“Best stay ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Duluth
Nashville, TN
“Best stay ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

I have stayed at a lot of hotels, but I was so surprised at how nice the newly redecorated Holiday Inns are! The bed was the most comfortable I have been in and the shower? It was as big as some hotel bathrooms! I could not have asked for a nicer stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Danville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

I just wanted to let everyone know what an awesome staff that Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center has! They were very accomodating for our whole group. They were friendly, helpful, and just wonderful people. We go to the Revolve Tour every year and the last time they had the Tour in Georgia we stayed at the HIlton..big mistake.never again. They can not compare to the staff at the Holiday Inn! I just wanted to thank Susan See and the 2 guys at the desk on night shift as well as the shuttle driver! They are awesome! Our rooms were clean also!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
anderson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

We have stayed at this location before and was never told of a hold put on our credit card for room service. After checking out was given a receipt with a balance of "zero" for "everything" after returning home and checking account had a hold of 105 on account. Called hotel and was told it was normal hold on card for any extra that may have occured during stay, but that amount should have only been 50 dollars and they would credit my account 55.71. Well guess what! They sent through as a debit/charge instead of credit. People please be careful with the non professional front desk staff at this location. Never once received an apology for the mistake.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Garden City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

The rooms and price for hotel was reasonable. The hotel was accesible to restaurants and shopping. The hotel restaurant was definately lacking (burned food). The room itself was comfortable and up to date.

The front desk clerk could definately use some etiquette in customer service. Other than that overall decent stay.

• Stayed October 2010
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I found the staff to be extremely efficient, accommodating and friendly. It would be nice if the lobby was more welcoming and conducive to business and visiting and I think perhaps they could draw more business into the restaurant. When I left some lost & found items, the staff quickly got it back to me just as soon as I gave them my information. This was good as I had a short window being on the road to receive the items I desperately needed. My biggest complaint is the terrible hi-speed Internet. It was impossibly slow. I had my own air card, but guess what? Absolutely 0 cell phone coverage in the building and that went for the air card as well. This all made it very difficult to get business done, in the room or in the lobby. I would definitely recommend they work on that if they are catering to business travelers.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
St. Augustine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

Arrived with 4 other families for a weekend event. I made all reservations as a prioity club member and assured the other's we would have a great stay instead of staying at the Hyatt Place as we normally do. I arrived 1st and found they didn't have my adjoining room as requested..."sorry, you should have had it as a priority member" was the reply. Got in my room and there was no priority package as is the norm. When the last 2 families arrived at 7PM their rooms weren't ready. 1 family went to the room and it was dirty, got a 2nd room and it was dirty. They sent their maintenance man to clean the room, when he was done 40 minutes later they went to the room and it didn't have a shower curtain (great attention to detail). The other family got their room another 30 minutes later. When we went to use the bathroom in our room, we found fecal material (yes FECAL) on the inside of the LID of the toilet...they sent the maintenance to clean it up. He sprayed his chemical all over the bathroom and in the process sprayed all over our open toiletry bag containing our toothbrushes, hair brushes, razors etc. They sent 4 replacement (cheap hotel) toothbrushes to replace. This was unnaceptable and after more complaining about their negligence, they had us purchase replacement products from the local market. The next day after returning at 5PM after an all day event, our rooms had yet to be cleaned. We informed them to clean them ASAP and went to the pool. When we came back, our room keys for both of our rooms didn't work. We went back to the front desk and the clerk made new keys for both, we went back up and they didn't work. When we went back down he was "put off" by us coming back (he was playing a computer game) and made new keys. This time they worked...the 1st time. When we went back to the room later the keys didn't work again, they sent maintenance to replace the batteries. The clerk gave us a "marked" key, when the maintenance man came back down he took the marked key and gave us another, said that was the key we needed to use. When it didn't work and we spoke with the clerk, he got upset and said that he gave us a marked key and why weren't we using it. When we tried to explain the maintenance guy took it he didn't want to hear it and said "I gave you a marked key for a reason". I voiced my displeasure with his actions and walked went back to the room. When sitting in the lobby later on, he walked over and handed us (2) free breakfast coupons & walked away. In tough economic times a guest should expect people to try harder...this property just doesn't understand that concept...from the top down!

• Stayed February 2010
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights in October 2009. I choose the hotel for it's close location to a branch of the company I work for. The first room I was assigned was very nice, however the A/C was quite noisy and not very cool. I was moved to another room that had the same layout except had a full size walk in shower rather than a tub in the bathroom. I was quite pleased with the large shower. I forgot my swimsuit so I did not use the hotel pool and did not even take a look at the pool. Dining options in the hotel are limited, but I did have lunch at the restaurant in the parking lot (the Leaping Leprechaun?). The food was very good. Shopping is very close by as well as many other food choices. All in all, a good stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center? Share your experiences!