“Loved the service and the smiles” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
25% Off Weekday Travel
Ranked #2 of 23 hotels in Duluth
Jackson, New Jersey
“Loved the service and the smiles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I came to Atlanta for a family members wedding. I got a great deal through groupon which included an all you can eat breakfast for each day I was there. Greeted at the front desk with a nice welcoming smile. Room service was fast and friendly. The food was good. Check out made simple and easy by Mo. Billing issue was resolved with Petya giving me her direct line phone number. Over all a great stay. Great town ... wonderful wedding. I will be back!

Room Tip: Having a microwave and refrigerator was a plus all the rooms don't have them.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MarcyAdams, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for completing a review. I will pass your kind comments on to the staff, as they really do make a difference and set us apart. I hope you will visit us again if you are in the Duluth area.

261 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were in town for a softball tournament and booked this hotel because it was near the fields and was inexpensive. This is a very large hotel! There was also several other events going on while we were there - baseball tournament, wedding and family reunion. The only time this was a problem was when we tried to use the elevator. The wait at all times was very long. The indoor/outdoor pool is great but again, very crowded. The staff is very pleasant and accommodations were average. We would stay there again if we were in town for a group event. I wouldn't want to stay there if I was trying to get away with just my husband. Too busy to be relaxing!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
MarcyAdams, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I apologize for the wait times with the elevators, as you indicated, we must have been very busy that weekend. I would love to have you back again to enjoy some of our additional amenities and win you over as a 5. Please feel free to contact me directly if you are going to be in the area. I hope you had a successful tournament!
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The front desk was friendly and helpful upon our check in on Friday. There was a minor issue with our room and Mo was so friendly and helpful with correcting the issue. She upgraded our room to the Concierge level with a beautiful view of Duluth. I love great hotels with great service and your hotel has exceeded my expectations. The king bed was so refreshing. We were so conveniently located to the venue for our friends wedding and that's a plus with Atlanta's traffic. Great times this wedding weekend !!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will be sure to let Mo know that she was instrumental in your enjoyable weekend.
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

So the Sonesta outside Atlanta is an Old Mariott, but was recently renovated. Looks about 5-8 years old on the renovation and was very clean. It is an Executive hotel with a very large meeting area that is more for Conventions than vacations. The front desk and staff was VERY accommodating. The indoor/ outdoor pool was nice, but COLD. The room service was very affordable and Very Convenient.

the breakfast Buffet downstairs was AWESOME. and it was fairly priced.

Room Tip: floors 1-8 have 2 sets of elevators
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I got a kick out of your title as we often are asked about the origin of the name Sonesta and enjoy telling the story. In the 1940’s, Abraham Sonnabend, called Sonny by his family, had a dairy farm in Holliston, Massachusetts among many other business ventures. He was a very successful farmer, but was also interested in other industries, and began venturing in to the hotel business. He and his wife Esther didn't know what to call their hotel, so they combined their names and Sonesta was created!

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that we can win you back as a 5 next time!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I enjoyed a wonderful night of rest after indulging in a delicious dinner in the hotel restaurant. The king bed was so comfortable and relaxing. After a nights rest we dined in at another restaurant in the hotel that offered a wonderful breakfast buffet. The staff was excellent offering superb service throughout our stay.

• Stayed September 2013
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of some of our amenities! We are very excited about introducing Sonesta's Food is Art concept and it sounds like you enjoyed it as well. We change our menu in Kaets seasonally and have some great new additions. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review, I hope you will come back and see us soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was my first experience with a Sonesta Hotel, and I am hooked. From the moment I walked in the door to the registration desk and met a smiling face I knew this was going to be a better-than-expected experience. Hotel was very busy, but the person who checked me in chatted with me as if I was the only person in the hotel. The room was furnished luxuriously, and the grounds were immaculate and lovely. I did not get to take a dip in the lovely pool, but I did check out the exercise room which was complete with extremely high-end equipment. Maria, who checked me out, was very helpful, offering to give a later check-out time so I could tour other areas of the hotel. What a great experience!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed us as a Sonesta. I hope that you will come back and see us again if you are in the area.
Decatur, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The staff was so friendly at this Sonesta, I felt compelled to write about it on Trip Advisor. I purchased a Groupon deal (I got a tremendous price through this service btw) for a three night stay. My wife was traveling with me so we wanted and had specified a King sized bed. Unfortunately, the room had two full sized beds. When I requested a swap the front desk person, Joyce, had technical difficulty getting the new room. While we waited for the fix, she gave me free drinks in their bar and when the glitch was fixed she gave me a suite room for having to wait. The rest of the staff was just as friendly and professional. The breakfast bar is terrific and came with the Groupon offer. Bundle it if you can because it is worth it. The only negative I had was a noisy group next door on the last night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I lenjoy being able to share the stories with our staff, and they love knowing they have left a good impression with our guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our property. Be on the lookout for more great deals where you can enjoy our hospitality again soon.

Been to Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta? Share your experiences!