“Not like the pictures” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3390 Venture Parkway, Duluth, GA 30096 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Duluth
“Not like the pictures”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel looked nothing like the pictures. It had a moist mildew smell and the shower looked like it needed a good scrub with bleach. The pool area looked like something that would be in a run down rv park. I didnt even feel comfortable walking around the room with my shoes off. I didnt sleep under the cover because the room just felt gross to me.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
selma,al
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Omg...where do I began. I made our reservation 2 weeks in advance. When we got to the hotel we were told that the room that we reserved wasn't available.so I asked the receptionist..so my reservation didn't mean anything then she told me...im not saying it doesn't mean anything but this is an extended stay and the customer has the right to extend there stay.my wife said lets just take the room that they do have I was upset but I took the room.....went to my room tried to use the bath room the toilet wouldn't flush even after 6 try's. I said forget it ill just take a shower I opened the shower and it was so nasty there wasn't anyway we where using it. I called down to the front desk and was put on hold. Then she told me the manager would call me to talk about the room ( not to fix what was the matter but to talk about it...smh) then my lets all get along wife said lets get the heck out of here. I went down got my money back and im never coming back.......this place is not the same. Under new management

Room Tip: Don't get room 310
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond.

The situation you described regarding the bathroom and shower not being usable is truly regrettable. I also apologize that we were unable to get the toilet and shower repaired in a timely manner or get you moved to another room. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you I have met with my housekeeping and maintenance staff along with my front desk staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

The staff and I appreciate your comments as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesistate to contact me at gwi@extendedstay.com. I do hope you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay location in the future.
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I recently stayed here on a trip to ATL. It was a great location near plenty of shopping and restaurants. Overall the rooms were fine for the the 3 star rating. They were a little worn out. The couch was in poor shape with stains and the bathroom was in need of some attention. However, the bed was clean and comfortable and it suited my needs for a budget room in a good location. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west are furthest away from the highway. I had a room closest to the highway and the n...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Keith - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We appreciate you letting us know that the sleeper sofa and bathrooms need some extra attention. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with an overall good stay.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I would reccomend anybody to stay in the near future.. why because I is home away from home, but gives you all the accomodations necessary to feel right at home eventhough you maybe hundreds of miles away from home. It was everything I expected it to be, and exactly as it appears online if you go and search for the hotel and viewef the photo gallery.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm glad that we were able to provide you with a "home away from home" experience during your visit with us. We truly enjoyed providing for you!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

You get more for your money. I loved it. New and up to date appliances. Room was clean and spacious. We had enough room for 6. I will definitely stay here again, very close to everything. Shopping, restaurants & even I-85. Family friendly. We felt safe.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was great and our staff were able to make you feel at home. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Duluth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I have been at the Extended Stay America - Gwinnett Place for two months while we are relocating from Texas and have found our stay to be a home away from home. The staff is very cordial. Alton the manager is very helpful and courteous. He is always eager to please and make the stay a good experience. Likewise, Maria on the front desk is just a pleasure to deal with. She is always pleasant and smiling and extremely helpful with anything you need. She goes out of her way to make your stay more pleasurable. If you do have an issue, she takes care of it immediately. Once we had a rough sheet on our bed and when we pointed it out, they took care of the problem immediately. The entire staff is very helpful and friendly and always greets us anytime they see us. They make a point to learn your name and address you by your name each time they see you. The location is very convenient to I-85 and many shopping areas. I would highly recommend the hotel for an extended stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Duluth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I checked into this hotal the last quarter of 2012 and I've been happy with the service and staff. Between Maria and Vanessa at the front desk to my housekeeping personal, they have made my stay a very pleasent experience. The down turn of the economy had a profound effect on my business; therefore, I was forced to move and I choose the Extended Stay of America due to pricing. As it turns out, it was a great choice with a bonus of being a great place to live and still feel welcomed!

Room Tip: Being on the first floor can be a little bit of a challenge due to the noise of new business walking...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, February 15, 2013

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place? Share your experiences!