“very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Dublin
A TripAdvisor Member
“very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I am very picky on the cleanliness of my hotel rooms and I was very delightfully surprised on how clean not only the room was but the bathroom. The front desk staff was very friendly and polite. Easy access on and off the highway.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

My stay was amazing. I didn't want to leave. The staff was so nice and friendly. Breakfast was very good. They had a different variety of food to choose from. The pool was nice not to cold. I had a wonderful experience, and I didn't want to leave.

SPRING HILL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Needed a half way point stay for our trip from FL to SC/NC. We have tried other routes, hotel chains, & cities, but this stop has been the best yet for this particular trip we take. We shall be staying here again on our to/from trips between SC/NC & FL. The city location for the trip was perfect, and we were more than pleasantly surprised when we arrived to discover that the hotel was near the route we took as well as Rte. 16, on a cul de sac. Though near the highway, the hotel was quiet. There are 3 restaurants (Zaxby's, Cracker Barrel, Longhorn Steak House) across the parking lot. The visitor center is also located on this street. It was so nice not to have to get in our car to find a dinner location, after a long day of driving. The location felt very safe.

The hotel appears to be relatively new. Outside appearance is nice, as are the lobby and breakfast eating area. We were pleasantly greeted by the front desk. Our room was clean and comfortable. Our room had a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot. Coffee was also available in the lobby at all times. A most pleasant discovery was an indoor heated pool (between 80 & 85 degrees) and spa (100 - 104 degrees) that were actually heated!. It was very clean with lots of towels. We had a flat screen TV with abundant channels. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was standard hotel fare, but the selection was fine. The only negative that we experienced was a midnight fire alarm that went off...certainly scared us, but it went off quickly & we were able to resume sleep.

The hotel seems a little overpriced for the Dublin/mid GA area. Other hotels may be the same, as it appears to be a business oriented area. This was definitely the best mid GA hotel that I have stayed in, so the few extra dollars cost per night was outweighed by the positive aspects of the hotel & location.

We enjoyed our stay enough that we booked our trip back at this same location. Both stays were very good, and the second one did not include a fire alarm. The heated pool/spa, close proximity of three restaurants, cleanliness of the hotel, and pleasant service left us with a very good feeling about this hotel

Room Tip: Stayed on both the 2nd (king size bed) & 3rd floors (2 queens) north side facing the highway...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Simons Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

This LQ has won awards for being best in the system, and they are well deserved! The staff is super friendly, rooms well-appointed, quiet, and clean, and the breakfast is delicious. If you ever have the occasion to stay in Dublin, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Saint Simons Island, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The review of this hotel is based solely on the actions of one individual. The hotel itself was very nice and comfortable, and I had no complaints. Unfortunately, it takes only one hotel employee of inexperience, poor judgment, and dishonesty to bring the whole experience down to the point we will never return. My wife and I always travel with two small dogs, and have to select from a rather small pool of pet-friendly hotels. But, we have found some excellent ones, and until now have never had a complaint of any kind on any of them. This time, we needed a one-night stop on the way home from Atlanta to St. Simons Island, and this LaQuinta in Dublin looked to be perfect. Besides having a nice, clean exterior, it was located right behind a Cracker Barrel Restaurant, where we could walk to dinner.
Before I go on with the review, I will state that I am familiar with all pet-friendly hotels having a rule not to leave pets unattended in the rooms. But this is a rule that nobody pays attention to, as we have met and become friends with other travelers that leave their pets in the room, usually just to go to dinner. We even met a couple with a pet at this hotel who does the same thing, and they advised us that they stay here all the time. All of these pet-friendly hotels ignore this rule as long as there is no major drama involved, which there isn’t 99% of the time. Our dogs, like all other dogs, will bark at the door for 2 minutes or so when we leave the room. Then they realize we aren’t coming back for a while and will go settle down and be quiet. So on this night, at around 5:30 in the afternoon, we left the hotel to go eat dinner at Cracker Barrel. We had been gone about 15 minutes, and had not even placed our order when my wife’s cell phone rang. It was the female clerk at the front desk saying we needed to return to the room immediately, as our dogs had been barking non-stop for 45 minutes and she had gotten 3 complaints. We got up from the table without ordering and returned to the room. I walked past the clerk at the front desk, who was at that time checking someone in. Our room was on the first floor just down from the lobby. As I walked down the hall, I heard nothing but silence, and then approached our door and stood there for about 5 minutes and still not a sound coming from the room. Even when we entered the room, the dogs greeted us with only a tail-wag and silence.
I returned back to the front desk, and the clerk had finished with the other customer. I told her that there were two things I didn’t appreciate her doing. First, I don’t want a desk clerk calling my cell when I am away from the room. She is the last person I want to hear from unless the place is burning down. Any other trivial matter can wait and then you call my room. My cell phone is not for your access. Secondly, I didn’t appreciate her lying about our dogs. She said they had not stopped barking for 45 minutes and we had only been gone for 15 minutes. She said she had 3 complaints, and there were barely 3 cars in the parking lot at that time, so I knew that also was a lie. I am sure she probably got one complaint, but instead of calling my cell phone and lying and embellishing, her response should have been to remind the complainant that this is a dog-friendly hotel and it is 5:30 in the afternoon, so the guests probably stepped out for dinner, and give it an hour or so for them to return to the hotel. But I know my dogs had stopped barking after we had been gone for only 2 minutes, so the complaint had to come from some unpalatable person at that very moment. The clerk’s attitude toward me was not one of apology, but of arrogance and intimidation. I sincerely hope she has some kind of hidden personality traits that can attract other guests because she has lost my wife and I from ever staying here again.
This review was written for Monday night, March 10th, 2014.

Room Tip: My only tip would be to find out the desk ckerk's name and not stay there when she is working.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Dublin? Share your experiences!