“Very quiet place to eat.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Charleston, West Virginia
“Very quiet place to eat.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Was in the area working with some co-workers and came across this place. We went in around 9pm and were the only ones in there. We were a bit worried about that. We chanced it though. We were very pleased with our food and service. Our former New Yorker waitress was very nice. Very good food quality.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great place for quick, good food. Service from friendly staff. Be sure to check out the desserts. Would definitely recommend.

Visited March 2013
Duluth, Georgia
“best breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Tastes like home and the people are always friendly and talkstive...any time of dsy...love the food! Clean and family friendly environment.

Visited December 2012
Schertz, Texas
“Very Average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've lived near this diner for almost a year, so I finally decided to try it. I've determined that I hadn't really missed anything.

I am a great lover of pancakes, particularly from diners. The pancakes I had at the Duluth diner were very average, bordering on poor. They just didn't have much flavor. Most diner pancakes can be eaten with very few if any condiments, but adding butter and syrup to these didn't help. They remained bland. The sausage that came with them was pretty tasty, though. It had a smoky, chargrilled flavor, and it would have been wonderful with a decent set of pancakes.

My son had a patty melt. He told the waitress that he wanted it well-done. They took those instructions seriously because he said it was burned. He didn't enjoy it.

I was equally unimpressed with our waitress. Our drink orders arrived quickly, then she asked us if we needed more time to look at the menu. We said yes. When she came back a few minutes later and asked if we were ready, I replied that we were. She heaved an elaborate sigh and said, "Finally." Then she said, "Just kidding." It was our first time in the restaurant and they have a long menu. It took us a few minutes to look at it, and that's the way we're treated?

No need for me to go back to this restaurant. The menu doesn't offer anything that I can't get elsewhere, and I'm sure that I can get better service.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“rude dissappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Firstly let me say i am a great fan of the american diner - having lived in the NY tri-state area for many years it has long been one of my favorite places to eat. Back when the GA diner opened I saw it as a true mecca of 'my kinda food'. That being said I have gone there infrequently over the last few years since i don't live close. The quality of the food has diminished from it's heyday over the years but i felt the atmosphere still outweighed the mediocre fare. That all changed yesterday. If there were a way to give 0 stars i would. I happened to be in that part of town with my wife and daughter and thought it would be a treat to stop in for some 'comfort food'. Once inside the half-empty diner we were shown to a table when i asked i we could have a booth I i was standing next to an empty booth), now there may have been a reason they did not want me to sit at that particular booth and most establishments would ask me if i would mind waiting - which would have been fine - but the answer i received was flatly 'NO' - that's when i remembered why i hadn't been back in a while, service. Not just poor service - that happens on occasion - everyone has a bad day once in a while, but rude service. I'm too old to put up with that type of shenanigans. I do owe her a minor dept of gratitude since we had a delightful time a Antonetta's in dacula. As for the GA diner - i can only hope it dies soon and some diner lover buys it. for the sake of diner lovers of gwinnett!

• Visited March 2013