“Sonesta Gwinnett” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Duluth
Stafford, VA
“Sonesta Gwinnett”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed on a Saturday night on our way to Destin. The room rate was very reasonable. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and well appointed. The location was perfect, right off the interstate, shops and restaurants close by.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Grabbed a room using the app Hotel Tonight and arrived late on a Saturday night.

The hotel was busy due to an event, but we easily found parking and were quickly checked-in by a very nice employee who also gave us some food recommendations. Our room up on the fifth floor with a king bed was spacious and very clean. If my travels ever bring me back to the Atlanta area, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I didn't have a need to be within the city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Carnesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were visiting metro-Atlanta to attend a concert. The Sonesta Gwinnett Place was convenient location with excellent accommodations. The check-in was easy, and the grounds/pool were beautiful. The staff are the ones that make the experience so wonderful. Customer service is their top concern. Everyone was so friendly and took great care of us. I can't say enough positive things about Sonesta Gwinnett Place. If you are visiting Atlanta or Gwinnett County, don't stay anywhere else but Sonesta Gwinnett Place.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our weekend here was most wonderful! From the start ..making our reservation with Ashley, to checkout, we were most pleased! The entire staff was most cordial and accommodating and the rooms, grounds, pool area were spotless and well tended. Our only complaint, and what kept me from giving a perfect rating, is the fact that there is nowhere in the hotel to purchase a cocktail until after 6 pm, except room service. Aside from that, our stay was perfect and we will certainly stay here again, should we have occasion to do so. Thank you Sonesta, for making our weekend a memorable one!

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor have balconies that overlook the pool and terrace areas. Most pleasing vi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed for a week for my son's baseball tournament and I could have not been more pleased by the service I received from Daisy, Mario and everyone at the hotel staff. The rooms were wonderful and always cleaned. All my concerns were always answered and resolved in a timely manner.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I booked two rooms, stayed there with my husband and step daugter. We were really impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and professionalism of the entire staff. The beds were very comfortable. The hotel is located in the prime of Duluth were there is a great variety of restuarants. We had the breakfast buffet in the restuarant hotel, the presentation was wonderful and the food was delicious. My husband had a relaxing time playing pool in the hotel's lounge Buttons. We are planning another trip to GA in a few weeks, our event is downtown Atl which is only a 20 minute drive or so ...we have made plans to stay at this hotel again.
D r Ragland

Duluth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

From the time I inquired about this hotel, I had spoken to Ashley over the phone who was quite warm, friendly, and professional. I wanted to meet her in person and thank her. Although a slight issue had risen, Ashley promptly and professionally offered prompt resolve, and as a manager it's what I look for in superior customer service. She also introduced me to the GM on the property, and nothing 5 stars; they were both phenomenal. As I shared, she is a complete value add to the team, and I look forward in returning soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta? Share your experiences!