“Extraordinarily Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 23 hotels in Duluth
Decatur, Alabama, United States
“Extraordinarily Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The staff was so friendly at this Sonesta, I felt compelled to write about it on Trip Advisor. I purchased a Groupon deal (I got a tremendous price through this service btw) for a three night stay. My wife was traveling with me so we wanted and had specified a King sized bed. Unfortunately, the room had two full sized beds. When I requested a swap the front desk person, Joyce, had technical difficulty getting the new room. While we waited for the fix, she gave me free drinks in their bar and when the glitch was fixed she gave me a suite room for having to wait. The rest of the staff was just as friendly and professional. The breakfast bar is terrific and came with the Groupon offer. Bundle it if you can because it is worth it. The only negative I had was a noisy group next door on the last night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MarcyAdams, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I lenjoy being able to share the stories with our staff, and they love knowing they have left a good impression with our guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our property. Be on the lookout for more great deals where you can enjoy our hospitality again soon.

300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was having a sore throat, pains in my bones and joints from this flu I picked up the night before. I went for breakfast in the Sonesta Gwinnett Place in Atlanta and asked the lady at the entrance if I could get a chicken soup instead of the breakfast buffet since that soup would most likely make me feel better. She said they normally don't serve chicken soup at breakfast but was going to ask the chef. A few minutes later she came back with the reaction of the chef: no chicken soup. I was really disappointed with this reaction.
Another few minutes later this kind lady Sejla came to me asking whether I had asked for a chicken soup to which I answered affirmative. She just wanted to let me know that she just gave orders to the chef to make me the chicken soup.
Now that is what I call taking responsibility and pride in giving good service to your guests. You have the chicken and all the other ingredients. Why not help someone who can start feeling better because of the soup.
Thanks Selja, the chicken soup made me feel a lot better as you've probably noticed when I walked out!
Because Selja corrected what had initially gone wrong I still rank 5 them dots.

I also want to compliment Carmelita.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review. I am so happy to hear that we were able to take care of you and that you left with a great impression of our staff. I love hearing stories like that. I have shared your review with our staff and use it as an example for all to follow. I'm Glad you are feeling better....there is nothing worse than being sick on the road.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I travel a lot. This time was for Catalyst 2013. The hotel was packed and can really stretch the staff pleasing so many during such a large event. They kept a smile on their face, always polite and will to go the extra mile. Thank you Daisy and Ashley for an easy and friendly check out and thanks for going out of your way to assist me this morning Temaran (go Miami Heat) Lisa Lupola Momentum Church Gulf Breeze, Florida

• Stayed October 2013
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I thought my experience at Hilton Head Island's Sonesta Resort was the best I ever had, BUT when I re-visited what is now Sonesta Gwinnett Place it really took the cake! I remembered front desk personnel Daisy and I am overwhelmed with joy that she is still with your company. She is the absolute most patient and personable front desk person that you could ever meet. This hotel will remain profitable while having guest to have a "Daisy" to greet them as their first point of contact. I love it! My fiancé and I are enjoying our stay immensely.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Christiansted, St. Croix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I couldn't say more about this location. The staff and service personnel are attentive, responsive, knowledgeable and an all-around precision team! I'll definitely be staying here anytime I'm in the area.

Room Tip: I was in a group and no one mentioned any drawbacks to their rooms. The building itself is easily ac...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The customer service was outstanding, especially Ashley, and Robert, at the front desk. The breakfast buffet at the Grapevine was also outstanding. I would stay there again. The only thing that I wish they had more of was television stations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The stay, Food & service was great. Amsale remembered me from a previous stay and brought out my drink without asking. Tea half cut. The bell men Terence & Skip took care of use on the road. Hope to see everyone soon. :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta? Share your experiences!