“Good stay..” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 23 hotels in Duluth
“Good stay..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

It was my second visit to this hotel. I am glad they satisfied me with their excellent service once again. My room was clean. All staff were friendly. Service was excellent. Had good night sleep. I love staying up there and i am sure i will be back again.

• Stayed November 2012
Q-D-GA, General Manager at Quality Inn Duluth, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay. Our personnel strives to keep the hotel facilities in the best possible light. We appreciate the your good words and hope to see you as a visitor to Duluth/Atlanta again very soon.

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Little Falls, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The rooms are dirty and stinky. Everything is old, I walked in and out of several rooms and ended up leaving this place and going to a nice hotel right next to it, there are several hotels in the area, this one is by far the worse.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay. Our personnel strives to keep the hotel facilities in the best possible light. We appreciate the your feed back and hope to see you as a visitor to Atlanta again very soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Very helpful staff. Easy access to highway . Staff makes very comfortable atmosphere.definitely come again.kids enjoy breakfast with friendly service.worth for price including breakfast.special thank to all staff make our stayed comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your comments regarding the Quality Inn Gwinnett Place/Duluth. We have shared this with our desk associates already. Our associates are always kept in the loop regarding guests comments in order to provide the best of service. We hope that you will consider us again during a future trip.
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband found this hotel on priceline for a good price so we booked it for our one night stay in Atlanta this past Friday. We arrived at the hotel around 10:00 pm to check in. When we got into the room, I went to use the restroom and the first thing I noticed were all the FLEAS jumping around on the bathroom floor and also a dead earwhig. I noticed one jumped off of my arm. So, I immediately went to my husband and told him we need to get out of the room because I am allergic to flea bites. We did not have time to switch hotels because we were already late for the concert we were attending. So, we went to the front desk to switch rooms. We changed and went to our show. We came back late at around 6AM. I laid down to sleep and for 3 hours I was completely eaten up by fleas that were either in the room or followed me from the previous room. I couldn't take it anymore so I went to the front desk and asked for a refund so I could switch hotels. I was told that there was nothing they could do and that I would have to call priceline. We checked out and stayed at a nearby La Quinta Inn. I was finally able to get some comfortable sleep. I contacted Priceline about the issue and it took them 4 days to get a hold of the hotel manager. I finally called today and was told that the only compensation being offered was a free night stay at the same hotel. I called the hotel manager today and told him I don't want to stay there again and would just like a refund. He replied "Why would I give you a refund if you won't give me anymore business?" These people obviously don't care about their customers and only want your money in the end. Their rooms are filthy and in dire need of renovations. I wish I had stayed with my friends at the Extended Stay Deluxe right down the road because their room was huge, nice, and clean and only $10 more than ours. I would much rather spend money to be in a clean and comfortable room and not have to worry about being bitten by fleas. Don't stay here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Q-D-GA, General Manager at Quality Inn Duluth, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
We are so sorry that you had bad experience with our hotel stay. Based on your feed back we will make sure to correct the problem for other guests. We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you better.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We requested non-smoking but was given a smoking room. There was a map in the room and the front desk that clearly showed our room as a smoking room. The non-smoking rooms had a plaque on the door that stated non-smoking, our room did not have one. There were cigarette burns on the box springs, the carpet and the little plastic thing in the bathroom where they put the shampoo and soap. We where informed by the manager that the map in the room and the front desk were old. They must have not been to old because the room reeked! In their defense we were offered another room the next night but since we were not getting back to the hotel until late we declined to be moved. We discovered the next morning that they had not replaced our towels so my wife and I had to share one towel that morning. Upon checkout, after numerous conversations, the manager explained that we had requested a room change so that is why our towels were not replaced. I explained again that we had not requested but declined the change because we did not feel like switching rooms at 10pm after a long day. We did receive a 10% discount off our bill which we later discovered had been increased from the normal rate because of the conference that we were attending. I was very displeased with the whole experience and feel pretty confident that we were lied to about the smoking and paid a higher rate because there was a conference in town. Also pay attention to the statement that refrigerator and microwave are "limited" availability. There was a cabinet in the room for a refrigerator but no refrigerator or microwave. I would not be surprised if there wasn't a refrigerator or microwave in any of the rooms. I also forgot to mention the crazy drunk guy that was a couple rooms down that would occasionally emerge from his room and holler obscenities for some reason! Thank goodness he must have passed out before it got too late!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so sorry to hear that you had terrible experience during your stay. We would like to say thank you for your feed back. We will make sure to correct the problems for other guests. We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you better.
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have stayed here few times when I come to Gwinnett Center for my conferences. It is very convenient to get on the highway and the civic center is only few exists away. Staying here allows me visit the mall nearby (walking distance) and also easy access to highway so I can go downtown easily too. Rooms are very clean and all the furniture is new, beds are super comfortable. Best part is the amount of stuff you get for the money you spent at this hotel. You get so many free amenities (hot breakfast, newspaper, fitness center, pool, wifi internet, etc.). I checked all the hotels surrounding and none of them offer the free services this hotel offers to all its guests. Employees are very friendly also so check in and check out process is very fast!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is all indoor and 1st & 2nd floors are outdoor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Your comments are very much appreciated. Our staff is attentive to our guests needs and we hope to see you again on future trips to Atlanta/Duluth. Thank you for taking the time to write.
Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Staff was friendly. Let me check in two hours earlier. Room was nice and in a great location. The carpet could be cleaned or replaced. Will stay here again. Great value for the money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review regarding your stay. Our personnel strives to keep the hotel facilities in the best possible light. We appreciate your good words and hope to see you again soon.

Been to Quality Inn Duluth? Share your experiences!