“One star hotel, at best..” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3390 Venture Parkway, Duluth, GA 30096 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #19 of 23 hotels in Duluth
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“One star hotel, at best..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I stayed here due to the price, location, and the pictures the website had. The only positive thing I can say about my time here was it was centrally located to where I needed to be. Besides that, this place is a dump.

The sheets still had some sort of odd colored stains on them. The couch cushions also had a strange stain on them. The walls were dirty and there was no way I was using any of the kitchen items. I even felt dirty taking a shower here. Don't be fooled by the price if you are short on cash, this place is not worth the $35/night I got from priceline.

You will not feel safe from the moment you get in the parking lot. There were police here over and over again and it seemed like someone was always getting arrested. DO NOT bring your family here whatever you do.

I keep seeing the manager responding to posts stating how he is going to get house keeping to fix these issues, but they still have no been resolved.

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in!

Room Tip: Good room? None of them, run for the hills!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are going to ensure our housekeeping staff is taking extra care in cleaning of each and every room. We do want to provide guests with a feeling of knowing they are secure and safe so we do appreciate that our local police department does keep a active presence at all of the hotels and businesses in the area.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gwi@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Columbus, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This hotel was chosen for it's location to the events we had planned. We booked online and were disappointed upon arrival. The staff clerk refused to get off the phone to acknowledge that we were there. The elevators smelled like something rotting. The room stunk like mold and old smoke (we had a "non-smoking" room), the electrical outlet in bathroom did not work, the AC unit was falling apart, and the only help offered when we complained was to send up some Febreeze. The linen on the bed was so worn that the sheets and bed mat kept falling off in the middle of the night. It was clean, but very unpleasant. There was no coffee in the room (but a coffee pot was present) and none in the lobby either. When asked, the staff told us that there was a gas station up the road. Housekeeping never came (yes, was requested), but 2 hours before checkout, were banging on the door for us to hurry. I would not stay here again- even if it was free.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situations you described regarding your check-in process and the level of cleanliness in your room are truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have had meetings with the housekeeping staff and maintenance staff to advise them on different ways to better handle these issues to ensure your experience is not repeated. Also, I am coaching our entire staff on how to provide better customer service moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gwi@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Would highly recommended this hotel. The check in was super fast and efficient. The lady at the front desk was super nice and helpful. Didn't know exactly where the hotel was located but the lady from the front desk talked to me over the phone the whole time until I found it. Even offered to give me another room when I told her the tv wasn't working properly but with her help we figured out.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for posting such a glowing review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend our hotel to others. We do work hard to make sure check in is quick and easy and we pride ourselves in our helpful and friendly staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel makes a copy of your drivers licence at check in. The bathroom had bad smells from the lack of moping. The window was stuck a few inches open and the crack had to be stuffed with towels to try to cut down on some of the noise from the six lane hwy outside.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Notashe - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the bad smells in the bathroom and the window being stuck causing excessive noise in your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am meeting with housekeeping and maintenance to make sure extra care is taken in moping the bathroom and the stuck window is repaired.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gwi@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
West Point, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

In town for a job interview, I selected this place because I was tight on money. Traveling alone, safety was key for me. On arrival, I realized I left my driver's license at home, so I called to see if I could check in without it. The lady at the desk called the manager, and he said no. This made me feel good, even though I had to wait for my daughter to bring me my driver's license (I was only gone a few miles from home). Once there, the front desk lady was very nice. Upon entering the room, it was quiet and clean. (see pictures) I received a call from the front desk to make sure I was pleased with my room. The bed was cozy and I slept well. Being a light sleeper, if there had been noise I would have woke up. Easy to go breakfast choices that I was pleased with. I stayed a couple of weeks later at the Wingate right near by and it was more expensive and not as nice to me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Saundra - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry that we could not check you in to the hotel without a driver's license; however, I am glad that this made you feel safe overall. As well, it is great to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness and comfort of your room as well as our grab-and-go breakfast's offerings. We hope your job interview went well!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel looked nothing like the pictures. It had a moist mildew smell and the shower looked like it needed a good scrub with bleach. The pool area looked like something that would be in a run down rv park. I didnt even feel comfortable walking around the room with my shoes off. I didnt sleep under the cover because the room just felt gross to me.

• Stayed July 2013
selma,al
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Omg...where do I began. I made our reservation 2 weeks in advance. When we got to the hotel we were told that the room that we reserved wasn't available.so I asked the receptionist..so my reservation didn't mean anything then she told me...im not saying it doesn't mean anything but this is an extended stay and the customer has the right to extend there stay.my wife said lets just take the room that they do have I was upset but I took the room.....went to my room tried to use the bath room the toilet wouldn't flush even after 6 try's. I said forget it ill just take a shower I opened the shower and it was so nasty there wasn't anyway we where using it. I called down to the front desk and was put on hold. Then she told me the manager would call me to talk about the room ( not to fix what was the matter but to talk about it...smh) then my lets all get along wife said lets get the heck out of here. I went down got my money back and im never coming back.......this place is not the same. Under new management

Room Tip: Don't get room 310
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, July 30, 2013

The situation you described regarding the bathroom and shower not being usable is truly regrettable. I also apologize that we were unable to get the toilet and shower repaired in a timely manner or get you moved to another room. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you I have met with my housekeeping and maintenance staff along with my front desk staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

The staff and I appreciate your comments as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesistate to contact me at gwi@extendedstay.com. I do hope you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place? Share your experiences!