“Will not return” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Duluth
Vidalia, Georgia
“Will not return”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

After personally calling the Atlanta/Duluth hotel directly and booking a room for 3 adults and 2 children, I was told and reassured we would have a rollout bed when we arrived. After getting there to check in, the desk clerk told me they don't even offer rollout beds at this hotel. I then asked where would I put the 5th person since the rooms only had 2 double beds. I was actually told they would give me a blanket and pillows and that my child could sleep on the floor.....REALLY????????? They originally had charged me $5 extra for the 5th person with a total of $128 for the night. When I asked for a discount for the inconvenience, guess what I received, $5 off, so I had to pay $123 for my child to sleep on the floor. The floor was so hard we ended up putting 3 people in one of the double beds. Definitely was uncomfortable. Though the room was clean, all the lights on the wall behind the bed did not work. The bulbs were blown, so I called down to the front desk and was told I'd have to come get them. It ended up being an electrical problem though the bulbs were blown. We definitely will not be staying at this location again. I do have to say the desk clerk was not rude and looked overworked. I never saw another hotel employee until we ate breakfast this morning. They definitely need two desk clerks working at all times as there were 2 other couples waiting to check in behind me and no one else was there to take care of incidentals such as ours. I felt they should have offered me a better discount since it was THEIR fault we didn't have enough beds to sleep comfortably.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Enterprise, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

The carpet was missing in the middle of the room. It was worn and very dated on the sections of carpet that weren't missing. The walls were very dirty and looked like someone took grease and wiped it along the walls.

We are very loyal to la quinta and usually very happy with the hotel chain. Maybe La Quinta just purchased this property and haven't had time to renovate. The sheets and towels were clean. I was just disappointed because of the price we paid for our 2 day stay was very expensive for the quality.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Mechanicsburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I've stayed here about 4 times and have always been welcomed warmly and served very well. The staff is polite and friendly and they serve a good breakfast on hotel standards. The room I had this time needed a bit of TLC but Beds were comfortable and TV was newer.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

This was my first stay in a La Quinta in a long time . The room was nicely decorated and of a good size. We had out dog and the staff made us and the dog feel very welcome, the breakfast was absolutely fabulous much better than most places we have stayed ,

Deluth, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Rooms were very clean and well maintained. Beds were comfortable and pillows were not flat pancakes. Good variety of items available for breakfast. Staff was accommodating and friendly. Would defiantly stay here again if we traveled to the area again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Columbus, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Compared to the other La Quinta properties and the hotels in the area, this one was a disappointment. The vintage smell and drab look of the lobby entrance wasn't appealing to the eye and the staff that I encountered throughout my trip, all seemed to have an "I don't care attitude." When I got to my room, that was another step back in time, as the only modern upgrade seemed to be the bathroom and the TV. The bed was rock hard and the only thing that was good about it, were the cool comfort pillows. Let's not even talk about the "breakfast." In general...if all you plan to do is sleep..it works

independence, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

motel was very clean. beds were great the eggs and bacon was good . I would recommend this motel to everyone . it was the first time we took our little dogs .they were welcomed as well and didn't charge extra .

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Atlanta Duluth? Share your experiences!