“Class operation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Duluth
CUYAHOGA FALLS
“Class operation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The holiday Inn Gwinnett Center provided rooms for nearly ninety motorcyclists, gathering for a three day weekend in Gwinnett County. Service and accommodations were exceptional. There is a bar & lounge adjacent to the lobby area and breakfast is available here in the mornings for a nominal fee.

Rooms were reasonably priced for a first class facility. Pets are allowed. Sleep was undisturbed and there was little noise created in the hallways by guests or staff. Always a concern of mine.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here to take our princesses to Disney on Ice at Gwinnett Arena. This hotel is very accomodating....indoor pool for kids, super clean and modern rooms, work out facility, business center....all you could want! Very convenient to Discover Mills mall...the hotel van took us where ever we wanted to go and i must say that they were always there to pick us back up when they said they would be. Very polite staff...breakfast buffet is wonderful if you dont want to leave the hotel. i normally do not stay at holiday inns, however, this stay may make me reconsider in the future! SOME OF THE MOST COMFORTABLE MATTRESSES I HAVE EVER SLEPT ON!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed here one night to attend a conference at the art center. The bed was very comfortable and the room very quiet so I slept like a baby. It seemed like a very clean place, everything was fine. I slept in late and missed the breakfast so I can't review it.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor on the front of the building and it was very quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Cordova, Tn.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Holiday Inn is and isn't hard to get to off Sugar Loaf Pkwy. You just have to watch for your turn. The motel is six stories and I would recommend a room not to close to the elevator due to elevator bell ringing going and coming other than that my room was quite.There isn't the normal dining room but dining is located in a bar and grill style. There is a buffet style breakfast with something for everyone.The menu is limited but there are numerous local and franchise restaurants close by, I had a king single on the 6th floor and it was huge with a huge walk in shower, The staff was friendly, courteous and always on call when needed.

Room Tip: Try to stay away form room close to elevator due to ringing bell at each floor.
Puerto Rico, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stay at this hotel, twice a month for 3-4 days continuously. Last year, in 2012, I stayed here for an entire month and had a phenomenal experience, but this time around was a whole different story! I think management has changed and the new management has no idea how to operate a hotel.

It all started when I checked in yesterday to only find dirty plates and cups sitting next to my door. Next day, the cups and plates were still there in the morning when I left my room and were STILL there when I returned to my room after 4PM. I called the front desk almost 10 times and NO ONE responded. Finally, I got in touch with a lady named Poo and she said she'd take care of it. I left the hotel and came back a couple hours later only to find the dirty cups and plates still sitting by my door. By this point, I was furious. Not only was I bothered with the lack of cleanliness, I was bothered by the front desk staff not being able to deliver. (Point being, if management did property walks, these things would be avoided before new guests check-in at 3pm.)

Later that evening, it just got worse. My wife being allergic to down, she requested to have her pillows changed to foam pillows. The past times we've stayed here, it was never an issue - the front desk would gladly replace the down pillows with foam pillows. This time, when my wife called down stairs, the front desk agent had an attitude and told my wife she should've brought her own pillow. She then told her, we had been traveling across country on the plane and the last thing we wanted to pack was a pillow! We also told her that the hotel always has provided us with foam pillows and in return the confused front desk agent proceeded to ask the very stupid question of "what does a foam pillow look like?" Instead she offered to give us a stack of sheets which my wife used as a pillow and woke up to a very sore neck.

By far the worst hotel ever! I would pick hilton any day over holiday inn. Not very friendly and hotel staff is lazy and careless. Cleanliness is a big issue. Employees are clueless and they need hotel training from upper management.

Room Tip: Go to the hampton across the street. So much better!
Hingham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

One night stay. Computers down for over an hour at check in. When restored, guests were checked in based on how obnoxious they were. Food really substandard - salad with black lettuce and soggy croutons, breafast sandwich with cold english muffin and cheese. Room was clean, bed fine, but we received a wake up call at 5:30 AM when none was requested.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TracyJohnsonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Deborah D.

I appreciate you taking the time to share the experience of your stay. I know we did not deliver the level of service you deserved, when our systems went down at the hotel. Guest service is our priority and I would like to have the opportunity to discuss with you further. I would appreciate you reaching out to me directly at the hotel. Warmest Regards!
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Was in the area for a conference. This hotel is great - the staff is friendly and exceptionally helpful. Rooms are well appointed and clean. An occasional bit of noise (sirens on the interstate) but not close enough to the interstate to be bothered by truck traffic. Nice cafe onsite - breakfast was a little pricey (around $10) but good variety and food was good, plus the convenience made it worthwhile. Recommend staying here if going to a concert or event at Gwinnett Arena - parking lots practically connect.

Room Tip: Rooms on side away from interstate might be quieter, but facility is far enough off of interstate th...
Sojournhr

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We know you have many choices, and appreciate you letting us take care of your hospitality needs. I hope if you are traveling here again, you will come back to visit!

Been to Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center? Share your experiences!