“Delicious Thai Cuisine in Douglasville” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 161 Restaurants in Douglasville
Cuisines: Thai
Douglasville, Georgia
“Delicious Thai Cuisine in Douglasville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My family has dined at Taste of Thai several times. It is consistently very good.

The satay and spring roll appetizers are well-prepared and tasty. The sauces for each appetizer compliment the food very well and enhance the flavor. Traditional Thai dishes (Pad Thai, Panang Curry, etc.) are authentic and delicious. You can chose the spice level of your dishes and if you select "four pepper" spice level it will be quite hot and spicy.

Portions are reasonable sized and are a good value for the price. Service is attentive and professional.

The door to their restaurant is difficult to open so be prepared to struggle with it. However it is definitely worth the effort for Taste of Thai's authentic, delicious Thai Cuisine.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Villa Rica, Georgia
“Secret Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

You'd never think to look for such a good Thai restaurant nestled into a side strip mall (although nice one) off a main drag in Douglasville. But there it is, near an ink place and an ice cream parlor. The food is fabulous and fresh. The wait staff is very pleasant. And it is immaculate! I've never had anything to eat there that wasn't very good. The only downside is that the wait for food is typically longer than your typical chain restaurant, but then again this is a popular place (because it's that good) and the food is truly made to order. It is worth the wait (I checked reviews here before I went the first time, some tie ago, and that was what they said and they were right!).

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta Area
“Surprise in a strip mall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Well, we WERE surprised the first time we went there. Been back several times. Always a treat. We've tried several things over the past few years and always come away satisfied. As my wife isn't in to the "spicy" things, it is important to emphasis to your waitstaff that you want MILD. The basil rolls and sauce are a great way to start. I tried the Bangkok Chicken tonight for the first time. Excellent! Battered and deep fried in a thin "tempura" type way, just right. Served with a "special Thai sauce" that was just the right spicy hotness for me. The crispness of the chicken remained even with the sauce. Nice. I put that on my "will order again" list.

Atmosphere: A small place, welcoming, maybe 12 - 15 tables. Nice decor, typical of a Thai type place. Great for a couple get-a-way. Tonight (Saturday evening) was busy, but often we have dined with only 1 or 2 other tables occupied. We have never felt "rushed."

I picked this for my 66th birthday dinner, so you know I like it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
United States
“Great Coconut Soup and Panang Curry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a tasty Thai restaurant at a reasonable price on the West Side of Atlanta in Douglasville, GA. The coconut soup and panang curry are awesome.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I love Thai food. We ordered the calamari which was pretty good. Sauce was so so. The basil spring rolls which I loved very fresh. My husband wasn't a fan. We each ordered a pangang dish. I really enjoyed that. I tried the coconut soup because of all the great recommendations but was a little disappointed. It was freezing inside. To the point we ate fairly quickly and didn't linger because we were way too cold to take our coats off. That was a little disappointing. Service was pretty good very quick. shared mango sticky rice dessert. If u like rice pudding you'll love this.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere