“What a dump” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Studio 6 Atlanta Gwinnett Place

Studio 6 Atlanta Gwinnett Place
You added Studio 6 Atlanta Gwinnett Place to your Saves list
Studio 6 Atlanta Gwinnett Place
3525 Breckinridge Boulevard, I-85 at Pleasant Hill Road Exit, Duluth, GA 30096   |
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Duluth
Knoxville, Tennessee
“What a dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

You get what you pay for, so if you've been living out of your car, this would be a step up for you. Reserved a room on Friday, got there on Monday and they hadn't cleaned the room. Lugged everything upstairs and got a little scared about security. The sheets and blankets were so shabby. There were burnholes in the beadspread and some kind of nasty dust bunnies all over the other bedspread. The boxspring and mattress looked like something I'd see on the side of the highway. No closet, just a wire rack and some broken hangers. Toilet didn't flush and was continuously running. Called the front office and she again could have cared less. Said they could come fix it on Monday. Whatever. I didn't even want to sit on the bed, much less sleep there. Couldn't wait to leave and go back to the more expensive (but SO much nicer) place I had stayed the week before. (Candlewood Suites, just down the street)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Gainesville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

My sister and I went to Duluth, GA for the women's SEC basketball tournament and are currently staying at this hotel. This is our 3rd night and we couldn't be happier. This place is clean, has a fully equiped kitchen, large room, coffee maker, tv, safe and quiet area, and only 10 minute drive to Gwinnett Center Arena. We booked online, but upon arrival the helpful and very kind general manager, Karen, found and offered us an even cheaper rate for a 3 night stay with a special hotel rate, less than $50 total including tax. The customer service was friendly and helpful from the general manager, Karen, and whoever had problems that I read about in a previous review makes me think that it was a problem with that reviewer, and not the staff here. That reviewer said you would only get good service if you were African American, which I am not, but I have been treated in an excellent, professional manner. Shortly after I got my key and went in the room the front desk even called the room to make sure everything was in order and asked if I needed anything. The wireless internet works very well and only costs $4.95 for the entire stay. Pets are allowed for only $10 per night and there are grassy areas with pick up bags available to clean up after your pet. This is not a 5 star hotel as the carpet is a bit worn in places and some of the tiles need recaulking, but we are very pleased and would certainly stay here again for the price, safety, and service. Room service is not provided daily, but there were 4 towels in the room and a trash can outside, if you need to empty your trash. The maid also offered us extra towels and soap when she saw us the first day. You will need to bring your own shampoo, conditioner, and hairdryer, if you need one. There is a Publix just down the road where one can stock up on groceries if one so desires. I will definitely stay here again when in the Atlanta area and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this facility to anyone.

• Stayed March 2010
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

We were in town for a wedding. We also were traveling with 2 dogs. We were very happy with our choice of Studio 6. Check-in was quick, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and our dogs were very comfortable in an air-conditioned room in their cages instead of at the vet in an open air kennel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

The overall value is amazing although they do try to nickel and dime you as far as if you have more than one person they make sure they charge you addition (which is no different than other hotels.) The room was overall clean and MOST of the hotel staff was friendly with the exception of the very person I would think would try to bend over backwards for the guest which is the manager. This Karen...she was just as hateful as they came...that is unless you are African American..then you will get true courtesy. She was just downright condescending and rude..even got loud with me! Don't get me wrong..the hotel was great, the location was wonderful but how can someone stay at a place where the main person that runs the show is so hate filled and rude?

• Liked — The value was wonderful
  • Disliked — The racist manager
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Studio 6 Atlanta Gwinnett Place? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Studio 6 Atlanta Gwinnett Place

Address: 3525 Breckinridge Boulevard, I-85 at Pleasant Hill Road Exit, Duluth, GA 30096
Location: United States > Georgia > Duluth
Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Duluth
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets and Expedia so you can book your Studio 6 Atlanta Gwinnett Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Studio 6 Atlanta Gwinnett Place, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.