“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 13 hotels in Douglasville
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Douglasville for 3 nights while on business in the area. Hotel is nice and remodeled. Staff is friendly and helpful. Hotel is close to several restaurants. Gym is larger than most hamptons and breakfast is typical of hotels. Only complaint is no out door seating. Pool was closed and weather was nice!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Memphis, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Although the hotel room was nice I was extremely dissatified with my stay. I indicated a room for 2 adults and 1 child. My reservation stated that I had 1 double bed - king and the reservation was booked for double beds. I am not saying I am the smarting person in the world but the last time I checked double means 2 not 1. When I arrived at the hotel they put me in a single room with a queen bed. Me, my mom, and my 12 year old son could not sleep in one bed. The hotel did bring me a roll away bed but it was uncomforable. I spoke with the hotel staff that night and someone the next day and no one ever did anything to try to fix the issue or accommodate me. I was told that my room would be comped 1 night for the inconvenience and when I received my bill I was charged for both nights. By this time I was frustrated and just left because I was tired of discussing the same issue with the staff and no one seemed to care. My sister in law who is a Hilton employee even called and the staff told her they would comp me 1 night but they never did. I was very disappointed as I am a former Hilton employee as well. Also I notifed the staff that the bathroom sink was leaking in my room and no ever came up to do anything.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Oakland, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is a rock solid Hampton.
The staff are friendly and helpful.
The gym is better equipped than many with a pulley machine, dumb bells, medicine balls and the regular aerobic machines. It has enough room for a body weight or free weight workout.
The breakfast/lobby area is the newer model.
The breakfast follows the Hampton model.
All of the Hampton Inns appear to be moving to Nutrogena products.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Overland Park, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The shower is perfect for our needs. There is a sturdy seat and the shower height is adjustable. The shower curtain is long enough to confine most of the water to the shower area. The grab bars provided give users a feeling of security.

Gardendale, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Nice, clean and close enough to catch a Brave's game. Plenty of restaurants near by. Room clean, breakfast was great. Conveniently located near I-20 on west side of Atlanta. Not my first stay at this location, and will not be my last. My wife and I stay here almost every time we visit the Atlanta area. We have always had good experiences here.

Douglasville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Even with the recent remodeling, this hotel still seems dirty and run down. Come on, Hampton Inn, get this hotel up to par. Great location right across from Arbor Place Mall (which is a very nice place to shop). The staff is friendly enough, but my non smoking room smelled like smoke and the desk clerk told me that it wasn't cigarettes but was the vacuum cleaner. Really?! Then get some new ones! The carpets seem dirty, too. Not what I expect from Hampton Inn at all. Where are the fluffy comforters and modern, sparkling rooms like we see on television? I did not partake in the free breakfast, but it seemed okay from what I could tell.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

When I arrived at this hotel I was greeted by Front Desk staff that was not in uniform. He was friendly but said my room number out loud which I did not appreciate. Luckly the lobby was empty. I had two reservations and had asked that it be noted so that I didn't have to change rooms and that they keys be made for the whole stay. Desk clerks assurred me they would take care of it but they didn't. Room was a little dated but clean except for some "sticky" spots on the carpet. There was a broken light bulb in the desk lamp so that did not work. The breafkast was not very good. Stuff looked picked over and not replenished. Breakfast staff was present but not really friendly. Found the cream cheese warm and had to go and ask for cold stuff since I didn't want to get sick. Most of the staff we encountered didn't really seem that friendly and just went through the motions. Maybe that is the only type of staff you can find in a big city but I think for a Hampton they could do better.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Atlanta Douglasville? Share your experiences!