“Sliced Beed and Sliced Turkey” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Sandwiches, Barbecue, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Hazlehurst, Georgia, United States
“Sliced Beed and Sliced Turkey”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I visited your restaurant in Dublin, Georgia today about 3:00 pm. We travel 55 miles to eat there and up until today we were pleased with our meal. I have always filled out the comments card. Today, we were extremely disappointed with the meats. We ordered what we call the "Dieter's Plate" which includes salad bar and choice of meat. My husband ordered sliced beef and it was hard (either burnt or left out and dried) and my smoked turkey which I love looked as if it had been left out and it dried up. That is not Sonny's meats. It was a bad experience. They did not charge us for my husband's meal but that does not help when your whole experience of eating at a restaurant that you love is destroyed. We will not return. The waitress was great. She apologized for the problem. Hopefully, you can correct this problem. Our names are David and Patricia Bird and we live at 30 Juniper Lane, Hazlehurst, Ga. 31539 and we are both seniors.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Sylacauga, Alabama
“Just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I ordered the brisket, and it was OK. I ordered the mac and cheese, and it was OK. Nothing outstanding, and nothing terrible. The service was OK. Not very busy at lunch, and I see why.
Probably will go to another place when I want BBQ.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toomsboro, Georgia, United States
“Not Consistent in Quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The quality is great one trip and not another. We used to frequently stop here because my husband loves ribs, but one time they are great, the next they are burnt.

Visited August 2012
Eastman GA
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have lost respect for Sonny's over the last year or two. They used to be better, but everything tasted old and processed. Our server was probably the best part of the evening. The salad bar was good, but if you want some BBQ, there is another just a half mile down the road and there is no comparison.

Visited September 2011
Columbus, GA
“My Go To BBQ in Dublin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Because this is a chain, you are pretty sure to get fairly consistent food here. Sonny's is Sonny's. I'm not from Dublin, but work here and when I want BBQ, this is where I go. Sure there is Buffalo's and the other chain restaurants, but Sonny's is as good as it gets for a true BBQ experience for me.

My partner likes to go early to ensure getting fresh options at the salad bar. The restaurant is really never crowded and we have always had a pleasant meal here. There are very few diners in Dublin that eat late, so there may only be a couple people eating if you go around 8PM. I like to just get a rack of ribs or a pound of ribs and skip the meals that come with the sides.

For Dublin, where there is not a ton of choices, this is a good bet for a good salad or a very good meat meal. In Dublin, Sonny's gets a Very Good rating.

• Visited September 2011