“very clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Duluth
New York City, New York
“very clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

Stayed at the hotel as part of a large family and friend gathering. The hotel is extremely clean! The rooms are nice, the beds very comfortable and there is a microwave, and mini fridge in every room which is very nice. The bathroom is also very clean and nice but the shower is a little awkward. You have to step up into and and out of the tub. Once I almost tripped getting out of the shower.

Down side was you get noise from hallway in your room, but I think this is true of a lot of hotels. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Hotel was immaculate
  • Disliked — no room service when restaurant is closed, driveway hard to get in and out of.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Savannah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2007

This property is relatively new as other reviews have stated and above average for a Holiday Inn. The rooms are well decorated and interesting. Black and white vintage photographs of the glory days of Holiday Inn adorn the walls. The bed is definately not the best and seemed a bit soft. The shower was quite large in the room (two could use it easily) and a nice surprise. Property has a full service restaurant and food was good and well presented. Room service was efficient. My problems were with the plumbing. First the toilet backed up (twice) and engineering had to be called. Secondly, I went to take a shower one evening and I had no hot water. The gentleman I dealt with concerning this was rude and mechanical. They promised to have this fixed by morning and of course it wasn't. When I called the front desk the lady curtly said "I know nothing about this" and "sir, have you let the water run"? I stated yes, of course. She then sighed loudly and said nothing. I then said my I use the shower in another room? She said OK but I do not have one on that floor. At this point my patience was running thin and I stated "just have someone bring up a key to whatever room I may use". All and all not the service level I expect and although the property is OK I will not be returning.

Stayed September 2007
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2007

Traveled to Atlanta to visit Six Flags this weekend. The $75 per night AAA rate was the best in the area. The depictions of the hotel do not give this new hotel justice. Its location is very serene and feels safe compared to hotels that are in the city of Atlanta. The local area for the hotel is upper scale with new restaurants and shopping and is surrounded by corporate office buildings.

Our room and the hotel in general were very clean. We did not hear any loud noises or smelled any foul odors. The only issue we discovered was that the bath tub had a slow drain. The staff corrected the problem by the time we returned from Six Flags.

The decor of the hotel is very contemporary and tailored. The indoor pool was just right for kids and the exercise room contained treadmills. We did not eat at the restaurant. It did appear to be clean and open. We ate dinner on the large secluded patio that overlooked a landscaped natural area.

There is a new Irish restaurant and bank within walking distance. The Gwinett Center arena is also within walking distance. Discover Mills mall is within a mile down the street.

We will definitely consider staying again for leisure travel.

• Liked — The hotel was clean.
  • Disliked — The room needed a desk and chair.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2005

I went to Duluth for a weekend visit with some friends. I came accross this Holiday Inn when I went to priceline for a room. I was very pleased! The boy at the front desk when i checked in was a sweetie. He helped me find a quick place to get a bite to eat and offered to call in a to go order for me. The man who drives the shuttle was at the door when I got in and he saw my hands full of bags and a baby so he offered to help me unload the car. I thought that was very nice. The room was very clean and up to date. The shower was amazing! It was huge! I was very pleased and would stay again!

• Stayed October 2005
Dalton, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2005

We stayed at this HI near the end of 2004 so we could some great Christmas shopping at the nearby Discover Mills. i can't say enough good things about this Holiday Inn. It is new and SUPER squeaky clean. Great lobby area. Great clean indoor pool and fitness area. Great staff. We stayed two days. The breakfast buffet was great--my husband really enjioyed making waffles for all of us. TVs are mounted on the walls at each booth in the restaurant area. When we checked out, our toddler son left his teddy bear in the bed by mistake. I called them, they located it and express mailed it to us right away AT NO CHARGE! They also have a great patio. We will never stay anywhere else when shopping or visiting in that area. The decor is trendy and very relaxing and up to date. Great HUGE shower in the room, nice sized room. The staff is very helpful and very nice.

• Stayed October 2004
Lahaina, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2004

Brand new and a nice surprise! Room was very comfortable, nice bathroom(big shower, no tub).Get a room away from the elevator. Overall quite pleased.

Been to Holiday Inn - Gwinnett Center? Share your experiences!