“No good wifi, dirty, smelly, fleas, clogged sink and PROSTITUTION STING” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Duluth

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Duluth
Athens, Georgia
“No good wifi, dirty, smelly, fleas, clogged sink and PROSTITUTION STING”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

OK, so I travel a good bit and always stay in mid range hotels such as Quality Inn's. I recently needed a midweek stay at this hotel so I could be close to a doctors office. First, the room was booked for a microwave and fridge and had neither. Surfaces were STICKY and the room had a bug spray odor. Then the bathroom sink would not drain and the floors in the bathroom were pretty gross in the corners and in other areas of the room. The gentleman at the front desk was so kind though, he moved a fridge and microwave into our room. The A/C works but it ARCHAIC and is need of a cleaning- where you push the buttons had black mold. Hot water in the shower took 6 minutes to warm up. "free wifi" does not work in room 248 AT ALL- Pillows were so horrible I had the front desk bring me additional ones. Me and my guest received 3 flea bites AND to top all this off - around dark I went outside and saw a cop car- then more and more and more cops- MASKED cops with bullet proof vests - I called the front desk and said what was going on and he said "prostitution sting"- I wish I could get my money back after this horrible stay. Never had a bad hotel with Quality Inn.. but this was a deal breaker

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Q-D-GA, General Manager at Quality Inn Duluth, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
First of all we want to apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay. in this business we strive to provide an excellent customer service. but sometimes its hard to find good help to reach this goal. but if you give us one more chance to serve you. i promise you wont regret that you choose to stay with us.
Thanking you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Coolidge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Was and ok place to stay. service was good and kind to us. I would use this hotel again. Breakfest was just there if you get up on time,pool was clean on the small side but was nice to relax in with the heat.

Room Tip: Stay away from the highway!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind words. Your positive feedback is very important for us, which is keep our staff motivated to do good work.
Thanking you.
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Quality Inn is the place to stay for a superb experience.

We enjoyed our stay at Quality Inn. The room was quite clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. It was a convenient spot, close to fine restaurants and the famous Gwinnett Place Mall. The breakfast was delicious and the Wi-Fi connection was top-notch. The microwave and refrigerator, which were included in the room, were very useful. The efficient A/C ensured that we got a good night's sleep. Overall, we would recommend Quality Inn to anyone looking for a budget hotel, yet wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors would be better for travelers who look to have less distractions on the busy nights.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
First of all thank you very much for staying with us. we glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. your positive feedback is our motivation to keep doing what we are doing it.
once again thank for your business
McDonough, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I wanted a nice, safe place I could take my Mom for a weekend. I could not have found a better place. This Quality Inn was very CLEAN and the staff could not have been more friendlier and helpful. I HIGHLY recommend this Quality Inn for any one stopping in the Atlanta area or just wanting a getaway with Mom. I would DEFINITELY stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for spending your valuable time to write a positive feedback. Your positive feedback makes us responsible to maintain great level of service on your next stay. See you again.
Thank you for your business.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

i love to stay here. the staff is always helpful and professional. rooms are clean. breakfast is good. They opened up their pool for summer. it was clean and well maintained. its located at convenient place.

• Stayed May 2013
Q-D-GA, Manager at Quality Inn Duluth, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thanks for your review and feedback. We are happy to hear from you about your stay to keep our hotel in good shape. Thanks for your business and we would love to serve you again.
Brunswick, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We needed a place to stay for two nights on a business trip. We recently got a small dachshund from the pound. They charge $10.00 for the dog per night, The room was $51 or so. The desk clerk assured me the bill would go on two credit cards so my business would not be charged for the pet. When we went to leave the pet charge and room bill were on the same receipt. When I asked for a separate charge receipt I was told they could not do that. I emailed the manager for another split bill and got the same one I had.
Breakfast was limited and same ole mystery meat and boiled eggs, high sugar pastry and usual stuff. Room was musty and old. Bath had long black hairs in several places. Bed was clean. Internet good.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel in the area
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your feedback. This will help us to improve our service.
Thanking you
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Average hotel for the money spent. I did not wake in time to see the breakfast. Even if you do smoke I suggest getting a non smoking room and going outside. The room smelled like stale smoke which was coming from the linens and carpet.

• Stayed May 2013
Q-D-GA, General Manager at Quality Inn Duluth, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I want to first thank you for staying with us. On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise regarding your recent stay. I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you, and we will try our very best to resolve the issue.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words and your positive criticism. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Been to Quality Inn Duluth? Share your experiences!