“Watch Your Wallet” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Dublin
Suwanee, GA
“Watch Your Wallet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

They triple charged me for a three day stay. Three separate charges a few minutes apart for the same room on the same two days. I have contacted them repeatedly to have the charges reversed. They have not returned my calls, acknowledged the error, or reversed the charges. Hilton customer service was apologetic but ultimately no help. Unfortunately I had to get my credit card company involved.

At this point I have to wonder if it was a mistake or just theft. If you stay at this hotel check your bill and credit card statement closely. Better yet, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

On a spur of the moment decision we decided to go to Dublin. Despite the fact that I have always stayed at the Hampton Inn everytime I go to Dublin, this time I decided to check the reviews, we almost went somewhere else but my husband pointed out that I have never had a problem staying there before. Well to my surprise after reading the reviews, it was the same wonderful place it always has been. DO NOT BELIEVE THE BAD REVIEWS. The staff was friendly and caring and the rooms were exceptional, VERY clean as always and well appointed. I can't say enough good about this hotel. Southern hospitality at it's best. Great value for your money. Thank you, The Lawtons

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sapphire, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I was a little sceptical, but we got the room, and wah lah....its nice! I expect a nice room from Hampton Inn's, and this room kept up with my expectations. Pleasently suprized! 89.00....but worth it. Got my sweetie, got a clean nice room with internet and a six pack...happy!

Room Tip: I'm a smoker and they do have nice clean rooms for even us evil smokers.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbus, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel for several weeks. After my first miserable night I continued to stay here only to maintain my Hilton reward status. Had this not been the only way to maintain my Hhonors status, I would not have continued to stay.

So the hotel is livable, but quite a bit below average Hilton standards. This is a franchise hotel run by people who appear to do only the minimum to maintain their status. This means they get by barely and nothing more. The management is the kind that argues with you that the smoky room you were sent to was a non-smoking room and tells you that you are the only one who has ever complained.

The hotel is an older motel style with all outside rooms. It is one of the older hotels in town. The hotel is furthest away from nearby dining. It is very close to a truck stop. Smoking rooms are in the back of the hotel and management is proud to have these rooms. Many construction people stay here and drive their diesel trucks which may wake you early in the morning. Many of these guys seem to love to drink and smoke and loudly converse right outside the rooms. Local children or the children of employees use the pool which on rare occasions leaves little room for anyone else. There are no microwaves or refrigerators in the rooms. This is bad when traveling with food or medication that needs refrigeration and worse when the nearby Motel 8 and other lesser brands provide these amenities. This Hampton Inn will offer the hotel’s refrigerator and microwave which just does not seem safe either way. If you complain loudly you may get a fridge or microwave in your room. I have been in a few of the rooms at this hotel and some of the nonsmoking rooms had been noticeably smoked in. There is no gym or safe place to walk. Owners or employees are regularly on the computer or in the lobby hanging out. Guaranteed crt TV in all rooms, no flat screen plasma or lcd TVs. They do have HBO and Showtime and wireless internet. There is no elevator.

Early in my stay I noticed black soot washing from my feet in my morning shower. I would shower before bed with only a short walk to the bed at night. When I returned to the bathroom for my morning shower my feet were filthy. I had to ask to get the carpet cleaned which they did immediately. I had to ask to get unsoiled furniture. I was supplied with yellowed towels most times. I had to point out the hair and dirt on the coffee pot to the manager in person as she did not believe me as to how dirty the rooms were.

Early in my stay I noticed my sheets would not be changed for the entire week, even after leaving the card to change the sheets on the bed. I complained and resorted to marking the sheets on future stays to be sure they were changed at least every three days.

Many days I would not get a paper delivered which may seem picky to some. However I hated going to the office in the evening to get a paper as the lobby was almost always very smoky. Just going in for a minute left my clothes smelling and a terrible taste in my mouth. Apparently a worker smokes in an adjacent room to the lobby. In the morning the lobby is not bad, but I avoided the lobby as there was no way I was eating there. They regularly received a low health department grade which included deficiencies in covering stored food, cleaning and sanitizing food contact surfaces, personal cleanliness, and having a person present demonstrating knowledge and able to preform duties.

There were more problems but most reading this will get the big picture. If you still choose to stay here, it is great with me. The better hotels in Dublin fill up fast and with people staying at The Hampton Inn there is a better chance of me getting a room at the better hotels. As a final insult, the hotel and Hilton Hhonors suggested I find another hotel if I was so unhappy. So I picked up my unhappy but and went elsewhere where I believe I am appreciated.

Room Tip: No elevator but upper rooms less used and no noise from above.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Dublin hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

This Hampton is an older design with outside entrances. Immaculately clean & well cared for. Room was great. Staff very cordial. We loved it! We stay in Hampton Inns all the time & would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed May 2011
Lawrenceville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

Room was old with grungy carpet,and a tv that is older than I am.....didn't even know that they made tube TVs anymore! Was assigned a handicapped room under a set of old metal stairs that made a TON of noise when anyone went up or down. No mini fridge like most hampton inns. Outside room access did not make me feel very secure traveling by myself.... Especially with a pack of construction workers drinking on the second floor breezeway! The handicapped railing in bathroom was rusty and just plain gross....I wore my flip flops in the shower to be safe....no amenities, no fitness center, not even a treadmill! Not

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
canton, georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

We had a good nights sleep, and a fair breakfast. Internet was good, and the beds were comfortable. We had a good shower. I was surprised at the negative comments about location. It was near the interstate, and their were tons of restaurants and places nearby. I saw no reason to be afraid in the area. We would stay there again if we were in the area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn - Dublin? Share your experiences!