“Nice and clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3390 Venture Parkway, Duluth, GA 30096 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Duluth
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice and clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

You get more for your money. I loved it. New and up to date appliances. Room was clean and spacious. We had enough room for 6. I will definitely stay here again, very close to everything. Shopping, restaurants & even I-85. Family friendly. We felt safe.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was great and our staff were able to make you feel at home. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Duluth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I have been at the Extended Stay America - Gwinnett Place for two months while we are relocating from Texas and have found our stay to be a home away from home. The staff is very cordial. Alton the manager is very helpful and courteous. He is always eager to please and make the stay a good experience. Likewise, Maria on the front desk is just a pleasure to deal with. She is always pleasant and smiling and extremely helpful with anything you need. She goes out of her way to make your stay more pleasurable. If you do have an issue, she takes care of it immediately. Once we had a rough sheet on our bed and when we pointed it out, they took care of the problem immediately. The entire staff is very helpful and friendly and always greets us anytime they see us. They make a point to learn your name and address you by your name each time they see you. The location is very convenient to I-85 and many shopping areas. I would highly recommend the hotel for an extended stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Duluth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I checked into this hotal the last quarter of 2012 and I've been happy with the service and staff. Between Maria and Vanessa at the front desk to my housekeeping personal, they have made my stay a very pleasent experience. The down turn of the economy had a profound effect on my business; therefore, I was forced to move and I choose the Extended Stay of America due to pricing. As it turns out, it was a great choice with a bonus of being a great place to live and still feel welcomed!

Room Tip: Being on the first floor can be a little bit of a challenge due to the noise of new business walking...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I bought a 3-night stay at this hotel because Travelocity rated this place as a 3-star hotel. Even though I ended up losing my money, and it cost me more to stay in another hotel, I had to leave after 1 night because it was a terrible place to stay. The hotel is located right by the interstate, and the sound of the passing vehicles kept me up all night. Could only manage an hour's sleep. The sheets, towels and bathrooms were dirty. The mattress was worn out and old. Nothing 3 star about this hotel...at best it is a 1 star hotel. The front desk offered another room, but I refused it. Definitely not recommended. I wonder if anyone from Travelocity has ever visited this hotel to confirm the 3 star rating.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness of your room was not up to your standards. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am personally conducting a meeting with my housekeeping staff. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at spearson@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I came to this hotel in July of this year and my experience has been AWESOME!!!! In fact I love it so much I've extended my stay for a whole year. I would like to personally thank Alton the Front Desk Manager who hired the most professional staff ever. Each and every employee from the front desk to housekeeping and maintenance as a whole really has made this hotel feel like home to me because they each give 100% in customer service. Maria in Guest Service is always doing her job with a smile. In addition to that it shows that she loves her job which I would love to see her excel in because she is loyal and dedicated. And Maria in housekeeking is also dedicated in providing the best service by always making sure our room immaculate and that she loves what she does. Maintenance is always making sure everything is working properly in a prompt manner at least with a 24 hr time frame, in short thank you Alton because your entire staff is a reflection of you.....GREAT!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Atlanta Gwinnett Place. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I bought this hotel on Hotwire because it was rated 2.5 stars and included breakfast. It is clearly no better than a 2 star and really a 1.5. It is what you would expect, a lower end extended stay hotel. People milling around loud halls with lots if screaming kids. Cooking odors and beat up stained carpets couches elevators etc. the breakfast was a joke. It was coffee, old(browning) oranges and some small wrapped muffins(2 per person! As per sign. I am glad I was alone, my wife and daughters would not have gone into the hotel.

If you know all this ahead of time you can be happy with the price.

• Stayed November 2012
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Atlanta Gwinnett Place. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I am happy to be able to respond to you in this forum, as we never want a guest to feel like his or her concerns go unheard. I certainly understand your desire for more items on our Deluxe Mornings(tm) menu, because as it is our current offerings are not designed to be a full breakfast, but more of an expanded coffee bar. We advertise it as just that, because we don't want anyone to be disappointed when they discover we don't have a full breakfast. Our typical Deluxe Mornings(tm) items include gourmet coffee, bagels and cream cheese, and fresh fruit. I wish that we had been able to communicate better to you exactly what we offer.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

The staff continuously provides exceptional customer service. From the front desk to the housekeeping staff, all of the employees go above and beyond any other hotel that we've ever stayed at. All of the staff performs their jobs with a smile however, Marie and Alton continuously exceed our expectations and that's the main reason we continue to stay here.

• Stayed October 2012
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Atlanta Gwinnett Place. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Gwinnett Place? Share your experiences!