“Sonesta Siesta” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 23 hotels in Duluth
“Sonesta Siesta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I enjoyed a wonderful night of rest after indulging in a delicious dinner in the hotel restaurant. The king bed was so comfortable and relaxing. After a nights rest we dined in at another restaurant in the hotel that offered a wonderful breakfast buffet. The staff was excellent offering superb service throughout our stay.

• Stayed September 2013
MarcyAdams, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of some of our amenities! We are very excited about introducing Sonesta's Food is Art concept and it sounds like you enjoyed it as well. We change our menu in Kaets seasonally and have some great new additions. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review, I hope you will come back and see us soon.

298 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was my first experience with a Sonesta Hotel, and I am hooked. From the moment I walked in the door to the registration desk and met a smiling face I knew this was going to be a better-than-expected experience. Hotel was very busy, but the person who checked me in chatted with me as if I was the only person in the hotel. The room was furnished luxuriously, and the grounds were immaculate and lovely. I did not get to take a dip in the lovely pool, but I did check out the exercise room which was complete with extremely high-end equipment. Maria, who checked me out, was very helpful, offering to give a later check-out time so I could tour other areas of the hotel. What a great experience!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed us as a Sonesta. I hope that you will come back and see us again if you are in the area.
Decatur, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The staff was so friendly at this Sonesta, I felt compelled to write about it on Trip Advisor. I purchased a Groupon deal (I got a tremendous price through this service btw) for a three night stay. My wife was traveling with me so we wanted and had specified a King sized bed. Unfortunately, the room had two full sized beds. When I requested a swap the front desk person, Joyce, had technical difficulty getting the new room. While we waited for the fix, she gave me free drinks in their bar and when the glitch was fixed she gave me a suite room for having to wait. The rest of the staff was just as friendly and professional. The breakfast bar is terrific and came with the Groupon offer. Bundle it if you can because it is worth it. The only negative I had was a noisy group next door on the last night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I lenjoy being able to share the stories with our staff, and they love knowing they have left a good impression with our guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our property. Be on the lookout for more great deals where you can enjoy our hospitality again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was having a sore throat, pains in my bones and joints from this flu I picked up the night before. I went for breakfast in the Sonesta Gwinnett Place in Atlanta and asked the lady at the entrance if I could get a chicken soup instead of the breakfast buffet since that soup would most likely make me feel better. She said they normally don't serve chicken soup at breakfast but was going to ask the chef. A few minutes later she came back with the reaction of the chef: no chicken soup. I was really disappointed with this reaction.
Another few minutes later this kind lady Sejla came to me asking whether I had asked for a chicken soup to which I answered affirmative. She just wanted to let me know that she just gave orders to the chef to make me the chicken soup.
Now that is what I call taking responsibility and pride in giving good service to your guests. You have the chicken and all the other ingredients. Why not help someone who can start feeling better because of the soup.
Thanks Selja, the chicken soup made me feel a lot better as you've probably noticed when I walked out!
Because Selja corrected what had initially gone wrong I still rank 5 them dots.

I also want to compliment Carmelita.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review. I am so happy to hear that we were able to take care of you and that you left with a great impression of our staff. I love hearing stories like that. I have shared your review with our staff and use it as an example for all to follow. I'm Glad you are feeling better....there is nothing worse than being sick on the road.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I travel a lot. This time was for Catalyst 2013. The hotel was packed and can really stretch the staff pleasing so many during such a large event. They kept a smile on their face, always polite and will to go the extra mile. Thank you Daisy and Ashley for an easy and friendly check out and thanks for going out of your way to assist me this morning Temaran (go Miami Heat) Lisa Lupola Momentum Church Gulf Breeze, Florida

• Stayed October 2013
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I thought my experience at Hilton Head Island's Sonesta Resort was the best I ever had, BUT when I re-visited what is now Sonesta Gwinnett Place it really took the cake! I remembered front desk personnel Daisy and I am overwhelmed with joy that she is still with your company. She is the absolute most patient and personable front desk person that you could ever meet. This hotel will remain profitable while having guest to have a "Daisy" to greet them as their first point of contact. I love it! My fiancé and I are enjoying our stay immensely.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Christiansted, St. Croix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I couldn't say more about this location. The staff and service personnel are attentive, responsive, knowledgeable and an all-around precision team! I'll definitely be staying here anytime I'm in the area.

Room Tip: I was in a group and no one mentioned any drawbacks to their rooms. The building itself is easily ac...