“Nice Getaway for couples” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Douglasville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tupelo
“Nice Getaway for couples”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Spent one night here on Saturday July 9th, 2011.

This was a couples getaway. The hotel was very accessible, and very clean.

All the staff were friendly and accommodating. My only complaint was that the frotn desk signed me up for their frequent traveler program without asking me first. Other than that, no complaints.

This was a couples getaway, so we chose a room with a jacuzzi.

This was not your typical run-of-the-mill jacuzzi. This was a gigantic two-person jacuzzi. This thing was so big you could almost sleep in it. The jets were not too strong, but be forewarned - if you are a petite person, the jets will literally scoot you across the tub. One of the most hilarious sight I have ever seen!

They also advertise a heart-shaped jacuzzi, but I don't think it could have compared to this one.

Granted, the $149 rate 'stung' a little bit, but this room was so nice, I would gladly stay here agian.

This was a non-smoking room, and it smelled CLEAN. Not from cleaning chemicals, just a pure clean smell.

The location is great - just far enough from the interstate, and just far enough from the highway so that noise is a non-issue. Close to just about any restaurant you could think of, and lots of great shopping nearby, including a mall.

Gipson's Bar is about a half-mile away, a landmark nightspot in Douglasville.

If you stay in Douglasville, consider the Comfort Inn - you won't be disappointed.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I had a blast excellent service -very personalized ...management was friendly..will strongly recommend!!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Allen-Hospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 4, 2011
Good day,

My name is Evon Allen, my company Evon Allen Hospitality Management has been contracted since August 2011 to operate the property and we are estatic that you found the stay up to par in service and quality.

We hope you choose to stay with us in the future as we have a number of capital improvements lined up which will greater impact the quality of your stay.

Thank you again for posting your comments and thank you for traveling.
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I had to go upto the Atlanta area for a family issue. I have a friend who lives in Douglasville, so I decided to stay in hotel near her so I might get a quick visit in. From the moment I walked upto the front desk the I felt welcome! Both people at the desk greeted me and even made me smile on what was a very trying day! My room was clean and updated. I was near the fitness room and took a quick peek in, but didn't have time to use it. It looked clean and orderly, and the equipment looked to be in good shape. The parking lot was well lit. Since i travel alone quite a bit I truly appreciate any added sense of security. The only issue I had was it was tricky finding my way into the hotel. GA DOT has redone the exit ramp in front of the hotel so you have to kind of go up and around the block to get there.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Allen-Hospitality, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Good day,

My name is Evon Allen. My company Evon Allen Hospitality Management took over the operation of the hotel as of August 15, 2011 and I do remember meeting you at checkin. I was the gentleman. Thank you for sharing the experience online.

We tend to make the workplace a fun place which inturn makes the interaction with the guest a more pleasant one. We are happy that our environment helped to make your day a better one and we appreciate having been given the opportunity to serve.

Since your last sttay the DOT and I have had dialogue and they have installed "TrailBlazers" on the main road (Fairburn Rd / GA92). These trailblazers are directional signs that aid the travellers by means of our logo and arrows to the new route to get to the property. The DOT recently completed a massive project rebuilding the I-95 overpass and re-structuring of the exit ramp. This project has beautified the infrastructure of the exit but created a maze for the hotels. The trailblazer signs have been a great help and the feedback from guest like yourself has been very positive. We are now waiting on the city to re-locate the street sign with the street's name so it is more visible and more lit so the area can once again become visitor friendly via signage.
Russellville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

My friends and I was on the road all after noon stopped at the comfort Inn thiking it was the Days Inn. It was late at night. We stayed there so on our way back from our cruise we thought we were at the Days Inn again. The lady desk clerk was very nice and told me I didn't have a reservation so I asked did they have a room. I thought maybe they were in with Days Inn. When I figured out they weren't I went to the desk. I was going to get a refund so we didn't have to pay for two motels.The man at the desk told me not to worry he would call Days Inn and ask them not to charge us.Days Inn didn't refund us so the man at Confort Inn refunded us what Days Inn charged us. Also my friend was outside smoking and a man approached her and the man at the desk stepped outside to make sure she was safe.Thanks for great stay and making sure we felt safe the breakfast was great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
sanbao184
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Stopped in Douglasville at what I thought was the Day's Inn, whose signed looked to me like it was in this hotel's front yard. Or maybe it was 14 hours behind the wheel. Looked nice, pleasant clerk, decided to stay. Had a problem with the room after check in. I have been in these situations before where I got nothing but attitude from the desk clerk. This was not the case here. The clerk asked me politely if I wanted a refund or to look at another room. Because he was so pleasant, I decided on the latter. The second room was fine, clean with comfortable beds. Free hot breakfast the next morning was good. Had waffle machine, egg squares, OJ, good coffee and a lot of other things, but no bacon, sausage or such, which I probably didn't need any way.

The night clerk should be commended for his excellent skills with customers. His effort was much appreciated by two tired travelers.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Good day,

My name is Evon Allen from Evon Allen Hospitality Management. The company has taken over the property as of August 15, 2011 and we are happy that the staff has created such a positive impression on you. The staff especially this particular member has been working meticulously at improving their customer service skill in an effort to provide better service. Your online review will definately make my job easier when it comes to motivating him as well as the others.

Thank you again as always and do take care.
Kaukauna, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

We were very Impressed with the staff! From the GM - Melissa Ferguson to Guest service Rep - Kim King to the Exe. Housekeeper Olivia. Each of them went out of their way too be of assistance. We will be back the next time we are in GA.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

I had reserved a king room. We were given a room with a double bed. When I discovered this, I went to the desk to change the room and met the desk clerk from Hell! The desk clerk said there were no more rooms (even though there were no guests on the 2nd floor). The female oriental clerk proceeded to curse at me and call me names. She then informed me that 'she has a job and I don't (I'm 75 and been retired 21 years by the way.) and that she didn't have to mess with an old woman like me'. She ranted and raved for a good 10 minutes, even while I was calling the Choice Hotels 800 number to complain about her.

If there had been another hotel nearby, we would have left immediatly.

We generally like staying at the Choice Hotels, but will never stay at this one again. Never in all our years and thousand of miles of traveling have I met up with such a rude, rude person.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Good day,

My name is Evon Allen and my management company (Evon Allen Hospitality Management) has been assigned to the property as of August 15, 2011 to have issues like the one you experienced overhauled and eradicated. My apologies that you were not satisfied with the stay and an even greater apology that the staff's conduct failed to meet your need.

Our management company values you and every guest whether you stay or not and of such I am accessible if a situation ever arises at any of our managed properties.

Alot has changed since your stay in January because we have a $1.7million renovation that just completed, a completely new staff and there is more staff on hand now to cater to your needs. Breakfast is hot, all calls are free excluding international and as is the norm, we have free WI-FI.

Do venture this way again and ask for me so wherever I am I can personally via phone or in person extend my apologies for the state of the propertry at that time. Again, My company has taken over the property as of August 15, 2011 and I assure you that none of the issues you had before exist of have any chance of ever happening here again.

Bless you.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!