“Very relaxing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Dublin
Athens, Georgia, United States
“Very relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here for one night and it was a wonderful experience! We had a whirlpool room and it was very relaxing. The front desk was extremely friendly and courteous. The room was quiet and extremely clean! It is literally right behind Ruby Tuesdays, so we walked there for a nice dinner. It was a great trip to say the least.

One note, Google Maps was extremely off in their directions, so if using them be sure to double check it. The staff helped a ton with getting us to the hotel.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a whirlpool room for a very small cost. I highly recommend the upgrade!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Like others, I am an avid traveler that expects a certain "bang for the buck" from hotels, restaurants, etc. On one of my 6/year trips to Florida, and due to the recent tropical storm heading toward central Florida, I decided to veer from my normal I-75 route and head down I-16 toward Savannah and then down I-95. Dublin, GA is just about the only town with services past Macon until you hit I-95 so I google'd and Trip Advisor'd the area. As a Platinum member, I turned to this HI Express which had very good reviews.
Easily located off the interstate and near numerous gas stations and eateries, this location is perfect for the 1-night stay...fyi, other than eat and sleep there is nothing else in this town. Be aware, this hotel and other "lesser" ones in the immediate area seem to cater to work crews and several long-term motel residents which may or may not be an issue.
As mentioned by others, the lobby and other common areas were well kept and the desk clerk was over-the-top friendly and accommodating. My room had all the typical HI Express appointments and AT FIRST appeared adequate for my stay. It wasn't until a middle of the night bathroom visit did I truly notice the less than adequacy. Now, I'm not your zealous germ-aphobe BUT am concerned with health especially regarding hotels/restaurants. I typically carry a small can of Lysol to give the sheets and toilet a booster shot more out of piece of mind. Only from a particular angle did I noticed that under the entire toilet rim was a hideous black mold clearly indicating what I call lack of attention to detail. I later reported this upon check out and the clerk only seemed shocked and gave the typical I'm so sorry response. I typically wear socks in a hotel just as an added layer of protection and upon placing my dirty clothes in a bag I noticed the filth (on white socks). I then took a full light view of the carpet and understood why.
Even though I couldn't wait to leave the room, knowing I had a long day's drive ahead force me to pause and take advantage of the included breakfast. I normally look forward to HI Express' breakfast which basically the same regardless of location, but I found this site's rendition less than adequate. Biggest issue was the supposed hot foods were just luke warm and hard (eggs, biscuits...).
In all, I'm disappointed with this (Dublin, GA) HI Express. I should have gone my standard route (I-75) and stopped at the HI Express in Cordele which is ideal. Even if I would have had to "weather" the storm, it would have been after a better stay and meal. One final note (about Dublin), I'm not a large consumer of alcohol but do like a glass of wine or beer with dinner. Dublin, GA does not serve alcohol on Sunday (my arrival date). They do know it's 2012 don't they?

Room Tip: Front is more quiet away from the frontage road and I-16.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dublin, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear roadwarrior-1_AL,

Getting a very detailed review is greatly appreciated. I am glad you liked the great location of our hotel due to its accessibility as well as our accommodating hotel staff. I am truly sorry the food served, condition of the bathroom and the room accommodations you received was not satisfactory and fell below your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the Manager on duty.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stopped at this hotel just after midnight on our way thru town. The front desk attendant was very friendly and upgraded our room at no extra charge! The breakfast was probsably the best we've had at a continental breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We were on our way to Savannah from Atlanta and decided to stop for one night in Dublin, GA. The Holiday Inn Express was very comfortable. The staff and complimentarty breakfast was very good. We swam in the outdoor pool with the hum of I-16 close by and walked over to TGIF's for a drink but went to old town Dublin (? 3 miles away) and had an excellent dinner at Deano's.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Marietta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

It's the nicest hotel in town. Stay in the rooms in the front, as the highway is noisy in the back. It's got a great lobby and those delicious cinnamon buns. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I stay in a lot of Holiday Inn Express hotels and this is one of the best-run hotels in their chain. You will not go wrong here, I promise.

Room Tip: Stay in the front part of the hotel as the highway noise is greater in the back.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed 3 nights with the Georgia Tandem Rally group. This hotel was great. Very comfortable rooms and beds. Most importantly, the entire staff was full of true "Southern Hospitality". They were ready with answers to all our questions, where's the best place for lunch?, where's the nearest Wal Mart? where's the best sandwich shop? Eager to please and so accommodating. The BEST part was we had over 150 bicycle riders staying here and most went to the breakfast area at the same time. The staff was totally prepared for us - keeping the breakfast bar fully stocked and replenished until the last cyclist had their fill. From an experienced cycling group traveler, this is a MUST and they get A++ for it! Thank you for the great hospitality - hope our group returns to Dublin soon.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

The Hotel and room was immaculate. The bed and the pillows very comfortable and sheets clean and fresh. The breakfast was free . There is a nice outdoor pool and exercise room and there are excellent restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dublin? Share your experiences!