta/Duluth/Gwinnett County? Share your experiences!