“Convenient & Full Service” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1775 Pleasant Hill Road, Duluth, GA 30096   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Duluth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Convenient & Full Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

If you need to stay in the Gwinnett Mall area, I recommend this as a great option for a full-service hotel. The staff goes out of their way to be friendly and helpful, and the hotel has many of the full-service features that other lcal options lack, such as a gift shop, a great sit-down restaurant with full bufft breakfast, as well as lunch and dinner, plus a bar for late night snacks and a higher end steak restaurant. There is also other options right across the street(Bahama Breeze, Joes Crab Shack).

I have stayed ther twice in the last few months and they have been very accommodating with late checkouts, as well as picking me up at a rental car location down the street when I dropped off my rental. Rooms are spacious, clean and functional. It is no five-star hotel, but for the business traveler, it is a convenient and friendly option!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
David K, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Lynkia: Thank you. Our staff prides itself on our guest service and it is so nice to hear you experienced this. We are the top rated full service hotel in Gwinnett County and we do offer many options to our guests. Great to see that you enjoy this. I look forward to meeting you in person on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We conducted a Global sales meeting for about 75 folks and everyone stayed at the Sonesta. The rooms were great, the beds were comfortable, the food was outstanding and the service was "Professional and Top Notch" I would highly recommend anyone who wants to stay at a quality hotel to stay at this one.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

David K, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Hi Steve F: Thank you for your review. Great to hear our team delivered a great experience.
As you may know, we have just completed a renovation of the hotel and it is great to hear your comments about the beds and guest room. I have shared your feedback with our entire team and everyone appreciates it! Thank Youl. We are looking forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I hosted a Graduation Slumber Party for my daughter over this past weekend at the Sonesta Gwinnett Place. The hotel was extremely busy with (2) weddings, (1) Family Reunion, (1) Business Conference-however my service was outstanding from check-in to check-out. The amenities were beautiful and the staff was excellent. Although it was only 12mins from my house, if I wanted to get away for a weekend, I would definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

David K, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hi Bernice H: Thank you for your 5 star review. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host the slumber graduation party, and it is great to hear everyone had a great time. You are correct as it was a very busy weekend with many family events taking place, and we enjoy being a part of these special occasions. Looking forward to meeting you on your next visit.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Check out time is so early ,there should not be any reason for wait time longer than 4pm,special when you have been in a car riding all night and part of the day. Because you adjust your arrival time to hotel check in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

David K, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Hi Izola T: Thank you for your feedback. I apologize if we were late getting you checked in. I think that is what you are referring to in your note? We offer no excuses and are very sorry for the inconvenience. We look forward to your next visit.
Warner Robins, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This former Marriott was not my first choice but it was good. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Hallways were noisy and sound does carry, however. Slamming doors were frequently heard. The staff was excellent and friendly.

The hotel bar was good, as was the food they served. It was not over-priced like some hotel restaurants. The small gym was ok. It had an assortment of cardio equipment, a few resistance machines, cable pulldown station, and a couple of benches and some dumbbells, although 50 lbs was the heaviest they had. The pool was indoor-outdoor.

The gift shop sold starbucks coffee.

The hotel is located at a busy exit off of I85. Can be slow navigating at peak traffic hours. Budget extra time.

I suppose if I was a frequent Sonesta Hotel traveller, I would stay again, but with only a couple dozen properties, I'd rather earn points at a Marriott or Hilton property, as you will have so many more options for redemption. But all in all I was pleased with my stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hi Steve Runner: thank you for your note. Great to hear our staff took great care of you. We are fortunate to have a great team. In regards to your notes about rewards programs and # of hotels, Sonesta has our Travel Pass Program which will earn our members free room nights at many of our properties. Sonesta has over 60 hotels around the world with many great locations such as Hilton Head, Boston, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Coconut Grove. Hope you experience our other locations. They are worth the visit! Look forward to seeing you again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Room next to us had TV on loudly all night long. We tried to complain to the front desk but no one answered the phone. It was a night of little sleep. The room was clean and the location was good but the walls could have used more insulation and front desk service during the night was non-existent.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Hi Linda W: Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry for the noise issue and for the front desk not picking up your call. Our guest service agent was helping another guest at the time of your call, and I talked to her about how we can handle a situation such as this in the future. Please contact me at dkohlasch@sonesta.com at your earliest convenience and I will talk with you in more detail.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed here for the better part of 4 months and really was impressed with the effort the staff makes at recognizing you and greeting you. This is the first time in about 5 months that I have been back. And people recognized me. That makes you feel part of the family. Great location, great facilities. and the staff seems to be genuinly proud of their place of work, without being forced or phoney.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

David K, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
John: So glad to hear you are a frequent guest. We pride ourselves on guest recognition and providing a home away from home experience. We look forward to your next visit.

Been to Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta? Share your experiences!