“Nice Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Duluth
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The experience of staying here was very good
The staff was very helpful at all times. The rooms were clean and neatly done and the housekeepers also did a fantastic job. The internet and the cable TV were perfect and easy to finish my work too when im in the room. The breakfast in the mornings were hot and nice. The pool was also kept clean and was fun swimming after work .The property was neat and clean. I stayed there for a week and felt really nice and comfortable staying there . I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Q-D-GA, General Manager at Quality Inn Duluth, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive response. Your valuable response help us to improve our service. Hope to see you soon.
Thanking you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Athens, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Okay, if you're like me and use to staying at nice hotels, then please don't make the mistake I did. So, how did we end up here anyway??? Well, spur of the moment, my husband and I decided to go and hang out in the Gwinnett area. Knowing that we would be probably have a couple drinks, we decided to stay in the area. The fact that we were just checking in around 9:00 p.m., we didn't really want to spend alot on a room for a several hours. After calling all of the other NICE hotels, their nightly rate was much more than we wanted to pay an 11 hour stay. Unfortunately, we chose the Quality Inn....biggest mistake ever. I want to be clear by saying that the customer service was actually good. When we checked in, the desk clerk was very courteous and helpful. After we got the keys, I was a little shaken by the number of people that were kind "loitering" around the hotel! Anyway, so we go into the room and it was an old 1990 NASTY DIRTY ROOM!! You had to push the door just to get in, the furniture was old and broken, and the bed was DISGUSTING!!!!!!! It looked as if the sheets had never been changed! I immediately called the front desk and told him how unhappy I was and that I wanted a refund. The clerk offered to give me another room on another floor, supposedly where their "suites" are located. We walked up two more flights of steps (no elevators) to the suite which upon us first entering looked okay. Unfortunately, after closer examination, I noticed hair (couldn't tell whether it was human or animal) all over the floor! Clearly, the floor had NOT been vacuumed at all! So once again, I contacted the front desk! He came up to take a look and immediately apologized and offered to show us another room! At this point, I had become extremely irritated. He took us into the room adjacent the dirty one and finally it looked decent. I didn't, however, walk on the carpet at any time during my stay!!! Now, what else made this stay so horrible.....there was a crying baby (toddler) on the hall! When the baby wasn't crying, he was running up and down the hallway screaming!! What else was horrible? Oh, I left out to go to WalMart and when I returned, I was literally AFRAID!! When I got back, there were guys cursing and screaming, there were girls in the parking lot using profanity.....it was just bad! I'm sure that more takes place at this hotel other than what hotels are actually for! Can't comment on breakfast because I wouldn't let anything in this hotel touch my lips if my life depending on it!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so sorry for not getting your expected service from us. Your feedback will help us to improve our service. It will be nice if you give us another chance to serve you one more time to prove our improvement of the service.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Over all we were here for a month and I can't complain everything here was pretty great... The staff is friendly the breakfast are awesome not to much noise so you can sleep good, Internet is great as well as the cable Tv. We enjoyed our stay here we recommend

• Stayed April 2013
first of all thank you very much for staying with us. We are delighted to receive your kind words of praise regarding our staff. we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. hope to see you soon.
Mayville, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel was at the bottom of any list. The room rug was dirty, the room use well used. Staff was not very helpful. Ice machine was not working. You had to get ice from a dirty cooler in the lobby or go al the way to 3rd floor. The breakfast was so bad that I left with out having anything. I'm sorry that the rate was not reflexed in the breakfast that was serviced. I really feel if you pay high rate you should get a eatable breakfast not go out and buy something to eat.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want comfort.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
We are so sorry for your experience and inconvenience. Your feedback will help us to improve our services. Please give us one more chance to serve you better. Thanks for your business.
Athens, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

OK, so I travel a good bit and always stay in mid range hotels such as Quality Inn's. I recently needed a midweek stay at this hotel so I could be close to a doctors office. First, the room was booked for a microwave and fridge and had neither. Surfaces were STICKY and the room had a bug spray odor. Then the bathroom sink would not drain and the floors in the bathroom were pretty gross in the corners and in other areas of the room. The gentleman at the front desk was so kind though, he moved a fridge and microwave into our room. The A/C works but it ARCHAIC and is need of a cleaning- where you push the buttons had black mold. Hot water in the shower took 6 minutes to warm up. "free wifi" does not work in room 248 AT ALL- Pillows were so horrible I had the front desk bring me additional ones. Me and my guest received 3 flea bites AND to top all this off - around dark I went outside and saw a cop car- then more and more and more cops- MASKED cops with bullet proof vests - I called the front desk and said what was going on and he said "prostitution sting"- I wish I could get my money back after this horrible stay. Never had a bad hotel with Quality Inn.. but this was a deal breaker

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
First of all we want to apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay. in this business we strive to provide an excellent customer service. but sometimes its hard to find good help to reach this goal. but if you give us one more chance to serve you. i promise you wont regret that you choose to stay with us.
Thanking you
Coolidge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Was and ok place to stay. service was good and kind to us. I would use this hotel again. Breakfest was just there if you get up on time,pool was clean on the small side but was nice to relax in with the heat.

Room Tip: Stay away from the highway!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind words. Your positive feedback is very important for us, which is keep our staff motivated to do good work.
Thanking you.
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Quality Inn is the place to stay for a superb experience.

We enjoyed our stay at Quality Inn. The room was quite clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. It was a convenient spot, close to fine restaurants and the famous Gwinnett Place Mall. The breakfast was delicious and the Wi-Fi connection was top-notch. The microwave and refrigerator, which were included in the room, were very useful. The efficient A/C ensured that we got a good night's sleep. Overall, we would recommend Quality Inn to anyone looking for a budget hotel, yet wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors would be better for travelers who look to have less distractions on the busy nights.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
First of all thank you very much for staying with us. we glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. your positive feedback is our motivation to keep doing what we are doing it.
once again thank for your business

Been to Quality Inn Duluth? Share your experiences!