“The Maine Man” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Duluth
Amelia island Florida
“The Maine Man”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Best bed we have ever slept in. Also, the pillows were fantastic-wish I could buy one! Everyone was so friendly and accomadating. Barbara and Eric @ Buttons were terriffic. Certainly look forward to staying there again soon.

Room Tip: We prefer high up/away from elevators
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MarcyAdams, General Manager at Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for posting your review. I will share your comments with our team. We often get comments about the front desk staff, so when other departments are mentioned, it really goes a long way! I am glad to know you will be joining us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Walking in to the hotel I didn't realize that it was no longer a Marriott! At check in Anne honored my Marriott Gold Elite status and gave my concierge lounge access and upgraded my room! I was very pleased with Anne going the extra mile to take care of my needs! She also signed me up for Travel pass rewards. The next morning was greeted by her smiling face when I was having breakfast in the lounge. Anne is a great asset to the hotel!!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have recently traveled several times to the Atlanta area for work and have had a hard time finding a hotel that made me feel comfortable. I am a married woman traveling on business, and just wanted a nice, safe and a little luxurious hotel.. I have found it with the Sonesta Gwinnett Place in Duluth. The staff is very friendly and very accommodating! The rooms are nicely decorated and very clean! This is my hotel of choice for any future trips.

Room Tip: My bed faces the window and it overlooks the pool and is in the main tower. I love this room!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Sonesta Gwinnett Place for his class reunion. The hotel is beautifully decorated - shiny floors nice furnishings, friendly staff and a smooth, quick check-in and check-out. Our room was immaculate, nicely decorated and very quiet. I did visit the hotel bar and it was wonderful as well. The grounds and pool & patio area were lovely. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad we were able to be part of your fun weekend. We love hosting reunions and seeing how excited everyone is to see each other. I hope you will stay with us again if you are in the Duluth area.
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had an excellent stay made possible by the excellent staff. Hotel tonight app put us in touch with them and it turned out to be perfect. Great rate, great staff, great amenities. I will look for Sonesta properties in the future and I will visit again.

Room Tip: The breakfast buffet is well worth the price.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is the Marriott recently renamed. Have stayed There many times before on business. They have changes the color scheme of the lobby and the room looked like it was refreshed. Restaurants are the same and so are some staff. Still a good hotel but I miss not getting my Marriott rewards.

• Stayed August 2013
Stafford, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed on a Saturday night on our way to Destin. The room rate was very reasonable. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and well appointed. The location was perfect, right off the interstate, shops and restaurants close by.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta? Share your experiences!