“Best Value in Duluth!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Duluth
Lawrenceville, GA
“Best Value in Duluth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

Sun Suites has great weekly and nightly rates, especially for all that you get. I have stayed in many places that have less amenities in the room, yet cost more per night. The front desk and cleaning staff are very courteous and willing to help. Monique was the best!! She was very personable, sweet, and wanted us to get the best deal she could. I really liked Shawn, as well. The only negative thing I could have to say about it is where it is located. The area is fine, but getting in and out can be a pain sometimes. There's only one entrance and you can't turn left out of it, but you can U-turn right there, so it really isn't that bad.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

This is a older motel, but it doesn't stop it from being a clean quiet place to stay. I spent a week there and I was treated very nicely from the time I checked in, to the time that I checked out. Shawn who works the front desk was a very nice and polite person to me, He went out of his way to make sure that I had the kind of room that I wanted.He even went as far to tell me to check out the room that he gave me, and said that once I went into the room, if it wasn't the room that I liked he would move me into one that I did like. The room was very clean and nice. It is a perfect room for a extended stay as it has a kitchen in it, I plan on staying in it again in the future.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

I was very sceptical at first when our company ask us to do an online research on hotels in the Duluth area, took us about 1 week to pick Sunsuites extended stay of duluth. I read a few reviews and didn`t pay much attention because it was minor problems. My coleague decided to call to verify to verify that it was the best choice, WOW!!! we spoke to an associate name Monique Adams; and she assured us that we made the right choice and offered the amenities that we were looking for, after 5mins of the conversation, my coleague gave the thumbs up. Checked in on October 9th, the service at check-in was beyond expectation. The Front Desk Staff was excellent, Housekeeping did a great job cleaning our room and attended to every request. I will recommended this Hotel to my friends, family and co-workers. Thank you guys for making our trip a success.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

Checked in for what was to be a 9 day stay. Because of the length of stay, I was looking for something really inexpensive, which the Sun Suites is: $36 + tax per night. My expectations were not high given the price. By the way, Google Maps gets the address on the wrong side of the freeway - not the hotel's fault of course. I was surprised that I had to pay for the whole 9 days at the time of checkin. The only receipt they had for me was the credit card slip.

I had reserved a Queen room, but the room had a Full bed. I was too tired to care so didn't try to change rooms. There was a small table in the kitchenette area, but no desk. Disappointing to me as I was more interested in using my laptop than sitting down to a meal, but might be the right setup for others. The room had an unpleasant odor, but again, not so bad that I was willing to go to the effort to switch rooms.

By now I had also discovered that the hot water came out of the sink's faucet in only a trickle, and the cold water not at all. I checked the valves under the sink and sure enough they were turned off or nearly off. But when I turned them on fully, the water came out of the faucet at full force and couldn't be turned off. So I had to close the valves again. Then the toilet clogged. I went downstairs to inform them and the person at the front desk said: "Just a sec, let me get you a plunger". Which they did and I fixed the clog.

All-in-all, it was simply not a pleasant experience, so I decided I would check out in the morning. I went downstairs at 6:45, but the front desk doesn't open till 7:00. I did get checked out, but they charged me some extra fee for the early checkout. Again, the only receipt was the credit card slip, so no detail on the charge vs the room rate and taxes.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Great deal at $54 for one night, booked on Expedia - suite was VERY roomy with a kitchenette, sitting area that was perfect for using our laptops with the free WiFi, nice sink/vanity area and two double beds.

Very safe area, and excellent location as far as shopping and restaurant choices.

The only drawbacks were no ventilation/fan in the bathroom, and the room had kind of a "food/b.o." smell that was remedied with some perfume that we sprayed around the room.

It isn't glamorous, but was comfortable enough and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

This hotel is close to lots of shopping and a variety of restuarants. It a few miles from Dave and Busters and the mall too.

My room was very clean, and it had a FULL kitchen in it (no oven). All appliances worked properly and it was stocked with cooking and eating utensils, and even food storage containers. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2010
NW in South
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2007

Key cards demagnetize and no after hours # for emergency (outside of call 911, I am sure the cop's want to talk to me about my key card problem). So alas I am without a room to sleep in until 7am when they open the office, we'll still waiting they have 15 minutes. While Travelocity tried they have no special access as their ads might claim so they could not help. Everything else just states cheap extended stay hotel where they have cut the corners anywhere they can. Property is run down, maintenance is lacking; refrigerator door doesn't close properly, 1 bar of soap (not restocked), I could say more but since I am currently lacking any sleep I will leave it at that.

I will try to follow up to see what they do about my situation but since I am the 4th person I have met tonight with key card trouble I am not too hopeful.

All I can say is if you stay here, GOOD LUCK!!!!!

• Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sun Suites of Gwinnett? Share your experiences!