“Nice, quiet, and clean!” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Atlanta Duluth
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2370 Stephens Center Dr, Duluth, GA 30096   |
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Duluth
Chicago, Illinois USA & Cairo, Egypt
“Nice, quiet, and clean!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

We went here to visit Koreatown in Atlanta, which is in Duluth, GA. The rooms are nice and quite clean. All the basic things are included. Free internet password. Refrigerator, microwave, hair dryer, in-room coffee (but not that great tasting), ironing board, and cable TV (standard).

They were really accommodating to our request to be away from the elevator on a higher floor.

The breakfast was a little disappointing. Maybe because it was Christmas day, but they didn't have much staff on hand. The receptionist was also the one who took care of the breakfast, so he was pretty slow. The hot food items were all gone, and none came out again until we had finished our breakfast with all the dried goods instead. Not bad, but not great service here. That's our only complaint.

Room Tip: away from elevator
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Locust, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

The staff was friendly and efficient. The room was clean and added bonus of refrigerator and microwave!! Thick towels also a plus. We were surprised to have such a nice breakfast available the next morning. Will stay here again if we ever get this way!!!

Room Tip: On the higher floors and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

No problem with staff, service, breakfast, or room. So what's the problem?

BRING EARPLUGS!

Unfortunately, we had no idea that they allowed dogs in the hotel - bad on us and the rest of the guests. When we arrived and went upstairs we could hear a dog barking it's head off through the walls, into the elevator. I went down to the desk to inquire about this. I was told by the nice girl that yes, they do allow dogs and they had tried to contact the owners, but were unsuccessful. This didn't help matters; only made things miserable for the rest of the guests. To top it off, later that evening, we discovered another couple with TWO little yapping terriers were moved up to our floor. !!!! What's wrong here---??? Could it be that the dog is receiving more consideration than other paying guests?? This should not be so - anywhere. Don't get me wrong--- I like dogs. But I also like Giraffes and Elephants, but don't bring them with me when I travel.

Room Tip: Find a hotel that does not cater to animals, and will cater to humans.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We have stayed in this hotel for years to attend various functions in the Atlanta, GA area. We have always had decent experiences and never thought I would be sharing a story like this.
I went to sleep around 11pm, woke up at 12am with an itch on my neck, didnt think anything of it, so i drifted back to sleep. At 1am I woke up with a slight stinging sensation in my each and went to itch it, I pulled out a bed bug!!!! At first I didnt know what it was, but then did some research on my laptop as I was disgusted and petrified at this point that I found a bug in my ear! The bad part is, I am in the habit of checking the bed and moving the linens to check the seams of the mattress prior to settling into a room.
I took the little nasty creatures down to the front desk where staff were not helpful, there was no manager available because it was, by this time, 1:45am. The staff working stated that they have never had this situation before and offered no solution but a refund of my money for the night. I checked out of the hotel.
The hotel shou;ld regularly being conducting pest control spraying to help aleviate this problem as when there is an infestation of bed bugs, it is really hard to get rid of them and beds usually need to be completely replaced instead of treated. Anyhow...be very careful with this hotel as it is confirmed that they have bed bugs and are not proactive on taking care of the problem. La Quinta should be embarrassed by both the problem and the professionalism of the staff handling problems encountered by guests.
I have also contacted the Gwinnett County Health Department as well.

Room Tip: Use a magnifying glass and an LED Flashlight to check the seams of the mattress before you get into...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed in this La Quinta for a few days. We have family in the area and will use this hotel again. Our dog is always welcome and the staff is very nice. Good location.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My fiance and I needed to make a weekend trip to visit with family. Normally I board my small dogs in a local kennel, but because we newly brought a rescued pet into our home and the puppies are still in transition, we decided to find a hotel that allowed pets.

We chose LaQuinta based on reviews and the location was convenient for manipulating the travel between family. We were pleasantly surprised to find the hotel was newer, clean and the staff pleasant. The area for walking our puppies was appropriate for our needs.

The rooms are spacious, the refigerator a great benefit for storing puppy food and drinks. The breakfast was better than the average, although as my fiance is a vegetarian and a diabetic, we found the breakfast could be improved by adding more fruit options. Overall we had no complaints, the breakfast included sauage, bacon and eggs. Sugar free syrup is available for the waffles, and the pastries were individually wrapped which was a nice sanitary change from the usual.

We found LaQuinta to exceed our expectations and to be a great value. The only problem we had was initially locating the Inn, as it is off the main road and not easily noticable at first. We were very thankful to have our GPS. We would gladly return to this LaQuinta Inn location.

Room Tip: If traveling with pets, I would ask for a room away from traffic.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Chillicothe, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

This hotel was very clean in all the area's we viewed. Our room was on the first floor right next to the breakfast room, but we never heard any noise from outside the room on either of the weekend days that we stayed there. The room had a king size bed with more than plenty of room for a desk, chair, TV and dresser. Everything was clean and neat. The bathroom was more than ample for 2 people. The front desk associates were very courteous and helpful. For the inexpesive rate we paid for the weekend, it was much better than most other hotels of this caliber. The only negative we had was the location was a little difficult to find. You have to drive thru a parking lot and then on a road that doesn't look like it would lead to a hotel to find the hotel. Kind of quirky!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Atlanta Duluth? Share your experiences!